Leaving union

542thruNthru

Difference is I do my job well and never call in. Good luck firing me. I have confidence the company will treat me even better. They can’t get or keep people to work here, I highly doubt they will terminate me for no reason when they have nobody. They want other people to leave the union, they won’t be firing people that leave for no reason or dumb reasons. I don’t have enough time left on Earth to wait it out any longer, this corrupt IBT has shown me enough. Get a good contract or I’m out, and I’ll have more people joining me than you could imagine. Why would the college kid that has no intention of staying long term want to be in the union? I hope it doesn’t come to this, but not looking good.

You have confidence that the racist white men of the company will treat you better?

Good to know.

Time for change

Why is it that some regions have such trouble? Still comes down to how much money the union has. If the union squanders the money and is in terrible shape, good luck with that pension.

Time for change

How about you guys just vote yes since you look the other way on IBT corruption. I’ll make the union earn my vote and dues. Happily pay dues when this contract is negotiated for existing part timers as much as the part timer that has yet to work a day.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Why is it that some regions have such trouble? Still comes down to how much money the union has. If the union squanders the money and is in terrible shape, good luck with that pension.
Some pension plans are in trouble because the company that used to pay into them are out of business, the retirees are known as orphans. They are drawing pension money while the company they worked for no longer contribute. Don't believe everything you read on social media.

542thruNthru

How about you guys just vote yes since you look the other way on IBT corruption. I’ll make the union earn my vote and dues. Happily pay dues when this contract is negotiated for existing part timers as much as the part timer that has yet to work a day.

Everyone here that has posted on this thread has said that they will vote no. So please stop playing the victim because we think you trying to get people to leave the union is a dumb idea.

Time for change

Exactly my point lol. It’s dumb for you for all of us to leave. I’m not a victim, I’m doing something rather than sitting on my hands and pretending the Current IBT is to be trusted or funded.

Exactly my point lol. It’s dumb for you for all of us to leave. I’m not a victim, I’m doing something rather than sitting on my hands and pretending the Current IBT is to be trusted or funded.
You aren't going to change anyones mind on here. This is just a place to vent. If you are serious about it, done be a keyboard warrior. Go to work early and stay late afterwards to get your message out.