Leaving union

Time for change

Even though I got blasted for saying I’m leaving the union if this contract passes as is, looks like hundreds if not thousands of part timers are set to do same thing. Next time you vote with the mind set, I got mine, you can thank yourself for the dwindling union and income from dues. Better save up because your union pension might be worthless by the time you need it.

542thruNthru

giphy-21.gif

Looking for these thousands of PT workers who are leaving the union.

Even though I got blasted for saying I’m leaving the union if this contract passes as is, looks like hundreds if not thousands of part timers are set to do same thing. Next time you vote with the mind set, I got mine, you can thank yourself for the dwindling union and income from dues. Better save up because your union pension might be worthless by the time you need it.
You in a right to work state?

Time for change

Look on social media, UPS falling. I’m not the only one. And with a little effort and education, I could have a massive impact. I’d rather just get a good contract and pay dues but I won’t stand for the current contract as is.

Time for change

I didn’t say can’t but with constant discrimination and working with a bunch of racist white dudes and the fact I do my job well, not worried about it at all. If anything I could see a show up to work type raise that the union set precedent for not caring about.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
It's weak and the cowards way out to just quit because you don't like what is going on with your union.

It takes more guts to stay and work with the system to make things better. i admire the BA's and stewards that work their butts off for the members without so much as a thank you for their efforts. I go out of my way to thank them and tried to help when i could.

Time for change

Difference is I do my job well and never call in. Good luck firing me. I have confidence the company will treat me even better. They can’t get or keep people to work here, I highly doubt they will terminate me for no reason when they have nobody. They want other people to leave the union, they won’t be firing people that leave for no reason or dumb reasons. I don’t have enough time left on Earth to wait it out any longer, this corrupt IBT has shown me enough. Get a good contract or I’m out, and I’ll have more people joining me than you could imagine. Why would the college kid that has no intention of staying long term want to be in the union? I hope it doesn’t come to this, but not looking good.

mikejonesjr

Difference is I do my job well and never call in. Good luck firing me. I have confidence the company will treat me even better. They can’t get or keep people to work here, I highly doubt they will terminate me for no reason when they have nobody. They want other people to leave the union, they won’t be firing people that leave for no reason or dumb reasons. I don’t have enough time left on Earth to wait it out any longer, this corrupt IBT has shown me enough. Get a good contract or I’m out, and I’ll have more people joining me than you could imagine. Why would the college kid that has no intention of staying long term want to be in the union? I hope it doesn’t come to this, but not looking good.
A more realistic thing to do, is vote no. And when the time comes vote in someone better to run the union than Hoffa. He was voted in.