Local 177 Easy OT... errr... Safety Committees... dissolved

Coldworld

60 months and counting
That’s ridiculous, those guys should lose their jobs. I don’t know how you yankees deal with the cold weather....seriously.
If that gets out to the media then ups is going to look really bad... worse than usual.. there’s already a few stories about people fed up against ups/FedEx for putting their trucks out in some of this nasty weather...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I hope there are many charges filed against those 2 :censored2: members of management! Un:censored2:ingbelievable!
they tried to make me work like this once it was late and i was the last driver out. it was freezing cold like -10 feel or something. i told them i wanted ot go back and they told me i had to finish, then i just told them i didnt feel safe to work and was in pain, then after an hour of no answer and me no delivering packages they called me back.
should have just brought the truck back... nothing they could have done

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
That has nothing to do with working as directed.

Exactly.

Where in the company's "methods" does it state that ?

Having said that I actually did that in reverse to a sup way way back on an OJS. Totally bitter cold below zero and I kept the door open and refused to turn the heat on.

Ol' boy was a complete mess by days end, and it was a LONG day.

Had a veteran driver do the same thing.... he had on 3 pairs of thermals.

Halfway through day number 2, the OCS cried uncle.

Also, why in the world is a 31 year driver allowing himself to get rag dolled as such? Gotta toughen up and make your stand brother. Don't be a doormat and continued to get stepped on.

That is the most important question....

MC0493

Heard the whole story from my steward this morning. Terrible what the company did but my first question is why would a 31 year driver let them do that. I would have refused to leave the building or brought it back. Either way hope the driver is well and the pieces of :censored2: we work for get nailed to the wall.

johnny_hotdog

I think he played this perfectly. The driver knew what they were doing is gonna come back to bite them in the ass so he just put up with it.

Assuming he is probably close to retirement he just did all the drivers a huge favor by going through this and probably getting a couple of :censored2: sups fired.

Sometimes the best way to retaliate is to work as directed and watch it bite them in the ass. Curious to know what the temperature was that day.

BiggieBrown

Neither UPS nor your coworkers care if you are a part timer.
Took a shot to the nuts tonight in the trailer. Was tossing one of the long rollers out and it bounced back up off the ledge and hit me right in the left nut sack, like a see saw.
I went down fast while 50 pound boxes continued to pile up around me, eventually falling on top of me. I tried crawling to the stop button to turn the belt off but was already trapped from the previous hour of :censored2: falling off the sides and barricading me in because lack of help. The only response was drivers staring into the trailer wondering why I was on the floor, then filing a complaint against me for poor load quality. 6 hours later and it's still hurtin. Probably just lost the ability to have kids, all for $10 an hour. Seems like a fair trade for a guy like me.
Later on I went out to fuel the trucks in the freezing rain, which quickly turned to hail.
Took several golf-ball sized hails right to the dome, was seeing stars while trying to drive the trucks around in zero visiblity.
Work as directed. They don't care about your safety or well being. What UPS taught me is that no one cares.
We've been short handed for 4 weeks and they refuse to hire anyone. We're down to only 3 guys on our shift. Everyone's been dropping like flies. They refuse to hire. They'd rather just watch us try to work twice as hard to make up for it and injure ourselves in the process.

Jersey brown

Took a shot to the nuts tonight in the trailer. Was tossing one of the long rollers out and it bounced back up off the ledge and hit me right in the left nut sack, like a see saw.
I went down fast while 50 pound boxes continued to pile up around me, eventually falling on top of me. I tried crawling to the stop button to turn the belt off but was already trapped from the previous hour of :censored2: falling off the sides and barricading me in because lack of help. The only response was drivers staring into the trailer wondering why I was on the floor, then filing a complaint against me for poor load quality. 6 hours later and it's still hurtin. Probably just lost the ability to have kids, all for $10 an hour. Seems like a fair trade for a guy like me.
Later on I went out to fuel the trucks in the freezing rain, which quickly turned to hail.
Took several golf-ball sized hails right to the dome, was seeing stars while trying to drive the trucks around in zero visiblity.
Work as directed. They don't care about your safety or well being. What UPS taught me is that no one cares.
We've been short handed for 4 weeks and they refuse to hire anyone. We're down to only 3 guys on our shift. Everyone's been dropping like flies. They refuse to hire. They'd rather just watch us try to work twice as hard to make up for it and injure ourselves in the process.
Who cares

Integrity

Binge Poster
I care.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
56034FC6-BA7A-4BF5-B88D-EA9CE771388D.gif

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Exactly.

Where in the company's "methods" does it state that ?

Had a veteran driver do the same thing.... he had on 3 pairs of thermals.

Halfway through day number 2, the OCS cried uncle.

That is the most important question....
Good for Local 177!!!

This will put a huge spotlight on this division.

....and for all of you who somehow think that being a 31 year driver somehow puts this guy in the position of immense fortitude, I know better.

Most drivers of low fortitude persist through their whole career with their head down, scared of every empty threat.
I see it every day as a steward.

You eiher have that gene, or you don't, but the Union is there to help beat back the bully when necessary and that's what happened.

So again, good for you Local 177!!!

~Bbbl~™

Last edited:

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
....and for all of you who somehow think that being a 31 year driver somehow puts this guy in the position of immense fortitude, I know better.

Immense fortitude? Maybe not that far.

But, come on, a 31 year driver, in control of the truck, allowing a sup to instruct him to not close the doors in freezing weather? During an OJS, no less.