Kings of Late Air

tourists24

Late air at my center has become a daily normal thing now (with Monday usually the exception). I rarely even report them anymore. Just let my sup know it's coming at the PCM and then I'm on my way. The worst part is that I still have to run straight air til I hit commit time then head to start the route at 10:30. But eh, is what it has become.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Why is it mondays - no late air but Tuesday to Friday late air every day. We start work too late and just not enough time to deliver air on time. I'm beginning to believe if you want your air on time fed ex is the only way to go.
Seriously. You don't know why Monday isn't a problem ?

Start last week?

ManInBrown

Late air at my center has become a daily normal thing now (with Monday usually the exception). I rarely even report them anymore. Just let my sup know it's coming at the PCM and then I'm on my way. The worst part is that I still have to run straight air til I hit commit time then head to start the route at 10:30. But eh, is what it has become.
Here we have to run straight air till all are delivered. Even after 10:30 we can't mix ground.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
After 10:30, they are late. Once they are late, doesn't matter how late. I go straight to my first stop once my airs are past commit.
I respectfully disagree with this. Just because it's late doesn't mean the customer isn't waiting on it. They paid alot to get it there early. But I'm old and still care a little bit.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I respectfully disagree with this. Just because it's late doesn't mean the customer isn't waiting on it. They paid alot to get it there early. But I'm old and still care a little bit.
I honestly stopped caring in July. I'm middle of the pack, career wise. I'm not fixing the company's lack of care anymore.

PASinterference

I honestly stopped caring in July. I'm middle of the pack, career wise. I'm not fixing the company's lack of care anymore.
I can understand that. Hard to care when there's forced stupidity all day long. Easier to just turn your brain off and follow mighty Orion. I do that when I have a hangover.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I can understand that. Hard to care when there's forced stupidity all day long. Easier to just turn your brain off and follow mighty Orion. I do that when I have a hangover.
Between the idiot dispatcher, the terrible loader, and all the irreggs down the middle, I gave up. Used to really take pride, but only gonna hurt myself if I do that.

tourists24

I wish I still cared like you, but 20 years ago start time was 8:50. Now it's 9:40 for a lot of our drivers. If they knowingly set us up for failure then they can answer for the customer complaints

PASinterference

I wish I still cared like you, but 20 years ago start time was 8:50. Now it's 9:40 for a lot of our drivers. If they knowingly set us up for failure then they can answer for the customer complaints
9:40 is absolutely ridiculous. Nothing but a setup for failure. I guess if they want it early, there's always FedEx or the P.O. I give up.