Jonfrum

Cole

Off topic for a moment, my nephew , is going into the Marines Aug 6th, and he's a good kid, but he also has a smart a_ _ smirk he keeps on his wife, so life is going to be tough for him a Paris Island real soon. Me thinks they will brake him down quick, and rebuild. ;)

To the thread, as far as the center manager, and account rep, they stated their opinions of where the think Jon got his info, but that sure doesn't mean it's a fact. I have noticed he hasn't posted in quite a while, possibly busy etc...

As far as being a steward, you can't be confrontational all the time, as you'll eventually have someone do something stupid that you can do little about, so you need to have a respectful relationship. I agree with Red, that you don't bring that members issues out in front of the body of members/mngmnt, as it's that individuals business, and not ours to publicize their info etc...We would raise cain if the company did it that way, and have, as that's uneccessary, and embarassing to the individual, also there may be some legal ramifications for that as well.

I still think we need to know what specific info we're talking about that brought about this thread, because obviousley it is debate worthy.

area43

Off topic for a moment, my nephew , is going into the Marines Aug 6th, and he's a good kid, but he also has a smart a_ _ smirk he keeps on his wife, so life is going to be tough for him a Paris Island real soon. Me thinks they will brake him down quick, and rebuild. ;)

Wow, Cole what a coincidence, my nephew is now in boot camp. He went in the day after he graduated June 17 sunday. My son talked to my brother today and said he(nephew) caught pneumonia. Not good, it appears he has or has been out for a week. If thats the case he will not graduate with his original platoon. Let me explain, when I went to boot camp, you were basically assinged a platoon, now your platoon is family. Its sometimes hard to adopt so to speak one these recruits(not marines yet) into your family that have been sidelined for a reason. Folks, when your sidelined you pick up where you left off, meaning you go into another platoon. It should not be the case,but there is a ill faded attitude to the new recruit. I have so much to say on the whole matter. My nephew, was a computer game nerd kid, not to be mean, I love the kid, like your nephew Cole he has a good heart, really active in the church. The problem with my nephew is that he had very little physical activity, dont get me wrong he wasnt fat, skinny as a pole. He didnt do much exercise before he went in and now he is paying the price. It was a total shock to his system.

New paragraph, my nepew also went into the Corp for the wrong reason. Yes, he wanted to be a marine, but that wasnt the main reason, I believe in my observation that he joined for attention. Ex. Hey look, Im going into the marines type of attitude. That just wont cut it when it comes down to the wire. I could type forever, please excuse me Cole. I want to help, so I ll keep typing.

Cole, does your Nephew have his MOS(military occupational speciality). As you can see the Corp has big names for things. Why dont they just call it your "JOB" it would be so much easier. My nephew was in the delayed entry program( Poolee program), he was in ROTC in high school. His mos was infantry, like his father, but after a friend did some conviencing he changed it to "tanks", I believe. Thats sad I dont know exactly, but anyhow he changed it. I believe it was smart that he did, Reason why, it takes a special breed to be infantry(grunt). I was a combat engineer and thats basically super infantry(super grunt). I did everything the grunt did plus we specialized in explosives, bridging, small construction and land mines( I could write book on that) there is more, but that just gives you an idea.

Cole, as you can see Iam type A personality, Sammie to her credit was the first on this site to pick that out. Anyhow, Now I want to address your nephew. The advice I would give to him is start working out on a daily basis. I assume he is young and even though his boot camp is a short , short distance away he can still benefit from it . Mentally, he needs to be strong. Hes going in the last month of summer, but thats ok. I went to boot camp after my semster ended in college in May of 85. Wow it seems so long. I got out in august(boot camp) and went to work for UPS in oct of 85 pt and the rest is history.

Back to your nephew, Im sorry I get so easily side tracked. A lot of parents will put there kid in the Corp to correct a behavioral problem. There are many reasons why young people go into the Corp, History, uniforms, the mystic,see the world LOL. etc etc. They are all great. The Corp can make a person better or bitter. It all depends on the individual. Pride, your nephew seems to have a lot of it. The Corp might make that worse, its good to keep that in check. I pray that I could talk to him one on one. Talking is great, but to act on it is even greater. Cole if you have any questions on the Corp please feel free to ask.

