Leaving union

Time for change

Well it’s kinda like you full timers, get mine and piss on the rest. I’ll be done by the time it’s totally non union shop. I’m not anti union, I’m anti this union and it’s total disdain for current part timers.

Blackstream

UPS is not dumb enough to fire non union people unjustly. If they want more to leave, they will not do that.

If UPS management was a big hive mind, you'd be right. But they're made up of people who care about their own interests first, and when a hub is failing and corporate is coming down on the center for not hitting their numbers and local management is scrambling to figure out how to fix the problem, and there's a non-union hourly dragging them down, they're not gonna care about the long term game plan that benefits ups as a whole, they want to fix the short term asap so they stop getting yelled at. That's when that person is at risk of getting fired.

I've seen so much dumb stuff done because they're trying to just make their numbers. As a sorter, they've told us to just missort it to whatever belt I can if the belt it goes to is off just to get the volume off the belt, which results in tons of missed volume and multiple rehandle trucks. But it still apparently counts as getting volume done, so it makes them look better to their corporate overlords, so they kept doing it day after day. It's not good for the company, the customers, or the employees, but they do it anyways because it gets them yelled at less.

John Boy

It's all checks and balances. If the Union is gone, UPS goes out of business. They won't pay shi*, bennies would suck, harrassment, etc etc. No one will want to work at this place. If it weren't for the time invested, benefits, and pay rate I would be gone tomorrow and so would a lot of other people. Use your voice to make a change. Leaving the union is only going to hurt you in the long run. Like I said in another thread, if you leave, I hope they tax your A** to get back in it.

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
Well it’s kinda like you full timers, get mine and piss on the rest. I’ll be done by the time it’s totally non union shop. I’m not anti union, I’m anti this union and it’s total disdain for current part timers.
What part of this conversation don't you understand. The full timers are trying to vote no to support the part timers. Part timers outnumber full timers and vote yes. You are mad at the wrong people. In '97, I, a full time driver, went on strike for you, (obviously) ungrateful part timers. To create more opportunities for part timers.

As was mentioned, take your 15 followers, your $30 of saved dues, and start your Teamsters 2.0.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
So we can’t fight for better wages only full timers can cry about tiers and what not? Ok dbags Jimmy Hoffa will hold your hand
Pretty sure if you would read the tentative agreement thread you would see that the majority people that will vote no is because part times get screwed again. So yea voting no is fighting for better wages not just quitting and leaving like yourself. But go on witcha bad self gurlfren

542thruNthru

So we can’t fight for better wages only full timers can cry about tiers and what not? Ok dbags Jimmy Hoffa will hold your hand

You don't listen at all you are blinded by hate. We've all told you that we're voting no because we feel part-timers deserve more money. You don't want to hear it you just want to cry that the union is so mean to you

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
Yes, most certainly fight for better wages! The tiers is a fight for YOU part timers! Part timers that want to move to full time will get screwed with the new tier. You need to take a minute and read up on what you're arguing about.

FYI, I never voted for Hoffa, never would. You need to drop all your assumptions.

John Boy

You should stop being a keyboard warrior, get to work early and hand out some fliers to the people at your center about leaving the union. See exactly where that gets you.

Time for change

I won’t do any of that until this contract is officially passed. I’m more worried about the target on my back from the thugs at the union than I am a target from the company.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
C9CF4E46-AEA3-4FC7-8B2E-F8499972E2F6.gif

Time for change

I don’t think you’ll are hearing what thousands of part timers are upset about and why. Roll your eyes all you want, there are many who feel the exact same way. I’ve been reaching out to part timers across the country and we simply want a little more of the pie or many of us are going to stop paying the Teamsters until they represent us. I’d love to just have a decent contract and pay my dues.