Juneteenth 2022

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Screenshot_20220620-074931_Chrome.jpg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
It celebrates the slaves being freed after the civil war. I know I know, everybody on this site is going to think it is a bunch of woke crap. I do think the holiday seems a little forced. But ending slavery is certainly worth a holiday.
Not quite true.
The Emancipation Proclamation by its own language appeared not to apply to Indian Territory, as it was specifically limited to “all persons held as slaves within any State or designated part of a State, the people whereof shall then be in rebellion against the United States.”
Since Indian Territory was not a “state,” the Proclamation had no impact in Indian Territory.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
It celebrates the slaves being freed after the civil war. I know I know, everybody on this site is going to think it is a bunch of woke crap. I do think the holiday seems a little forced. But ending slavery is certainly worth a holiday.

I just hate the name. Call it Abolition/Emancipation Day, or something that makes sense. Juneteenth is a terrible name, and it's even worse when it's celebrated on June 20th.

Last edited:

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
View attachment 389067

Even the Teamsters are woke little pu.....

They need to separate themselves from the radicalized, commie symbol of the fist in the air. They might as well use the hammer and sickle. For that matter, the commies at Google and Wikipedia need to stop associating the fist in the air with the constitution. We were not founded by radical commies. We need to nip that revisionist history crap in the bud.