I've noticed that most drivers don't own premium cars that they can afford. Why?

Why do you drive much less than you can afford?

• Just don't wanna appear flashy or showing off

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like to appear as an everyday blue (brown?) collar worker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have different priorities than nice cars

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • I have a big family so the money isn't as much as it seems

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Hey, I'm one of the one's with a luxury car. Gotta problem w/ that?

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • Other

Votes: 9 23.7%

• Total voters

JL 0513

Many people quickly forgot.........

606x404-140e8bd10842c324ab0e7228ed9db7f5.jpg
606x404-140e8bd10842c324ab0e7228ed9db7f5.jpg

I'm running a Superchips 92 octane tune and still my truck runs fine.

If I'm just going to burn through a tank of gas for the workweek driving on the highway, cruise on,2000 rpm at a steady 80........er 55 mph, then I'll toss in the 87 octane and my GT will burn it happily and not know any better. Other times when I might drive in a more spirited manor then I'll put in the better stuff.

The "high octane only" rule kind of dies out (except for the previously high strung vehicles mentioned) in the day of high tech engine controls.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
If I'm just going to burn through a tank of gas for the workweek driving on the highway, cruise on,2000 rpm at a steady 80........er 55 mph, then I'll toss in the 87 octane and my GT will burn it happily and not know any better. Other times when I might drive in a more spirited manor then I'll put in the better stuff.

The "high octane only" rule kind of dies out (except for the previously high strung vehicles mentioned) in the day of high tech engine controls.

I must be lucky. All the forums said it would rattle like crazy without premium on that tune. My primitive engine does not feature a knock sensor.:surprised:

Now I understand who I'm talking too.

You essentially believe oil is evil and we shouldn't be using it at all. Therefore, you believe gas should be expensive so that we get off it.

Oh hell no. I believe we are sitting on more oil than we need and with todays high tech vehicles and responsible use theres no reason to not keep using it. Also I believe we should develop bio and algae diesel fuel which can be home grown to cut us off from those in the middle east.

But I also believe that oil and it's byproducts are price manipulated so if you want to talk evil then head in that direction.

P.s. I drive a Mustang GT as a daily driver. Sure I could drive something awesome like a Yaris but the evil in me says friend-it, drive something thats bad ass.

JL 0513

But I also believe that oil and it's byproducts are price manipulated so if you want to talk evil then head in that direction.

Those that talk about price manipulation when talking about oil are usually talking about the high price we pay. So it just seemed backwards on your part to say that when oil was dirt cheap for 110+ years it was artificial. If oil prices were always artificial, then they would have always been expensive as it is today. Because it's abundance should dictate a low price, not such a high price.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
I must be lucky. All the forums said it would rattle like crazy without premium on that tune. My primitive engine does not feature a knock sensor.:surprised:

what are your thoughts on fuel brands? I try to use Mobil or Sunoco, & stay away from the no name gas stations, especially with my motorcycles. With those I always use 93 octane.

I've also tried using techron full additive on occasion, but I really don't know if it helps.
About every 20,000 miles, I'll have a fuel injector service done. That seems to help, maybe it's all in my head idk.