Now, on the subject of Jon, Cole please understand I am done with this issue. I choose not to dwell on it any longer. If I had to do it over, knowing what I know now I would not have done it. Sorry, thats just how I see it. I hope that you understand . Sincerely area 43

Oh, and one other thing about Jon not posting. I believe that one Big primary reason that people dont register is paranioa. Yes, that is why in my opinion. Imagine this Cole, if you would, Jon trying to keep a low profile( your getting me started, Cole LOL) strangely enough post his name, location and job title. Ok, now Area 43 starts a thread titled with his name. As of now it has 63 posts and 1284 views. That could blow your mind. It might even stop you from posting. Anyhow, I know that rumors are running wild on the bc site. Ex. is he fired or still working, is he going to post or not post. Who knows? Jon is a mystery. Does he like all the attention, Perphaps. Maybe thats why he stayed unregisterd. Maybe hes waiting to see how all this pans out. Maybe hes working on his response. Maybe he wants to make me look like a fool. Who knows? Cole, to be honest Im too old (42) to be playing these silly little games(kinda like in boot camp). Life is just to short. Im done. take care area 43

Last edited:

area43

Curious, has anyone sent Jon an email and received a response. Early in my thread, I made a statement that the government and big corporations were working on creating software that could track an email to its orgin like a 911 traced call. I can't confirm whether it is still in the works or that they have achieved it. The government would use it in tracking potential terrorist. Corporations would use it as an attempt to make Big Brother more Bigger. This could definetly detour Jon from posting. Again, who knows. sincerely area 43

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Early in my thread, I made a statement that the government and big corporations were working on creating software that could track an email to its orgin like a 911 traced call. I can't confirm whether it is still in the works or that they have achieved it.

This is a blast from the past lol. This was in the news a couple of years ago. A few major cities have a similar system, I think. I believe the Federal government has ordered cell carriers to do something with emergency/911 service as far as more precise location of calls. Right now--or before--it was just an area based on what cell tower was closest. At some point--perhaps even next year--its supposed to be within a few meters. -Rocky

sawdusttv

Where is JON?
Since shortly after this thread started, I don't think I've seen any post from him. Am I mistaken? Has anyone else noticed this?

705red

Browncafe Steward
Where is JON?
Since shortly after this thread started, I don't think I've seen any post from him. Am I mistaken? Has anyone else noticed this?
Jon has posted on this topic but i havent seen any new posts in a week or so. I think benedict area had a hand in his disapperance. Maybe big brown has him hog-tied and kidnapped somewhere now because of the conversation that area had with his center manager and ups accountant. I sure hope jon is alive and well!

area43

Area i dont have a problem with the thread, i have a problem with you sitting with management and jon's real name and posts, asking for their opinion. Thats were the benedict arnold comment came in at. Believe it or not i do fight with management and we also get along, sometimes you need to show them their wrong and sometimes they show me im wrong(a couple of times).
Area i dont represent the poop birds, i try and take the person outr of it and represent the language in the contract, and thats what i fight over. Now as a steward you should never make a seen in front of the other workers, fighting with management or another union employee thats a lose lose for both sides.

That was pretty low about the marine dieing because a preloader didnt come to work. You know its not even close in those regards, preloaders call in or dont call in all the time.

Ok, Red here we go again. It appears that you do get along with the sups at times. Would that be smoozing with the enemy. Red, why get along with the sups at all. Red, it appears you are guilty of the same thing you accuse me of. What do you do? Tell them nice things. I know you wont admit it. Do you remember who was enemy during the Revolutionary War. It was the RED coates. Red you getting along with management contradicts yourself as I have read in the history of your posts. Red I also see that when you run out of logic you result in using insults and name calling. I feel that your do a big disservice to the BC members in doing this. I did call you a Red coat, so I take that back. Cheryl no need to get on Red about this. I have only been a active member for a short time and the kindergarden antics get old. Some of these threads and I have been guilty at times have turned into a childess name calling game.

Red, you also said that on the issue of bringing out a poop bird, you would do it in private,but in the same breath you just start a thread on calling out a driver that has quit. Should you have pulled him over to the side before you posted a meany thread on the World Wide Web about him. I believe this individual you talked about is in your center. He and the rest of your center are probably aware that you post on the BC site as you have previously told us. Hmmm, makes me wonder, again.

Ok, about Jon not posting. Red, have you ever heard the saying, If you cant take the heat get out of the kitchen. Jon, perphaps just cant take the heat. It is not uncommon after a poster has been called out on a unethical act or bad behavior that he takes along break from posting or quits posting all together. Red, I believe you and others take a double standard approach when it comes to this. I might be wrong, so I ll give you some examples of posters that have stopped posting. Please correct me if Im wrong.

