Islam

newfie

Actually Islam allows people to live and keep their religion as long as they pay tribute and allow themselves to be dominated. Pretty much what the Ottoman empire did to southeastern Europe for 500 years. If you refuse to accept domination or convert you must die in the view of Islam.

i often get irratated when non believers try to misquote the bible to suit an argument or to mock the bible. radicalized islamists misquote the quran to jusitify their beliefs.

most muslims are peace loving people who only believe in attacking non-believers when they theirselves are attacked.

The fundamental Quranic principle is that fighting is allowed only in self-defense, and it is only against those who actively fight against you. Indeed, Islam is a religion that seeks to maximize peace and reconciliation. Yet, Islam is not a pacifist religion; it does accept the premise that, from time to time and as a last resort, arms must be taken up in a just war.

If the enemy inclines toward peace, however, Muslims must follow suit: “But if they stop, God is most forgiving, most merciful” (2:192). Also read: “Now if they incline toward peace, then incline to it, and place your trust in God, for God is the all-hearing, the all-knowing” (8:61).

Does the Quran Really Sanction Violence Against 'Unbelievers'? | HuffPost

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Why you afraid to die if you're going to eternal peace in heaven? Got all those virgins waiting for you.
Never read where non believers get 1 virgin much less 70....
wonder if the head muslim guy will get a new message from Allah when they run out of virgins? Maybe that's the answer. Stop with the killing, we're all out of virgins.

Last edited:

Non sequitur

To be free of carnal pleasure, or the need of, would be closer to heaven. Promising guys an eternal sex romp sounds like a cult leader rallying the troops to go fight for the cause.

vantexan

i often get irratated when non believers try to misquote the bible to suit an argument or to mock the bible. radicalized islamists misquote the quran to jusitify their beliefs.

most muslims are peace loving people who only believe in attacking non-believers when they theirselves are attacked.

The fundamental Quranic principle is that fighting is allowed only in self-defense, and it is only against those who actively fight against you. Indeed, Islam is a religion that seeks to maximize peace and reconciliation. Yet, Islam is not a pacifist religion; it does accept the premise that, from time to time and as a last resort, arms must be taken up in a just war.

If the enemy inclines toward peace, however, Muslims must follow suit: “But if they stop, God is most forgiving, most merciful” (2:192). Also read: “Now if they incline toward peace, then incline to it, and place your trust in God, for God is the all-hearing, the all-knowing” (8:61).

Does the Quran Really Sanction Violence Against 'Unbelievers'? | HuffPost
I can't begin to quote the Quran but I have seen verses that say if non-believers refuse to accept Islam then you must make war on them. That if they resist your teachings then they must be killed. When things were on a more equal playing field for centuries that is exactly what happened. Not every Muslim was a warrior taking the fight to non-believers, but there were constant attempts to invade other countries and spread Islam. The "religion of peace" didn't spread through missionaries. And thus everywhere in the world where there's a significant Muslim minority you see constant attacks against the majority. Might not be wholesale warfare as in the past because today those majorities are heavily armed with superior firepower. But there are continuing terrorist attacks. Ask the majorities in India, the Philippines, various African nations just how peaceful their Muslim neighbors are. Ask Lebanon why it's no longer majority Christian. For that matter ask Constantinople why it's now called Istanbul. Ask why it is that our newly elected Muslim representatives spend their time attacking Israel. And as far as peace goes ask Shia Iran why it's constantly at odds with it's Sunni neighbors. Ask the young Muslim women in the U.S. why they were murdered by their parents for becoming too American. Has happened many times. Yes there are peace loving Muslims who contribute greatly. The Muslim doctor who put in my artery stent has a national reputation for heart surgery. He seemed a very good man. I'm not concerned about him or many other Muslims. But letting in hundreds of thousands without any way to know exactly who they are would be foolish. Believing there aren't pockets of radicalized Muslims already here would be naive.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Then they don't believe the book that makes them a muslim.
My muslim friends tell me with a smile that they are champion liars.
Just like the Jews.
Their holy book tells them to kill non believers. Religion is poison.

340.jpg

Non sequitur

Could be argued that all organized religions are cults.

They essentially are. That's why if you want to understand the true philosophy of a group or religion, look at what are referred to as the fundamentalist to get an accurate understanding. The word cult is always mistaken for derogatory assignment.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
i often get irratated when non believers try to misquote the bible to suit an argument or to mock the bible.
Me too. It's done all time.
radicalized islamists misquote the quran to jusitify their beliefs.
“O you who believe! Take not as (your) Bitanah (advisors, consultants, protectors, helpers, friends) those outside your religion (pagans, Jews, Christians, and hypocrites) since they will not fail to do their best to corrupt you.”
Qur'an 3:118
Mohsin Khan translation
“Fight against them until idolatry is no more and God's religion reigns supreme.”

