Leaving union

UnconTROLLed

perfection
We had a 30 year clerk bitching she was only making $30 an hour to do address corrections. WTF?
617e3e26e1527cccbfaa8d7525cd1520-complaining-quotes-funny-complainers-quotes-232x300.jpg[img] :D

And yet she seems to think that these part timers that are too lazy to even tick a box and vote in their best interests are gonna mobilize into this huge grassroots movement lol.
Seriously many of them don't care. It's not going to be their career.

Many moons ago everyone wanted to be here hoping for a chance to go driving, not so much anymore.

Time for change

I’ve been here 14 years, maybe not enough to be worthy of the good ol boys club here. My point is those with 30 part time are making what drivers make and no matter how long I’ll be here I’ll always be 15 dollars an hour from full scale. All any of us current part timers are asking for is the same raise that those that have been here a month are about to get. I get that and no other concession and I’ll stay in the union and be a strong proponent of others doing the same.

Time for change

If social media is any indication I think there is a groundswell of support for existing part time wage increase and many old white dudes are overlooking the power of social media.

Time for change

I am sincerely hoping that is the case that part timers vote no and sway the overall vote. I’m optimistic but still preparing for the worst case scenario.

Time for change

Ok a few old white dudes like Bernie and Trump understand social media’s power. It’s definitely a wildcard that the company and IBT are overlooking. There are way more voices being heard than there was in contract years 20 years ago. Laugh all you want

Blackstream

If social media is any indication I think there is a groundswell of support for existing part time wage increase and many old white dudes are overlooking the power of social media.
Maybe 5-10 years ago, but everyone knows how impactful social media is these days, that's why there's so many fake grassroot's movements and astroturfing everywhere. You think it's a coincidence that both the union and the company have their own apps now? We're just lucky they haven't gotten to the point where they start planting moderators and :censored2: in boards like this to stifle dissent and fake consensus.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
Look on social media, UPS falling. I’m not the only one. And with a little effort and education, I could have a massive impact. I’d rather just get a good contract and pay dues but I won’t stand for the current contract as is.
All the profits and Ups is falling? Go on tell us more

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
Difference is I do my job well and never call in. Good luck firing me. I have confidence the company will treat me even better. They can’t get or keep people to work here, I highly doubt they will terminate me for no reason when they have nobody. They want other people to leave the union, they won’t be firing people that leave for no reason or dumb reasons. I don’t have enough time left on Earth to wait it out any longer, this corrupt IBT has shown me enough. Get a good contract or I’m out, and I’ll have more people joining me than you could imagine. Why would the college kid that has no intention of staying long term want to be in the union? I hope it doesn’t come to this, but not looking good.
Why would college kids that have no intention of staying care about the contract to begin with? Da :censored2:

Time for change

Drivers are way more disposable, lots want to work for 36 an hour and most places can’t staff part time workers. You all need the union way more than I do, it’s because you’re more disposable.