Dave so cal, he is the most obvious. One thread he was involved in had 300 posts. I didnt post once on it, how I missed it Ill never know. Tie, called out Dave on his possible unethical act of cashing in on the lunch money(Ca lawsuit). Dave to my knowledge has either quit posting or post very, very little.

UK guy, another example, had some questionable behavior. He was confronted. Went basically crazy and has stopped posting.

Trucker, sad to see him go. He was nice enough to start a thread about him leaving. Again, the possible reason why he left is still a mystery. Some think there was a possible confrontation in an early thread that caused him to leave. Who knows? We can onlly assume and speculate.

Folks, these are just some examples of posters that have left. Either they couldn't stand the heat or for some other reason they have chosen not to post.

My question to Red and all the other members. Have you ever aggresively been confrontational with another poster and the direct result was that person quit or post very very little or just plain tries to avoid you all together. Lets be honest folks. We now have a thread on gay rights and the word Judgemental has come up. Is that what the people that are against me guilty of,"Being Judgemental". Hypocrites to you all. I ve seen alot of these threads and some of you are just out right brutal. So go ahead and cast your stones. Im no sissy. LOL Bring it on.

1eyejack

Breaking news? Are you telling us that you now just became aware of the pension crisis?
yes its breaking news its a new report out telling how much underfunded the pension is plus it tells us to get the hell out of the central states if we can thats is news ....

my2cents

Could you pick up a box of tin foil for me upsdude? Illegal space aliens stole my tin foil hat last night while I was up studying for my honorary degree from the Mike Nifong school of logic.

area43

Could you pick up a box of tin foil for me upsdude? Illegal space aliens stole my tin foil hat last night while I was up studying for my honorary degree from the Mike Nifong school of logic.

Dude!, 50 cent. Ooops I mean 2 cent(light hearted way). That dude that has the avatar with the tin foil hat and the cat kills me every time I look at it. ROFL LMAO. Hey he has to be careful. Remember Micheal Vick. Dont want to be thrown in the slammer with a big guy named Butch. Anyhow, I wear my foil hat when I deliver. Im on a rural run so I wait till I get out of town intill I put it on. Folks, you wont believe it! I get an extra 2 stops per hour out of that thing. Those drivers that have radios in there truck it probably helps the reception. Remember, dont hook those radios to the truck battery. wink wink, lmao ( ; sorry pip Im just kidding.

Hey Red, maybe you could get one. Maybe it will cure your mental disorder. Ive painted mine brown. Anyhow, when I wear my foil hat on my rural route the farmers have taken a liken to it. I told them it makes crops grow faster. Boy, their totally greatful. The farmers wave emphatically with their foil hat securely fastened to their head. Hey, dont want to lose that thing and have major crop failure. lmao This could catch on and go nationwide. Ill stop, I guess Im getting a little carried away. Dude, how do you turn these foil hats down. Also when sleeping and showering how do you keep it from getting smashed? sincerely a43

705red

Browncafe Steward
Ok, Red here we go again. It appears that you do get along with the sups at times. Would that be smoozing with the enemy. Red, why get along with the sups at all. Red, it appears you are guilty of the same thing you accuse me of. What do you do? Tell them nice things. I know you wont admit it. Do you remember who was enemy during the Revolutionary War. It was the RED coates. Red you getting along with management contradicts yourself as I have read in the history of your posts. Red I also see that when you run out of logic you result in using insults and name calling. I feel that your do a big disservice to the BC members in doing this. I did call you a Red coat, so I take that back. Cheryl no need to get on Red about this. I have only been a active member for a short time and the kindergarden antics get old. Some of these threads and I have been guilty at times have turned into a childess name calling game.

How did i contradict myself? As a steward no i dont get along with management! As an employee it is my job to get along with management and provide a service to the customers! Red coats noit even funny area, at least benedict arnold was a funny description of the traitor like behavior you showed!

Red, you also said that on the issue of bringing out a poop bird, you would do it in private,but in the same breath you just start a thread on calling out a driver that has quit. Should you have pulled him over to the side before you posted a meany thread on the World Wide Web about him. I believe this individual you talked about is in your center. He and the rest of your center are probably aware that you post on the BC site as you have previously told us. Hmmm, makes me wonder, again.

Area he was not in my center! It was a post talking about the youth we now hire and about not having enough respect to at least notify someone, instead of just leaving the trk sitting there with a note i quit. Also if you would have noticed i stated he was a probationary driver and had not earned his 40 days so he was not a union member yet, even if he was when i see him i will have a nice talk with him about his decision that day!