Qur'an 2:193
N. J. Dawood translation in
"The Koran" (Penguin Books)
The Qur'an contains detailed instructions and examples of how to meet unbelievers. The Qur'an states categorically that Muslims cannot have non-believers as friends, advisors, consultants or protectors (Qur'an 3:118and 4:144). If a Muslims wife is, or becomes, a disbeliever, the marriage can be discontinued and the dowries paid for them can be demanded back (Qur'an 60:10). The second instruction is that unbelievers should be called to Islam; in fact, the Qur'an says you cannot wage war against unbelievers until you have preached to them. The third instruction is that if they do not convert to Islam, then, they must be fought. The fourth instruction is that if they surrender, or convert, then you must stop waging war. If they do not convert or surrender, then they must be killed. This is the optimum route for Islamist expansion: A tidal wave of war, subjugation and conversion.

No misquotes here Newfman. Just quotes.

newfie

Me too. It's done all time.

“O you who believe! Take not as (your) Bitanah (advisors, consultants, protectors, helpers, friends) those outside your religion (pagans, Jews, Christians, and hypocrites) since they will not fail to do their best to corrupt you.”
Qur'an 3:118
Mohsin Khan translation
“Fight against them until idolatry is no more and God's religion reigns supreme.”

Qur'an 2:193
N. J. Dawood translation in
"The Koran" (Penguin Books)
The Qur'an contains detailed instructions and examples of how to meet unbelievers. The Qur'an states categorically that Muslims cannot have non-believers as friends, advisors, consultants or protectors (Qur'an 3:118and 4:144). If a Muslims wife is, or becomes, a disbeliever, the marriage can be discontinued and the dowries paid for them can be demanded back (Qur'an 60:10). The second instruction is that unbelievers should be called to Islam; in fact, the Qur'an says you cannot wage war against unbelievers until you have preached to them. The third instruction is that if they do not convert to Islam, then, they must be fought. The fourth instruction is that if they surrender, or convert, then you must stop waging war. If they do not convert or surrender, then they must be killed. This is the optimum route for Islamist expansion: A tidal wave of war, subjugation and conversion.

No misquotes here Newfman. Just quotes.
That's actually my point the source I provided supplied quotes that dispute what you say.

So here again we quote what helps our argument.

It's why some are radicalized while most are not.

newfie

I can't begin to quote the Quran but I have seen verses that say if non-believers refuse to accept Islam then you must make war on them. That if they resist your teachings then they must be killed. When things were on a more equal playing field for centuries that is exactly what happened. Not every Muslim was a warrior taking the fight to non-believers, but there were constant attempts to invade other countries and spread Islam. The "religion of peace" didn't spread through missionaries. And thus everywhere in the world where there's a significant Muslim minority you see constant attacks against the majority. Might not be wholesale warfare as in the past because today those majorities are heavily armed with superior firepower. But there are continuing terrorist attacks. Ask the majorities in India, the Philippines, various African nations just how peaceful their Muslim neighbors are. Ask Lebanon why it's no longer majority Christian. For that matter ask Constantinople why it's now called Istanbul. Ask why it is that our newly elected Muslim representatives spend their time attacking Israel. And as far as peace goes ask Shia Iran why it's constantly at odds with it's Sunni neighbors. Ask the young Muslim women in the U.S. why they were murdered by their parents for becoming too American. Has happened many times. Yes there are peace loving Muslims who contribute greatly. The Muslim doctor who put in my artery stent has a national reputation for heart surgery. He seemed a very good man. I'm not concerned about him or many other Muslims. But letting in hundreds of thousands without any way to know exactly who they are would be foolish. Believing there aren't pockets of radicalized Muslims already here would be naive.

I'm at a point where i blame the individual and not the religion. there are sick murderous people that will twist anything they can to hurt others.

question to all you muslim experts . how many muslim friends do you have ?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
You are living in fear.

You’re more likely to die from a car/bus crash than you’re likely to die from Muslims.

So, what’s your issue?

You keep screaming ‘MUSLIMS’, but that’s not the issue.
You are living in fear.

You’re more likely to die from a knife stabbing than you’re likely to die from guns.

So, what’s your issue?

You keep screaming ‘GUNS’, but that’s not the issue.