Local 177 Easy OT... errr... Safety Committees... dissolved

MC0493

I think he played this perfectly. The driver knew what they were doing is gonna come back to bite them in the ass so he just put up with it.

Assuming he is probably close to retirement he just did all the drivers a huge favor by going through this and probably getting a couple of :censored2: sups fired.

Sometimes the best way to retaliate is to work as directed and watch it bite them in the ass. Curious to know what the temperature was that day.
That was the only other thing i was thinking, go down wad and :censored2: em. If that's what he chose to do, more power to him.

F

Frankie's Friend

Neither UPS nor your coworkers care if you are a part timer.
Took a shot to the nuts tonight in the trailer. Was tossing one of the long rollers out and it bounced back up off the ledge and hit me right in the left nut sack, like a see saw.
I went down fast while 50 pound boxes continued to pile up around me, eventually falling on top of me. I tried crawling to the stop button to turn the belt off but was already trapped from the previous hour of :censored2: falling off the sides and barricading me in because lack of help. The only response was drivers staring into the trailer wondering why I was on the floor, then filing a complaint against me for poor load quality. 6 hours later and it's still hurtin. Probably just lost the ability to have kids, all for $10 an hour. Seems like a fair trade for a guy like me.
Later on I went out to fuel the trucks in the freezing rain, which quickly turned to hail.
Took several golf-ball sized hails right to the dome, was seeing stars while trying to drive the trucks around in zero visiblity.
Work as directed. They don't care about your safety or well being. What UPS taught me is that no one cares.
We've been short handed for 4 weeks and they refuse to hire anyone. We're down to only 3 guys on our shift. Everyone's been dropping like flies. They refuse to hire. They'd rather just watch us try to work twice as hard to make up for it and injure ourselves in the process.
tenor-4.gif

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Immense fortitude? Maybe not that far.

But, come on, a 31 year driver, in control of the truck, allowing a sup to instruct him to not close the doors in freezing weather? During an OJS, no less.
In my Local, where grievances are put on moth balls for years....yes, absolutely.

Nine out of ten are afraid of their own shadow.

This is where your frame of reference meets the unfortunate reality of "autonomy", which sucks for many.

Last edited:

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Immense fortitude? Maybe not that far.

But, come on, a 31 year driver, in control of the truck, allowing a sup to instruct him to not close the doors in freezing weather? During an OJS, no less.
I would have stopped the truck in the Starbucks parking lot and got out and went inside... told the lil bitch that we can continue the day when he wants to stop being a dick and start shutting the door....and I wouldn’t code the time out as a lunch either... then file on his ass when I get back to the building.... friend that :censored2:!