Ok, about Jon not posting. Red, have you ever heard the saying, If you cant take the heat get out of the kitchen. Jon, perphaps just cant take the heat. It is not uncommon after a poster has been called out on a unethical act or bad behavior that he takes along break from posting or quits posting all together. Red, I believe you and others take a double standard approach when it comes to this. I might be wrong, so I ll give you some examples of posters that have stopped posting. Please correct me if Im wrong.

Dont you remember asking me to look into his real name and checking if he was an employee? You or no one else has proven that what jon was posting was unethical or was obtained illegally. If im correct jon always posted links to the sites he found the info for others to view.

Dave so cal, he is the most obvious. One thread he was involved in had 300 posts. I didnt post once on it, how I missed it Ill never know. Tie, called out Dave on his possible unethical act of cashing in on the lunch money(Ca lawsuit). Dave to my knowledge has either quit posting or post very, very little.

UK guy, another example, had some questionable behavior. He was confronted. Went basically crazy and has stopped posting.

Trucker, sad to see him go. He was nice enough to start a thread about him leaving. Again, the possible reason why he left is still a mystery. Some think there was a possible confrontation in an early thread that caused him to leave. Who knows? We can onlly assume and speculate.

Folks, these are just some examples of posters that have left. Either they couldn't stand the heat or for some other reason they have chosen not to post.

My question to Red and all the other members. Have you ever aggresively been confrontational with another poster and the direct result was that person quit or post very very little or just plain tries to avoid you all together. Lets be honest folks. We now have a thread on gay rights and the word Judgemental has come up. Is that what the people that are against me guilty of,"Being Judgemental". Hypocrites to you all. I ve seen alot of these threads and some of you are just out right brutal. So go ahead and cast your stones. Im no sissy. LOL Bring it on.

The answer is no! If you can prove that what jon did was wrong i might apoligize to you! But at the same time you violated all of us on here by printring out material that was posted for us the bc memebers, not your little center manager and ups acct. You disgraced all of us (brown cafe members) by taking this info out of here and having it reviewed by non bc members!

J

JonFrum

DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!!! Especially if they are mentally ill and talk of Poop Birds!

The #1 rule of Internet posting is: DONT FEED THE TROLLS!!!

As soon as I realized Area43 was suffering from a mental illness, I stopped posting. I hoped the thread would die out. If it didn't, I knew Area43 would post further and reveal more evidence of his mental illness. This is what he has done. But unfortunately, here we are almost a month later and this thread just won't die.

What a shame Cheryl didn't put a stop to it immediately. It was a hate filled attack, totally unprovoked, and included completely invented accusations intended to get me fired, and jailed on misdemeanor charges and felony wiretapping.

This is the problem with bulletin boards that allow anonymous posting. We are all at the mercy of Cheryl and the moderators, and if they won't do their job, then we are royally screwed. Our attackers are protected behind the Browncafe curtain of annonymity. The overall climate of discussion suffers. This is why the Internet is such a cesspool, and useful information is so hard to find, because it is surrounded by so much nonsense.
- - - - -
THE REASONS I DON'T REGISTER:

There is no requirement to.
There is no real benefit. I register on other sites because they sent me email updates, or give me free access to Form 5500s and Form 990s, for example, without subjecting me to personal attacks.
My original post was retroactively moved to a newly created sub-forum that had a lot less viewers that the main forum.
The title of my original post, which turned out to be a very long-running thread, was altered so it seemed to say the opposite of what I very deliberately tried to convey. This really rubbed me the wrong way, and seemed to confuse a number of posters in that thread as well.
I don't engage in back-and-forth chit-chat (not that there is anything wrong with that) so I don't mind a slight delay for my posts to be approved by a moderator. I kind of like the idea that a moderator is forced to actually read my posts. He/she may learn something.
I often post late at night, when few are online, so the short delay waiting for a moderator to approve my posting is not a problem.
I do not want to be hit with unsolicited Personal Messages from annoymous people. Many people will say even worse things in Personal Messages than they will in a public posting. I believe the public nature of posting (even though annoymous) weeds out at least some of the Crazies, and causes others to think twice before posting. (This works even better if moderators do their job.)
I may not have the time to respond to Personal Messages.
I may not remember what was said in a Personal Message, versus what was said in a public posting.
I don't want *some* of the people on Browncafe giving me annomyous evaluations via the Personal Reputation feature. When I looked at who had the highest respect of the Browncafe community, (or at least of the activists) it was Tieguy followed closely in fourth place by Area43; and the latter has only been a member since February 2, 2006! Not exactly my idea of a jury of my peers.

