Latest UPS Rising text/update

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
This is where I’ll agree with you. Part time is part of the time. Contract still sucks balls.
Of course I realize this and also realize the regression in pay for part timers since the 80’s. I’d prefer progress.
Good job agreeing about something to spampost toni.

This talk about PT work is all very nebulous but do try not to tear holes in the safety net because "somebody" should not earn such and such.
The gig economy was not created because workers love to move between multiple PT jobs with zero benefits. just an fyi.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Good job agreeing about something to spampost toni.

This talk about PT work is all very nebulous but do try not to tear holes in the safety net because "somebody" should not earn such and such.
The gig economy was not created because workers love to move between multiple PT jobs with zero benefits. just an fyi.
That’s why I think part time should just be a gateway to full time.

Tony Q

Put it back in your pants, I am not interested.

Here's a hint, stop lying and being 2-faced and I'll stop calling you out on it!:speechless2:
I actually like your infatuation to me. I hope you keep quoting my every post. It kinda makes me feel special.

Tony Q

Wait I thought you wanted to strike ;)
I do not want a strike for the record, but when I see how this membership thinks they are getting screwed I have resolved myself to the notion that we might indeed NEED a strike. I do know that UPS gave there Last Best and Final Offer. They will not go up on the money. For those who say that it is not about the money, if we go back to the table to get different language you will lose money. Then you will say it is about the money. It's a no win.

I do not want a strike for the record, but when I see how this membership thinks they are getting screwed I have resolved myself to the notion that we might indeed NEED a strike. I do know that UPS gave there Last Best and Final Offer. They will not go up on the money. For those who say that it is not about the money, if we go back to the table to get different language you will lose money. Then you will say it is about the money. It's a no win.
If they gave the article 22.4 drivers arriart 37 protection, the contract would probably pass.
Jmho

Tony Q

If they gave the article 22.4 drivers arriart 37 protection, the contract would probably pass.
Jmho
I wil take that into consideration. What if they came back with that but the raise was 3.85 over 5 years and a catch up raise for the part timers who have over 5 years but less than 20 years got a 1.00 catch up.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So you actually believe this is the last best and final offer? Lmfao

Now I know how we ended up with this crap.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Go back to the table. I’ll take the 3.90 like last contract paid in total and retro on 8-1-18, in exchange of paying 22.4 to rate ground and auto pay the 9.5 violations. Do those things and you’ll have a 90% yes vote.

Time for change

I wil take that into consideration. What if they came back with that but the raise was 3.85 over 5 years and a catch up raise for the part timers who have over 5 years but less than 20 years got a 1.00 catch up.
I know for certain lawyers have been talked to about the part timer skilled language and the $1. Would probably be in everyone’s best interest to either take away the $1 or give everyone the $1. Having two people with same seniority date, doing the same exact job, with different pay is potentially a huge issue that would be best fixed in the contract.

Tony Q

So you actually believe this is the last best and final offer? Lmfao

Now I know how we ended up with this crap.
I think anything is possible, but when you are talking about RCPS's costing $73 an hour and 22.4 costing $67 at the end of the contract you would understand why. Maybe UPS goes in and reworks the figures with us or maybe they say :censored2: and strike us in September. We break your union and tons cross the line and then what do you have. Not everybody is good with their money. I don't think you understand this potential game of chicken.