Leaving union

Time for change

Trust me if this contract passes as is, my energy and efforts will be very focused. It’s not very difficult in this day and age to have a grassroots movement.

542thruNthru

I agree that PT workers need to be paid more. What I don't understand is why anyone would think being a career PT worker would be profitable. In any job your biggest pay raises are always when you move up in the company to a higher position. So What did you expect to happen?

Time for change

Idk man I know 30 year part timers making driver wages and the gap has widened. We have regressed, the starting wage didn’t increase for what 20 years? Now they want to strictly give new hires a big bump? Yea I’m pissed about it and willing to do something, call it what you want.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Even though I got blasted for saying I’m leaving the union if this contract passes as is, looks like hundreds if not thousands of part timers are set to do same thing. Next time you vote with the mind set, I got mine, you can thank yourself for the dwindling union and income from dues. Better save up because your union pension might be worthless by the time you need it.
giphy (7).gif

542thruNthru

Idk man I know 30 year part timers making driver wages and the gap has widened. We have regressed, the starting wage didn’t increase for what 20 years? Now they want to strictly give new hires a big bump? Yea I’m :censored2: about it and willing to do something, call it what you want.

How much of a bump should you get?