Leaving union

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
Dues may not fund full time pensions but if you think dues and the overall health of the union won’t impact that pension, I think you are very mistaken.
If that's all you got from my post, you've already made your mind up, so be it. You're going about this all wrong, but that's your choice. You say we're underestimating your peers, I'm thinking you're overestimating them. I spent 31+ years hoping part timers would respond and rise up, only to be disappointed every time. Not by a little either. Massive indifference in their ranks.

Hroller

If this contract passes...I too will leave the union.
friend-em. If they don't get it.....friend-em.
I will be alright....with a few extra bucks in my pocket.

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
If this contract passes...I too will leave the union.
friend-em. If they don't get it.....friend-em.
I will be alright....with a few extra bucks in my pocket.
Problem is, you don't get it either. You'll be the first one surprised when the union guy that works next to you hears Hroller is being harassed, fired, etc. and says friend-him.

Time for change

How would they get more people to leave the union if they are firing non union people left and right? Makes absolutely zero sense. If anything they will reward non union people

Time for change

They have to have people working to make a profit and run their business. They can’t get part timers right now, you people are nuts to think they will make an example of non union people. You fell for those scare tactics, I’m not scared.

upsohio

Their goal isn't always to fire people. It's to control people, to subdue people, to get people to get back to work, shut up, and take what they're given.

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
How would they get more people to leave the union if they are firing non union people left and right? Makes absolutely zero sense. If anything they will reward non union people
We're talking your world of no union. Once it's gone completely. Your goal, hello.

Once gone completely UPS has no one to answer to. Can fire anyone, anytime. Can pay you minimum wage, no bennies, no vacation. You aren't seeing the finish line at all. Good luck with that!

542thruNthru

Why is anyone even still arguing with this lady. She swears she's going to start a grass roots movement on social media but obviously can't even figure out how to use this forum properly. It's called a reply button.

Leave girl, take your 10 or 15 people with you. Maybe you won't get fired or treated bad but others will and they will come running back and the other that see it will also.

You want to work PT well you're going to get PT wages. It's obvious you can't find better or you wouldn't be here. Don't worry though the union will still hold your hand even after you leave.