Kings of Late Air

ManInBrown

They also made an announcement at the PCM last week that late air refunds were now automatic. No need for the customer to file a claim. That's the reasoning for no mixed ground until all are done according to management. If it's not sheeted weather it's an automatic refund with the customer not needing to file a claim.

rod

Retired 22 years
They also made an announcement at the PCM last week that late air refunds were now automatic. No need for the customer to file a claim. That's the reasoning for no mixed ground until all are done according to management. If it's not sheeted weather it's an automatic refund with the customer not needing to file a claim.

From what I read on here it sounds like UPS should just advertise NDA as free.

Wasn't complaining about irreggs. Just saying that at 10:30, it's time to start getting them off the car, so I can sort and deliver the shelves. I certainly can't leave them in my way all day. And if I have a 1 LB package that was due at 10:30 and five or six monsters clogging my aisle and rear door, I'm going to do the air in trace at that point, it's already late.

As a customer, I'd rather get my air just after 10:30 rather 16:00. Bring me my air at 11:00, I'm good. Bring it at 16:00 I'm calling for a refund, and using FDX next time. 11:00 tells me you tried, 16:00 tells me you don't give a sheet.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I could care less about your boss. I talking from a customer standpoint.
So I'm supposed to assume a customer won't want a refund on a service guaranteed by 10:30 if I bring it at 11:00. But they will want one at 16:00? Both are LATE. By how much doesn't matter.

So I'm supposed to assume a customer won't want a refund on a service guaranteed by 10:30 if I bring it at 11:00. But they will want one at 16:00? Both are LATE. By how much doesn't matter.

It matters to the customer. Late air doesn't mean an automatic refund. If you project a "I don't care about you" attitude to the customer. They might walk somewhere else. 11:00 = I care about the customer. 16:00 = I DON'T care about the customer.

tourists24

It matters to the customer. Late air doesn't mean an automatic refund. If you project a "I don't care about you" attitude to the customer. They might walk somewhere else. 11:00 = I care about the customer. 16:00 = I DON'T care about the customer.
Then you obviously care more. We all have to decide how to handle it. I start my route as soon as commit time is over. If management isn't happy with my choice they can instruct me to do it another way. As of late no one has said a word. I do care about my customers, but when we are set up for failure we each have to decide the best way to proceed.

rod

Retired 22 years
Isn't a refund on late air just the difference between NDA and NDA Saver? Not the full price of NDA shipping

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

How long have you been doing this job?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Makes no sense

If it's late it's late not my problem

If the boss doesn't want late air there is an easy solution

tourists24

I was like that for a long time until I was in the office one morning with ba wanting to know why I was running up my miles

After that I quit giving a :censored2:
Another very good reason NOT to continue running air after commit time. You don't get to make me run after one metric one week, then ask me to ignore it to make another metric the next.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
this has been automatic for quite some time