Local 2727 UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

ups767mech

The E-board does not play golf with the labor dept.

The public has been advised via a press release of the ongoing contract dispute. There are also other things that will take place very soon.

clocksucker

Lets just take the strike vote and let the E-Board do their duty. I do support them and I am willing to do what it takes to get medical, retro, raises, subcontracting rules, and an A plan. If it takes 4 more years than I am willing to wait. My problem is someone working OT when people are on the street. The OT ban should be reinstated till all are back, why are people working when members are layed off? When do we go public? The pilots contract moved along at a brisk pace when the Wall Street Journal and USA Today ran their FULL PAGE AD.
Why would we reinstate the OT ban saving the company money and showing them that we can get the job done with the 9?? mechanics we have left. The only way to get through to the company is to hit them in the pocketbook. They are constantly trying to cut OT and you want to hand it to them on a silver platter.

Last edited by a moderator:

ACE

My problem is
Your are an Upgrade!
someone working OT when people are on the street.
What about all the well qualified mechanics out of a job while you "Upgrade" walk around in a daze believing that UPS should pay you twice what you are worth.
The OT ban should be reinstated till all are back, why are people working when members are layed off?
Yes, That was a huge success! E-board with training wheels on parade!

What good fortune for governments that the people do not think.
Adolf Hitler

BrownArmy

Just a package car driver, not personally in-depth with the details of what y'all are talking about, but, nonetheless:

The Hitler stuff still bums me out.

Flame on.

brownone

Supervisors start your own threads and worry about you own..

Here is a better idea go the Teamster web site and spew all your BS and hate for UPS. Amazes me how people like you can hate UPS so much and continue to come to work. If you hate the company and management so much, leave an go find another job that will pay you $43 an hour with the benefits you have.

mrv

Lets just take the strike vote and let the E-Board do their duty. I do support them and I am willing to do what it takes to get medical, retro, raises, subcontracting rules, and an A plan. If it takes 4 more years than I am willing to wait. My problem is someone working OT when people are on the street. The OT ban should be reinstated till all are back, why are people working when members are layed off? When do we go public? The pilots contract moved along at a brisk pace when the Wall Street Journal and USA Today ran their FULL PAGE AD.

The OT ban was an failure. All it did was make Management manage the buisness more efficiantly and thus reduce cost, which in turn allowed them to layoff more mechanics. Any public campaign to get sympathy for our cause will also be a failure. The public will not support a group that is making 43 dollars an hour in these economic times. Once again our E-board has no clue or expertise in the art of negotiations. These childish tactics just make UPS stronger and 2727 weaker. This E-board has a tough act to follow and are failing miseably.We need to wait UPS out and vote this E-BOARD out!!!! We need a E-Board that dos'nt need training wheels.

SKYKING BIRDMAN

Here is a better idea go the Teamster web site and spew all your BS and hate for UPS. Amazes me how people like you can hate UPS so much and continue to come to work. If you hate the company and management so much, leave an go find another job that will pay you $43 an hour with the benefits you have.
Just get ready to turn wrenches! Scary thought I'll bet.

Pip

Only an opinion, and you can tell me what to do with my opinion. I can respect that. If both sides don't come to a settlement and a strike is executed. No matter what happens during or after the strike is over. FedEx will be the big winner in this.

ups767mech

Only an opinion, and you can tell me what to do with my opinion. I can respect that. If both sides don't come to a settlement and a strike is executed. No matter what happens during or after the strike is over. FedEx will be the big winner in this.

Agreed. Lets hope we dont have to strike. Let alone right at peak time.

JETDOC

Your are an Upgrade!

What about all the well qualified mechanics out of a job while you "Upgrade" walk around in a daze believing that UPS should pay you twice what you are worth.

Yes, That was a huge success! E-board with training wheels on parade!

What good fortune for governments that the people do not think.
Adolf Hitler
ACE, We have all upgraded in one way or another in our lives. I think you need to back off and focus on the real issues. So what if our E-board is outgunned, they are all we have and we need to stand behind them.

mrv

ACE, We have all upgraded in one way or another in our lives. I think you need to back off and focus on the real issues. So what if our E-board is outgunned, they are all we have and we need to stand behind them.

If you truely believe the E-Board is outgunned then you should replace them with people that will no be steam rolled into a bad contract. Lambs are lead to slaughter. Step up.

JETDOC

If you truely believe the E-Board is outgunned then you should replace them with people that will no be steam rolled into a bad contract. Lambs are lead to slaughter. Step up.
Good point MRV, Can they be recalled?

mrv

Good point MRV, Can they be recalled?

Time is on our side. Wait until the E-boards term is up and vote them out! We all make a liveable wage, no sense in rushing into a bad contract. This E-board could have settled on a fair contract long ago but wasted their energy on unrealistic expectations. That is the real reason we have gone four years without a deal. When the economy turned our chance for a good contract was lost. Now they are tring to force a contract to save face. Best course of action is to wait them out until we are in a better position to negotiate from strength. There are somr REAL UNIONMEN in 2727 that have the expertise and experiance to negotiate a good contract.

ACE

So what if our E-board is outgunned, they are all we have and we need to stand behind them.

It has not been my intention to imply indecision or wavering. I do not question our final destination of which we have arrived. I do however strongly disagree with the pig trail that has lead us here. Our leadership has not been dedicated, while asking us to be committed.

Pig Farmer Upgrade Translation:
The chicken that lays the egg is dedicated.
The pig that supplies the ham is committed.

Anyone who sees and paints a sky green and fields blue ought to be sterilized.
Adolf Hitler

It has not been my intention to imply indecision or wavering. I do not question our final destination of which we have arrived. I do however strongly disagree with the pig trail that has lead us here. Our leadership has not been dedicated, while asking us to be committed.

Pig Farmer Upgrade Translation:
The chicken that lays the egg is dedicated.
The pig that supplies the ham is committed.

Anyone who sees and paints a sky green and fields blue ought to be sterilized.
Adolf Hitler

YEEEEEEW! I'M GETTIN' FIRED UP ACE! This KY Bourbon is sure somethin'.
I think the eboard is committed to layin' eggs, but rest assured, I'm a soldier, I will ride this sumbitch into the ground like Slim Pickens did that A-bomb in Dr. Strangelove.

SKYKING BIRDMAN

YEEEEEEW! I'M GETTIN' FIRED UP ACE! This KY Bourbon is sure somethin'.
I think the eboard is committed to layin' eggs, but rest assured, I'm a soldier, I will ride this sumbitch into the ground like Slim Pickens did that A-bomb in Dr. Strangelove.
Lets hope we have more than 900 soldiers in this Army of misfits.

unionman

Time is on our side. Wait until the E-boards term is up and vote them out! We all make a liveable wage, no sense in rushing into a bad contract. This E-board could have settled on a fair contract long ago but wasted their energy on unrealistic expectations. That is the real reason we have gone four years without a deal. When the economy turned our chance for a good contract was lost. Now they are tring to force a contract to save face. Best course of action is to wait them out until we are in a better position to negotiate from strength. There are somr REAL UNIONMEN in 2727 that have the expertise and experiance to negotiate a good contract.
Your a company TROLL. Your just scared to strike and you want Joe back in office. Only a maroon would want to put an arrogant ass who steals from his union back in power.

I know you don't have any friends but ask a pilot what his defined pension is. Then you can come back here with some knowledge before you start your Darmento campaign. By the way strike vote just went in the mail with a big YES, how bout you tough guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.