Local 177 Easy OT... errr... Safety Committees... dissolved

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
This was posted today by a SS in my building. Anyone in MEANJ know what went down that the hall hit back with this?

20190205_203452.jpg

Star B

White Lightening
outsider looking in here.... is your 'safety committie' just a bunch of corpo feel good bull:censored2: where it goes like this...

drivers: yes, we have problems with this, this this and this.
mgmt: uh huh, we'll get someone on that
drivers: oh yeah
mgmt: mmhmm, we'll see about that

MC0493

Good, safety committee in my building is just a bunch of people who don't want to work so they do "Safety" for 2 hours and go home early. Curious as to what happened though.

outsider looking in here.... is your 'safety committie' just a bunch of corpo feel good bull:censored2: where it goes like this...

drivers: yes, we have problems with this, this this and this.
mgmt: uh huh, we'll get someone on that
drivers: oh yeah
mgmt: mmhmm, we'll see about that
They have to have so many safety hours to be OSHA compliant.

over9five

Staff member
Lol, our safety committee is on again, off again all the time. Never know if we have one or not!

Cmon, someone must know the story behind this.

johnoutdoors

31 year driver in the Teaneck center had a sup with him for a one day OJS last Friday. Sup told him that he had to work with the doors open. Sup wouldn’t close his door and any time the driver was out of the truck the sup would open the drivers side door to let any possible heat out. Our business agent also said something about the bulkhead door open too. Manager was called and backed the sup up with threats of termination to the driver if he failed to work as directed. RTB and the driver called 911. Taken via ambulance to the hospital for exposure related symptoms. All as per a 177 business agent.

over9five

Staff member
31 year driver in the Teaneck center had a sup with him for a one day OJS last Friday. Sup told him that he had to work with the doors open. Sup wouldn’t close his door and any time the driver was out of the truck the sup would open the drivers side door to let any possible heat out. Our business agent also said something about the bulkhead door open too. Manager was called and backed the sup up with threats of termination to the driver if he failed to work as directed. RTB and the driver called 911. Taken via ambulance to the hospital for exposure related symptoms. All as per a 177 business agent.
That's beautiful. Best way to leave is by ambulance, love it!

Rack em

Made the Podium
I hope there are many charges filed against those 2members of management!

Bob11B

That’s ridiculous, those guys should lose their jobs. I don’t know how you yankees deal with the cold weather....seriously.

WTFm8

Still waiting for this ‘Work as Directed’ language to be shown.

vvv

That has nothing to do with working as directed. Should have told him to kiss his back side and the truck isn't moving until he complies with the driver

Having said that I actually did that in reverse to a sup way way back on an OJS. Totally bitter cold below zero and I kept the door open and refused to turn the heat on.

Ol' boy was a complete mess by days end, and it was a LONG day.

Also, why in the world is a 31 year driver allowing himself to get rag dolled as such? Gotta toughen up and make your stand brother. Don't be a doormat and continued to get stepped on.

Siveriano

they tried to make me work like this once it was late and i was the last driver out. it was freezing cold like -10 feel or something. i told them i wanted ot go back and they told me i had to finish, then i just told them i didnt feel safe to work and was in pain, then after an hour of no answer and me no delivering packages they called me back.

ManInBrown

I wanna buy that driver a beer. I’ll be headed to Meadow in a little while after meal. Gonna do some sniffin around.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
That's beautiful. Best way to leave is by ambulance, love it!
If it was a day where it was -30 below then I might be looking into a lawyer.....yes it is cold out, yes we work in this kind of weather but to not do everything in your power to keep somewhat protected from the elements seems absolutely ridiculous.... sup and manager should be fired.... no call for that kind of abuse.... I wouldn’t even do that to @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U !!!