It’s coming...

Aquaman

I'm guessing P2 zip codes of outlying towns are sorted with P1 but P2 of the metro areas are sorted in the second sort.
It’s gonna be a complete disaster. I don’t see the hubs bending over backwards trying to sort P2 with P1 for a little rural station in Wyoming. That’s not really how this company works... at least not anymore. Everyone speculating on how their stations won’t be affected are basing that on how this company has operated. The entire Express operation is about to change.

vantexan

It’s gonna be a complete disaster. I don’t see the hubs bending over backwards trying to sort P2 with P1 for a little rural station in Wyoming. That’s not really how this company works... at least not anymore. Everyone speculating on how their stations won’t be affected are basing that on how this company has operated. The entire Express operation is about to change.
And you know this how?

vantexan

Well, it should be that way but this is FedEx remember. They’ll have pissed off customers whining that “FedEx Express was already here once today!”
Which always happens when one was Ground. Imagine how confused they must be when a Ground guy drops off an Express pkg!

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I am someone that knows a customer doesn't care what OPCO delivers his package. The courier walks in, drops off the package and the customer isn't gonna ask him is he Ground or Express. You seem to be fascinated by that, the customer, not so much.
You just don't get it, do you?

You probably argue all day long about which weighs more, a pound of gold or a pound of feathers.

vantexan

I am someone that knows a customer doesn't care what OPCO delivers his package. The courier walks in, drops off the package and the customer isn't gonna ask him is he Ground or Express. You seem to be fascinated by that, the customer, not so much.
It's true, I am fascinated by it. Especially when you made the bold assertion FedEx can pretty much charge Express prices while having Ground do the entire pickup/transport/delivery process.

It will be fine

It's true, I am fascinated by it. Especially when you made the bold assertion FedEx can pretty much charge Express prices while having Ground do the entire pickup/transport/delivery process.
They can. They basically aligned Express and Ground pricing for 2 and 3 day volume. Often when I ship things 2 day express is cheaper than Ground.

vantexan

They can. They basically aligned Express and Ground pricing for 2 and 3 day volume. Often when I ship things 2 day express is cheaper than Ground.
Name one place in the country where Ground is doing the whole process instead of just "the last mile?" Because if Fred could get away with it he'd already be doing it. No way he's just carrying Express employees because he cares.

It will be fine

Name one place in the country where Ground is doing the whole process instead of just "the last mile?" Because if Fred could get away with it he'd already be doing it. No way he's just carrying Express employees because he cares.
Ground isn’t doing the pickups yet but that’ll come soon enough. There are a lot of technical kinks to work out in LMO but there’s so much money to be saved for it not to happen.

vantexan

Ground isn’t doing the pickups yet but that’ll come soon enough. There are a lot of technical kinks to work out in LMO but there’s so much money to be saved for it not to happen.
But we aren't talking LMO. We're talking the entire operation beyond what must be flown. If Fred could get away with it there wouldn't be two separate opco's. Wishful thinking.

It will be fine

But we aren't talking LMO. We're talking the entire operation beyond what must be flown. If Fred could get away with it there wouldn't be two separate opco's. Wishful thinking.
Right now Ground is picking up from the express stations before the freight is flown. The only thing we aren’t doing is the pickup from the customer. That’s just a tech issue, I don’t see a large barrier from that happening in the future. Customer will pick the delivery date and the software will pick the service that meets it.