Labor Shortage

I agree. But there’s a lot of apathy amongst rank and file. Make sure you vote on the contract and go to meetings at the hall. It won’t change if you don’t get involved. I’ve seen how the union has caved over the last 20 years, it isn’t all about wages either, how about working conditions? If the company does concede a little they often times don’t follow through and the union doesn’t enforce it.
Actually the working conditions have gotten much worse over the years both for FT and PT. Package weight going from 50lb to 70 lb to 150lb and oversize and irregs and packed package cars the norm. No load quality for package cars or trailers. Just throw it in and get it out the door. Damages and rewraps just get sent out and let someone else deal with it. 22.4 delivery drivers working 12 hour days 6 days a week and who cares if they quit we will just hire another delivery driver from Amazon.

Off the leash

Actually the working conditions have gotten much worse over the years both for FT and PT. Package weight going from 50lb to 70 lb to 150lb and oversize and irregs and packed package cars the norm. No load quality for package cars or trailers. Just throw it in and get it out the door. Damages and rewraps just get sent out and let someone else deal with it. 22.4 delivery drivers working 12 hour days 6 days a week and who cares if they quit we will just hire another delivery driver from Amazon.t

Off the leash

I was there when we first went to 150 lbs. we walked out. The union did nothing. Then they said you had have union help moving it. Never enforced it

nWo

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1625697210988.jpg
    FB_IMG_1625697210988.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 60