It’s coming...

AB831

I used to deliver packages for a living, that's it. Never wanted or aspired to be a business owner or any management. It was funny that poster suggested you for ownership of Amazon routes. Little did he know your lack of business knowledge would make that a BAD decision for you and Amazon
I’m not going into the field of business, so I’m really not sure what your point is. We’re talking about YOU. What knowledge do you have of ANY topic other than blowing hot air?

AB831

Wait... So someone who's only aspiration in life was to deliver packages is going to pass judgement on someone else, based on a comment another user made?

Stay in your lane, bud. You're just making yourself look dumber with each comment.
I have no idea what he’s talking about. I’ve never made any claim to have any kind of business acumen or ability to run a business. That would be like telling someone who doesn’t play an instrument that they shouldn’t try out for a band. Like, thanks for the pointer lol

48meeting

Yep. If you do it for Amazon. you make $15 an hr and have ZERO benefits and drive Sprinter vans that have been wrecked on every corner. When you work at Express, you start at close to $18 and top out at close to $30. Full benefits. Pt or Ft, and drive a little better Sprinters. Which do you think is better?
LOL
Excuse me sir I'm looking for a job at express how long does it take to reach close to $30? 😂

Aquaman

Are you talking hub or ramp? You do know they have airplanes because a lot of stations are too far from Memphis, Indianapolis, etc to truck freight?
Well FedEx has a little contract with a company called Ozark. They truck their freight long haul. But okay, let’s say for the sake of argument some stations get P2 off the flight with their P1.... your station is still going to run 2 sorts and have P1 routes be part time.

zeev

They have lots of contracts with trucking companies which is better than Express drivers who have PSP GFT and other worthless acronyms. Also 1100 miles is within range for P2. Just take it to Ground in the future.

Aquaman

They have lots of contracts with trucking companies which is better than Express drivers who have PSP GFT and other worthless acronyms. Also 1100 miles is within range for P2. Just take it to Ground in the future.
The goal is to make the morning drivers part time. This isn’t going to be exclusive to city stations lol.

Aquaman

That goal is not likely to be reality.
Time will tell. I think it’s company suicide should they go that route. But that’s what they’re doing. With little to no chance at top out. And the ever reduction in decent benefits. The only reason people stay here is the hope of a good day route. It’s the only reason. To get off at 2:30 or 3:30 in the afternoon and enjoy time with your family. Eliminate that and there’s seriously zero reasons to work here.

AB831

Time will tell. I think it’s company suicide should they go that route. But that’s what they’re doing. With little to no chance at top out. And the ever reduction in decent benefits. The only reason people stay here is the hope of a good day route. It’s the only reason. To get off at 2:30 or 3:30 in the afternoon and enjoy time with your family. Eliminate that and there’s seriously zero reasons to work here.
Since when has the good of the company or its employees made any difference in the decisions Fat Freddy makes? My tenure will be just shy of 4 and 1/2 years, and not only have I yet to see them make a good decision, I’ve yet to see them make one that isn’t pure stupidity.

vantexan

Well FedEx has a little contract with a company called Ozark. They truck their freight long haul. But okay, let’s say for the sake of argument some stations get P2 off the flight with their P1.... your station is still going to run 2 sorts and have P1 routes be part time.
Depends on the station. In the outlying small stations I cited they may have the in town FT routes do as you say. Extended area FT rts will start early. It's not logistically feasible to do otherwise. With last mile Ground deliveries those FTers are going to get off earlier anyways, saving money. What you're talking about would result in two part time rts as the later rt has to be back by a certain time for reload.

As for Ozark they don't truck next day freight to stations. You're trying to make everything work from your perspective of working in a large station in a large city or metro area. It has never worked the same in smaller outlying stations in small cities/big towns. The company operates according to local conditions. Pickup windows are different. There is no one size fits all and FedEx is trying to increase profit. They aren't going to spend more and lose money rather than go with what works. If you truly believe they would do that I highly recommend you don't go into business for yourself.

vantexan

You're demonstrating a lack of knowledge about small stations in rural areas. If you want off early at those stations you have to be morning part-time. In big city stations near ramps rts are often delivering by, even before 0800. In stations a ways from the ramp they don't get out of the building until often 0900 or later. Some stations much later. At my last station there was a part-timer who usually was off by 1130. He got about 20 hours a week by working a little longer on Saturday. They can make the 2 sorts work in a station like yours. Won't happen in the stations I'm describing.

Gone fishin

You’re panicking

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
It sounds like Fat Freddy used to provide a decent career for his workers. However, that is no longer the case for new hires, so once he drives out all of the old timers
That has a familiar ring to it. Where have I heard that before?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
You seem to be confused. The HUBS are running two sorts. Station XYZA can do whatever it wants (most likely also 2 sorts). The HUBS are not sorting P2 during their P1 sorts. Stations are NOT going to be getting P1 & P2 at the same time. None of them. The hubs aren’t going to run extra sorts and eat up P1 space on planes so little rural stations with extended routes can still get all their freight at once. This is FedEx, the land of bad ideas... and this won’t work. And they’ll do it anyway.
The hubs are sorting selected P2 during their P1 sorts. A cost-benefit analysis is performed to determine a station's inclusion/exclusion in this. Those stations that are excluded see no changes.

Or you could have just read the comments on FB or Reddit posts (whichever one you copied the original post from, verbatim) and found out the same thing from those who work at non-split stations in markets that have already launched the RESPONSE program. Maybe you can call up those stations and markets and tell them they aren't really doing what they're doing because it doesn't fit the theory you reposted from FB.