MemphisHubFedExer

We had some employee's scam UPS. Sometime UPS uses us to expedite express air shipments that for whatever reason they cant make. So a couple of geniuses would reroute some of the packages to a scam address. They thought since they were stealing from UPS it would go under the radar. I think they stole 25,000 thousand dollars worth of UPS freight before Fred had them arrested on the Memphis ramp. They are currently in the Shelby county jail house.

rod

Retired 22 years
We had some employee's scam UPS. Sometime UPS uses us to expedite express air shipments that for whatever reason they cant make. So a couple of geniuses would reroute some of the packages to a scam address. They thought since they were stealing from UPS it would go under the radar. I think they stole 25,000 thousand dollars worth of UPS freight before Fred had them arrested on the Memphis ramp. They are currently in the Shelby county jail house.

So UPS uses FedEx to fly stuff for them? The things you learn on BC.

bham brown

They won’t go to jail. We had a guy here stealing every kind of phone and tablet he could get in his backpack. They allowed him to resign.

I can think of five easy ways to get one over on them. Someone I know very well was head LP / Security for a number of years. It ain't hard to fly under the radar.

Star B

White Lightening
Yeah, he's talking about FedEx, but we also have the USPS contract for their priority services, which also filters thru Memphis.

MemphisHubFedExer

So UPS uses FedEx to fly stuff for them? The things you learn on BC.

I was talking about UPS. We see it here in memphis because of the sheer number of flights and destinations that fly outta here. Now the number of packages I'm talking about is very small, I don't see them everyday. And also from what I understand its not delivered by us, it's only airport to airport. If our high priority packages miss a flight, it's not unheard of us sending them on a UPS flight if they cant get them on a passenger flight.

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
In 17 years, I've never looked at an address corrected package and said to myself "Damn, I got to get a signature" !!!
You deliver the box, get back in your truck and go. You are not held accountable because it was corrected.
If you get a message from the OMS or a followup, it's treated as a regular bad address and you retrieve it.
Exactly we get paid to deliver

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I guess I have a little more thought as I want the right consignee that gets his actual package... not someone who has moved months before.... maybe I have too much time to care..

There is never too much time to care.

Helper and I had a 55" Smart TV for a residential stop yesterday. Consignee was not home so we made sure to driver release it (I was surprised that it was not signature required) to where no one could see it from the road. We placed it against the house, put two 55 gallon rolling trash dumpsters against it and placed the recycling bin and a trash can in front of it.

Future

Victory Ride
There is never too much time to care.

Helper and I had a 55" Smart TV for a residential stop yesterday. Consignee was not home so we made sure to driver release it (I was surprised that it was not signature required) to where no one could see it from the road. We placed it against the house, put two 55 gallon rolling trash dumpsters against it and placed the recycling bin and a trash can in front of it.
Was it protected from weather?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
really? it sounds like a couple of QA clerks were intentionally address correcting to the wrong address, the driver unknowingly DRing them per methods, and then the QA clerks/preload buddies going to get them.
Address corrected packages should never be DR’d