It’s coming...

vantexan

Right now Ground is picking up from the express stations before the freight is flown. The only thing we aren’t doing is the pickup from the customer. That’s just a tech issue, I don’t see a large barrier from that happening in the future. Customer will pick the delivery date and the software will pick the service that meets it.
And charge the appropriate opco price. Not lead the customer to believe he's getting premium Express service at Express prices then use Ground to do it. That opens FedEx up to litigation exposure.

falcon back

It's true, I am fascinated by it. Especially when you made the bold assertion FedEx can pretty much charge Express prices while having Ground do the entire pickup/transport/delivery process.
The customer pays for a package to be delivered in 2 days or 3 days. If a robot can do it, if Ground can do it or if Snoopy can do it, the customer doesn't care. I am sure there will be prices, just simple prices at some point with corresponding commitment days. No Ground or Express prices. I never asserted anything. You must be lying again.

Gone fishin

Ground isn’t doing the pickups yet but that’ll come soon enough. There are a lot of technical kinks to work out in LMO but there’s so much money to be saved for it not to happen.
Ground is imploding in my area ,already days behind and I get ground pickups after they’ve been missed for a week. You’re delusional. The fact that they can’t keep drivers or loaders says it all

vantexan

The customer pays for a package to be delivered in 2 days or 3 days. If a robot can do it, if Ground can do it or if Snoopy can do it, the customer doesn't care. I am sure there will be prices, just simple prices at some point with corresponding commitment days. No Ground or Express prices. I never asserted anything. You must be lying again.
Your nose is growing longer I see.

It will be fine

Ground is imploding in my area ,already days behind and I get ground pickups after they’ve been missed for a week. You’re delusional. The fact that they can’t keep drivers or loaders says it all
Yup. Ground will be closing its doors any day now. It was a good run, but because your local terminal is struggling the national
corporate plans will never take place. Talk about delusional.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Sounds like my former Express route. I’d see Ground packages gathering dust at customer locations all the time.

Gone fishin

Yup. Ground will be closing its doors any day now. It was a good run, but because your local terminal is struggling the national
corporate plans will never take place. Talk about delusional.
Not saying that , but if you think adding on to ground will fix it and all it’s problems will go away , you’re delusional.
We have open routes at express for month’s , why go to ground while you could go to express ?

Cactus

Not saying that , but if you think adding on to ground will fix it and all it’s problems will go away , you’re delusional.
We have open routes at express for month’s , why go to ground while you could go to express ?
FedEx is trying to throw **** at the wall, hoping something will stick and they're going the cheapest route and not necessarily the best way

bacha29

FedEx is trying to throw **** at the wall, hoping something will stick and they're going the cheapest route and not necessarily the best way
Sure, you could dump boxes off onto Ground. But, this is 2020 not 1850 . The slave owner (opps I meant contractor) can't just go to the convenient neighborhood slave market and buy some more.

On the other hand Fat Freddy doesn't care. Just dump it off onto the Ground contractor at which time it becomes a contractor problem which requires a contractor solution.

AB831

Sure, you could dump boxes off onto Ground. But, this is 2020 not 1850 . The slave owner (opps I meant contractor) can't just go to the convenient neighborhood slave market and buy some more.

On the other hand Fat Freddy doesn't care. Just dump it off onto the Ground contractor at which time it becomes a contractor problem which requires a contractor solution.
So you’re saying the “pass the buck and make it someone else’s problem” isn’t just a local management strategy?

falcon back

It is hilarious watching the 3 village idiots bitch and bash with every post. AB, Cactus and bacha seem to cherish the negativity each spews with each post. I challenge any of you to find 1 positive thing you have ever posted on here. Maybe the free donuts?

It will be fine

It takes a special type of person to believe increasing volume is a problem for contractors. “Oh No! More money, whatever shall I do!”

Cactus

It is hilarious watching the 3 village idiots bitch and bash with every post. AB, Cactus and bacha seem to cherish the negativity each spews with each post. I challenge any of you to find 1 positive thing you have ever posted on here. Maybe the free donuts?
I was always grateful that I never had to work with you. That’s a huge positive.

AB831

I don’t work for FredEx anymore. That’s a positive.