It's happening

El Correcto

god is dead
Maybe they'll give you a medal for bravely risking the lives of so many others.
So I’m risking our volunteer armies lives? Trump is the one not pulling them out of the Middle East? If I don’t have any valid points and there is no need for us to be in the Middle East why isn’t Trump just evacuating them all?

newfie

So I’m risking our volunteer armies lives? Trump is the one not pulling them out of the Middle East? If I don’t have any valid points and there is no need for us to be in the Middle East why isn’t Trump just evacuating them all?
It appears he just took the first step in doing so and signalled his intention to do more.

newfie

You’re just one of those sideline cowards projecting your fear on actual warriors. I’m just looking at this logically, not emotionally.

And you served and risked your life where?
When exactly did you ever put your ass where your mouth is?

El Correcto

god is dead
And you served and risked your life where?
When exactly did you ever put your ass where your mouth is?
My personal Vietnam was not catching AIDs.
It appears he just took the first step in doing so and signalled his intention to do more.
They all promise that fren. It would take a complete jackass to actually do so.

America spends 50% of the world’s military budget. We are the only country with enough resources to prevent the rise of Islamist caliphates around the world. It’s easy to say that’s not our problem, but when they plot massive terror attacks on American soil and promise jihad against the west it becomes our problem.

One of the most dishonest argument I see is that’s thousands of miles away why should America be involved?

Yes Osama Bin Ladin was thousands of miles away as well when plotting 9/11.

We have a massive volunteer army. They sign up to fight for america’s interest. America has a strong interest in “policing” the Middle East and not letting the terror cells go unchecked.

newfie

My personal Vietnam was not catching AIDs.

They all promise that fren. It would take a complete jackass to actually do so.

America spends 50% of the world’s military budget. We are the only country with enough resources to prevent the rise of Islamist caliphates around the world. It’s easy to say that’s not our problem, but when they plot massive terror attacks on American soil and promise jihad against the west it becomes our problem.

One of the most dishonest argument I see is that’s thousands of miles away why should America be involved?

Yes Osama Bin Ladin was thousands of miles away as well when plotting 9/11.

We have a massive volunteer army. They sign up to fight for america’s interest. America has a strong interest in “policing” the Middle East and not letting the terror cells go unchecked.

You led by example where?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Volunteer army, no one forced them to do it fren.

Volunteer to join, not volunteer to pick which battles to engage in. I don't have enough information to form an opinion about this particular decision to withdraw troops. But to say that people volunteer to be murder puppets is yet another oversimplified view of the world. If you enjoy things like having smoke blown up your buttle, go talk to a recruiter.

They get these recruits when they still believe in crazy things like patriotism and defending our country. Even the ones who are looking to kill don't truly realize what they are getting themselves into. By the time they do, it's too late to do anything about it. One of many, many reasons I am against a standing military.

Your argument that we need to continue fighting because we already are is circular logic at best. It is because of the fact that we justified meddling in the affairs of other countries with "the best defense is a good offense" that we have to deal with terrorists to begin with. Sure, we're in the thick of it now, but instead of just doing the same things over and over, we need to develop a better strategy for restoring whatever balance we can, and stop making ourselves the target for guerrilla wafare.

El Correcto

god is dead
Your argument that we need to continue fighting because we already are is circular logic at best. It is because of the fact that we justified meddling in the affairs of other countries with "the best defense is a good offense" that we have to deal with terrorists to begin with. Sure, we're in the thick of it now, but instead of just doing the same things over and over, we need to develop a better strategy for restoring whatever balance we can, and stop making ourselves the target for guerrilla wafare.
You don’t understand Jihad. These people are not done killing us just because you’re tired of “endless wars”. You’re merely kicking the can down the road and allow the problem to escalate, a proud boomer tradition.

MAKAVELI

You don’t understand Jihad. These people are not done killing us just because you’re tired of “endless wars”. You’re merely kicking the can down the road and allow the problem to escalate, a proud boomer tradition.
You're still young enough to join the Marines, son.:happy2:

MAKAVELI

Because he is Putin's little bitch.:happy2:

El Correcto

god is dead
You're still young enough to join the Marines, son.:happy2:
The military honestly sounds extremely boring. The marines, army and navy were interested in recruiting me based off my asvab, but the money is no where near worth it. I have other options.

It’s one of many back up plans for me if I lose my UPS gig especially now that I’m sober. It just sounds boring as :censored2:.

vantexan

If we have defeated ISIS then what's the point of being in Syria?

MAKAVELI

The military honestly sounds extremely boring. The marines, army and navy were interested in recruiting me based off my asvab, but the money is no where near worth it. I have other options.

It’s one of many back up plans for me if I lose my UPS gig especially now that I’m sober. It just sounds boring as :censored2:.
Someone as angry as you at the world, would be a great fit for the Marines.

newfie

I’m not even sure what you are asking fren?

Everyone has to be a combat vet to support policy that puts troops live in danger?

Do you realize how stupid that is?

yea i think if you're going to offer to put our troops in the middle of a shooting gallery like Syria then you should have served and at least understand why you're asking our troops to do something thats pretty friend'd up .