(I hope you all appreciate the risks I took to uncover this classified information. I had to bribe the guards, drug the administrator, pick the lock, lower myself by a rope and grappling hook, pistol-whip the data-entry clerk, hack into the system, and not leave any fingerprints, all the while, trying not to set-off the motion detectors, or trip the burglar alarm. All that "black ops" training at "the Farm" really came in handy.)
- - - - -
Like some of you, I'm still waiting for someone, anyone, to quote what information of mine I obtained illegally or unethically. Wherever possible I post a clickable link to the original source so I think Area43 and RockyRogue are having trouble finding evidence to back up the charges they already have convicted me of. Of course, some things just aren't on the Net, or they once were, but aren't any longer, so not everything can have a hyperlink. I want everyone to click on the links I post to get more information, and to get the info direct from the original source. In fact, one of the features I like about this site is that management may read everything that is posted, just as do union and non-union employees, and other visitors as well.

If any one has any question about anything I have posted, please quote the posting of mine that has your panties in a bunch and I will tell you exactly how and where I got it and why it is true.
- - - -
This whole appaling thread raises so many issues that should be addressed, but I just don't have the time.

I have posted all my personal information repeatedly in three seperate threads, begining with my first thread in 2006. . . .
http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/ups-subsidizing-non-ups-pensions.27725/
Tieguy, Engineer79, and others have had plenty of time to investigate me if they really wanted to. I have nothing to hide.
If anyone still has a problem with me not registering, BITE ME!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
jonfrum,
If you have been upset with this thread, than as a "moderator not doing their job", than I am sorry. This is the first time it has been called to our attention by yourself. All you had to do was contact us, there is no way volunteers running this site read everything posted. We depend on the Users to contact us if something is wrong. I thought that all of the posters on this thread were complimenting your efforts. One posted some nonsensical remarks, but later apologized. I know that personally, I have validated quite a few of your posts. I will often log on about 5AM, and have enjoyed a few of them. I thought this whole thread was nonsense, because I know you are one of the few people who have posted their real name, work location, and private e-mail address. I hope that you will continue to contribute to the Brown Cafe Community. Your thoughts are appreciated here.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Re: DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!!! Especially if they are mentally ill and talk of Poop Bir

Jon nice to hear from you, hope all is well! Keep up with the posting! Dont get discouraged over a few bad apples. When you deal with people you have to understand that you cant please everyone, and that theres alot of different points of view and they all could be right to the poster. I would appreciate if you kept posting so we could come to our own conclusions.

tieguy

Banned
Re: DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!!! Especially if they are mentally ill and talk of Poop Bir

The #1 rule of Internet posting is: DONT FEED THE TROLLS!!!

As soon as I realized Area43 was suffering from a mental illness, I stopped posting. I hoped the thread would die out. If it didn't, I knew Area43 would post further and reveal more evidence of his mental illness. This is what he has done. But unfortunately, here we are almost a month later and this thread just won't die.

What a shame Cheryl didn't put a stop to it immediately. It was a hate filled attack, totally unprovoked, and included completely invented accusations intended to get me fired, and jailed on misdemeanor charges and felony wiretapping.

I think you can call it a lot of things but I really don't see where the hate comes in and to be honest I'm surprised you used that terminology since you are usually pretty level headed with your responses.

The other point of your post I would like to address is again while I am a management poster here I am not a management person here. I have no interest in investigating anyone here. I do report posts to cheryl that I believe may have inside information that may harm her in some way. I have not reported any of yours.

One of the benifits of membership that you did not mention is the ability to review your previous posts. So as this thread evolved I wanted to be able to go back and review your posts since I really have not read that many of them. Short of hunting and pecking through various threads I really can't review your posts and take a position one way or the other. I commented on the mystery of your posting here anon style but can't really do the debate justice.

Your explanation still does not make sense. If you don't want to respond to pm's then turn the feature off or don't respond. If you don't care about the rating system then don't care about the rating sytem. Just don't look at it. Your explanation does not make sense. If you're going to post here as much as I think you have posted then take the final step and join. Your refusal to do so comes across as arrogance as if you're too good to join our little community. I'm afraid your response came across the same way.

trickpony1

I don't think Jon thinks he's too good to register.
There is a degree of comfort in not registering as others have mentioned there are ways of tracking everyone.
Scan the number of members online and compare to the number of "guests" (unregistered users).

I do like his attitude as evidenced by his comment about anyone having a problem with him not registering can.......

You go Jon!:thumbup1: