Local 340

bacha29

You wouldn’t have a clue what the American people want😂
I know one thing that the American people want. They want to know why you think your worth $40+ and hour while the kid running around in the white truck or the blue blue is doing a satisfactory job doing the exact same job for $15?

You IBT boys got a lot on your plate. New contract to get done at a time when shippers have by now made other other arrangements. Yellow (1.5B in depth and looking at getting it's stock delisted) suing you guys for 137 million bucks and threatens to close up shop by the middle of this month if it doesn't get what it wants.

Thebrownblob

I know one thing that the American people want. They want to know why you think your worth $40+ and hour while the kid running around in the white truck or the blue blue is doing a satisfactory job doing the exact same job for $15?

You IBT boys got a lot on your plate. New contract to get done at a time when shippers have by now made other other arrangements. Yellow (1.5B in depth and looking at getting it's stock delisted) suing you guys for 137 million bucks and threatens to close up shop by the middle of this month if it doesn't get what it wants.
You literally have no idea what you’re talking about do you? Lol you just run your mouth as if you have a clue it’s very funny. The government is knee deep with yellow and their debt now. The lawsuit is because they want to violate the contract we already have and we won’t let them do the change of operations the way they want to, and screw our members. Hey guess what that’s too bad. We’ve bent over backwards to try and help that company. It’s been piss poor management taking bonuses. You’re kind of people, the ones who Leach off the actual workers, and look down their nose at them, while pretending that they care and that’s who you are, a fraud, a fake and a phony.

You’re the guy everyone laughs at when you come in the room😂

bacha29

You literally have no idea what you’re talking about do you? Lol you just run your mouth as if you have a clue it’s very funny. The government is knee deep with yellow and their debt now. The lawsuit is because they want to violate the contract we already have and we won’t let them do the change of operations the way they want to, and screw our members. Hey guess what that’s too bad. We’ve bent over backwards to try and help that company. It’s been piss poor management taking bonuses. You’re kind of people, the ones who Leach off the actual workers, and look down their nose at them, while pretending that they care and that’s who you are a fraud, a fake and a phony.

You’re the guy everyone laughs at when you come in the room😂
Pointing fingers won't matter and neither will your mighty contract if Yellow files for bankruptcy and chooses to bypass Chapter 11 (restructuring) and goes Chapter 7 total liquidation. An interesting option given that industry analysists say that the physical assets would bring more money if sold rather than to try to reorganize.

It's whatever the bankruptcy judge decides is in the best interest of the creditors which in this case is the American taxpayer among others and stockholders. After all it's only the third largest LTL in the country. Shouldn't be too hard for the others to pick up the slack.

Thebrownblob

Pointing fingers won't matter and neither will your mighty contract if Yellow files for bankruptcy and chooses to bypass Chapter 11 (restructuring) and goes Chapter 7 total liquidation. An interesting option given that industry analysists say that the physical assets would bring more money if sold rather than to try to reorganize.

It's whatever the bankruptcy judge decides is in the best interest of the creditors which in this case is the American taxpayer among others and stockholders. After all it's only the third largest LTL in the country. Shouldn't be too hard for the others to pick up the slack.
Lol there’s really nothing mighty about yellow the corporation. Their best asset is the workers that they screwed for over a decade They will be fine.

bacha29

Lol there’s really nothing mighty about yellow the corporation. Their best asset is the workers that they screwed for over a decade They will be fine.
LMAO Indeed they'll be just fine when they after they go to work for Old Dominion, FDX Freight, Saia, XPO etc.
Trucking companies come and go all the time. If Yellow files the bankruptcy judge not the IBT will decide what's best .

Thebrownblob

You guys think you're sitting in the catbird seat. That you've got this thing all figured out. That you've got UPS and Yellow boxed in. I'm no genius but I can tell you one thing. Be prepared to get some surprises sprung on you that you didn't expect
I think UPS doesn’t wanna strike, and yellow will go out of business

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
You people might want to take a look at the You Tube story the AFL-CIO posted regarding the picket lines 340 set up in Maine at the end of last week. Granted, it was a so called " practice" picket . What it does do however is prove that the news report I called your attention was not entirely untrue.

What made me laugh was the interview they had with one brown shirt who was crying about how hard they had it. How hard he has it may have something to do with the fact that he's been there 37 freaking years!

While I am pro union what I found equally amusing was their crying for public support for them. In today's "what have you done for me lately" world
the public wants to know what you have to offer in return? Other carriers can get somebody to do the job for half the wages and zero benefits. The pay Ground contractors are offering today is the same pay they offered a decade ago. Might not get as many as they need but they'll get some. Not to mention the number of people willing to haul out of their cars. You can't stop all the unmarked private automobiles that might be out there hauling boxes. And the first time you stop an assault one of them you're union will be facing a public outrage the likes of which has never been seen before.

And in doing the Teamsters will have lost it's ability to set the market for gear punchers and box oxen.

Better hope that cooler and more visionary heads prevail.

Maybe you should worry about fedx imploding on its self

Ups will be fine

Spam

You guys think you're sitting in the catbird seat. That you've got this thing all figured out. That you've got UPS and Yellow boxed in. I'm no genius but I can tell you one thing. Be prepared to get some surprises sprung on you that you didn't expect
You’re no Genius, never would’ve guessed that🤦🏻‍♂️

Thebrownblob

So how are the workers at Yellow better off if they go out of business?
How are the workers better off with the proposed new organizational consolidation, and basically having almost no work rules and sometimes not being paid for their time? Again, don’t get this twisted this is 100% a poor management problem. A $700 million government loan has already been squandered. If you saw yellows new “plan” you would laugh. Never mind the plan wouldn’t really even work. It blows my mind how incapable there management is, it almost like they did this purposely to have an excuse to go out of business. They certainly never should’ve gotten that loan from the government.

It will be fine

How are the workers better off with the proposed new organizational consolidation, and basically having almost no work rules and sometimes not being paid for their time? Again, don’t get this twisted this is 100% a poor management problem. A $700 million government loan has already been squandered. If you saw yellows new “plan” you would laugh. Never mind the plan wouldn’t really even work. It blows my mind how incapable there management is, it almost like they did this purposely to have an excuse to go out of business. They certainly never should’ve gotten that loan from the government.
So instead of some people losing their jobs they all do? And this is a good thing how?

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone

LMAO Indeed they'll be just fine when they after they go to work for Old Dominion, FDX Freight, Saia, XPO etc.
Trucking companies come and go all the time. If Yellow files the bankruptcy judge not the IBT will decide what's best .

1375481598039.gif

bacha29

I think UPS doesn’t wanna strike, and yellow will go out of business
Knowing that in the world of today the IBT cannot fight a war on two fronts perhaps your national organization will try to settle up with UPS moving things along on at an accelerated pace so it can figure out what to do about Yellow.

If you recall by the time union represented Consolidated Freightways went below the Mendoza Line the company already had it's nonunion subsidiary Con-Way up, up and running and ready to take over and when CF closed up the industry barely noticed.

Today if you've got labor problems..... bypass it.... Start your own nonunion subsidiary or buy one that is.