Local 2727 UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDFwhale

Strike will be great, you will go from 920 mechnaics to half that if you are lucky. I would love a 3% raise to, but based on the economy it did not happen. $43 and hour to sleep in the truck with your buddy dreaming of the days where you worked at another airline you drove out business or bankrupt. Wake up and smell the coffea. The economy is much different than in 97 and I am sure there are a great amount of mechanics we can get to replace you. By the way the Teamster war chest is not what it used to be either.
I'm sure this is a Supervisor...... Or Manager...... He is only mad because we get paid what we are worth......

ACE

Keep up the good work on PVG Mr. Overspeed. The Cologne v. Asian plan is getting some traction and a lot of attention. It is now your move for Asian retaliation.

Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.
Adolf Hitler

unionman

We are seeing the same thing on the east coast. I think UPS is preparing for the strike to come.
Dude, are you serious? There is no way in hell they will be doing our jobs because no planes will be flying. Pilots will not fly them, Truckers will not cross our lines and The damage the add campaign is going to bring UPS will be massive. I can't wait to get a strike vote behind us so that the damage can begin with these Nazis.

JETDOC

Keep up the good work on PVG Mr. Overspeed. The Cologne v. Asian plan is getting some traction and a lot of attention. It is now your move for Asian retaliation.

Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.
Adolf Hitler

ACE, are you kidding me ?? I know Overspeed has a lot of dogs. But don't you think it's a little early to open the kennel doors.

Last edited:

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
Dude, are you serious? There is no way in hell they will be doing our jobs because no planes will be flying. Pilots will not fly them, Truckers will not cross our lines and The damage the add campaign is going to bring UPS will be massive. I can't wait to get a strike vote behind us so that the damage can begin with these Nazis.

one person is quoting hitler, and you are calling UPS nazi's....

thanks for showing your true colors.

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
Spot-on Mr UPSalesguy...I haven’t grown up with a retirement spoon in my mouth either.
With that said, should I rollover and let UPS stick it to me when they feel like it, or should I give up a bit of a fight?
Did you give up your retirement yet?

i contribute 12% of MY monthly paycheck to my retirement. UPS does not match the 3% like they did last year. i do not count on that match ever coming back.

so...no, i havent given up saving for my own retirement.

airbusfxr

The Union must get the strike vote out before the talks resume. We should look for an end of Nov date to strike. If the company will not give us a contract by the end of Sep then Oct will be the "30 day cooling off" period as required by the RLA of 1929. We will have till the end of Nov to determine a Dec date. The negative press can be elimated by UPS in August if the company will give us a contract, if not, let the chips fall when they may. No pilots, no mechanics, no drivers, no loaders, it will be '97 again. Why would UPS not give 920 of their most dedicated employees and stockholders (70% of aircraft mechs own UPS stock)a fair contract and take a chance of losing customers to FDX? The money that we require is again like UPS stepping over a dollar to pick up a penny, this time when customers move to FDX it might no be easy to get them back.

unionman

The Union must get the strike vote out before the talks resume. We should look for an end of Nov date to strike. If the company will not give us a contract by the end of Sep then Oct will be the "30 day cooling off" period as required by the RLA of 1929. We will have till the end of Nov to determine a Dec date. The negative press can be elimated by UPS in August if the company will give us a contract, if not, let the chips fall when they may. No pilots, no mechanics, no drivers, no loaders, it will be '97 again. Why would UPS not give 920 of their most dedicated employees and stockholders (70% of aircraft mechs own UPS stock)a fair contract and take a chance of losing customers to FDX? The money that we require is again like UPS stepping over a dollar to pick up a penny, this time when customers move to FDX it might no be easy to get them back.
The 30 day cooling off period is up to the mediator. I just hope Obama's boys are pushing him in the right direction.

upssalesguy

UPS Defender

see, this is where you have the wrong attitude. you already get paid the most in the industry and UPS is still second to fedex in air volume. Not sure what you all would classify as a fair resolution, but you are trending in dangerous waters with the american public if you strike - the whole union would.

Cookdaddy

You may not be coming back either! Which is probably a good thing. Go pedal your insanity someplace else.

airbusfxr

Cookdaddy you are a grade 20 and already get yours because of people like us making service commitments. I have spent 20 years making UPSCO safe and reliable for customers and the general public. People like you who have sit at a desk and drawed big MIP for little input, is the problem here. We have to many chiefs and not enough indians in the airline and people like you who want us to work for free are the ones in for a big wake up call. Wait till the drivers next contract, remember they are not going to wait for 4 years for a contract. Do you think the drivers are going to accept concessions so you can rake in big MIP? Go back to the golf course and leave us alone.

Cookdaddy

Cookdaddy you are a grade 20 and already get yours because of people like us making service commitments. I have spent 20 years making UPSCO safe and reliable for customers and the general public. People like you who have sit at a desk and drawed big MIP for little input, is the problem here. We have to many chiefs and not enough indians in the airline and people like you who want us to work for free are the ones in for a big wake up call. Wait till the drivers next contract, remember they are not going to wait for 4 years for a contract. Do you think the drivers are going to accept concessions so you can rake in big MIP? Go back to the golf course and leave us alone.
I have been working on Jumbos for 30 years. You would have a hard time troubleshooting your way out of a paper bag. I am willing to bet you run away from any job that requires any technical skill and strickly oil aircraft. Guys like you have been sucking on real AMT's teets for to long. I am sure UPS would give real mechanics anything they want as long as slugs like you would go away.

M

Mike23

I'm curious...If a strike does happen and since we aren't allowed to cross picket lines...If the mechanics set one up outside our centers, does that mean that nobody has to go to work? Would it also not mean UPS would still have to pay all the drivers, preloaders, etc... their full pay because it's the policy that we don't cross the pickets?

mrv

I'm curious...If a strike does happen and since we aren't allowed to cross picket lines...If the mechanics set one up outside our centers, does that mean that nobody has to go to work? Would it also not mean UPS would still have to pay all the drivers, preloaders, etc... their full pay because it's the policy that we don't cross the pickets?

You would be "Locked out" by UPS and not get paid. Look for our E-board to back off all this strike talk. Thats what they are good at.

ACE

Look for our E-board to back off all this strike talk. Thats what they are good at.

Don't worry MRV, this is out of the hands of our E-board. Those Pig Farmers had to be taken out of the loop. A decision was made among a very connected group that there was too much at stake to leave this to a bunch of up-grades. They can take the credit and they do have a supporting role, but a Global Company cannot be conquered solely on its home turf. It takes many fronts!

Mankind has grown strong in eternal struggles and it will only perish through eternal peace.
Adolf Hitler

Status
Not open for further replies.