Local 396 and Tentative Agreement

SoCalUPS

What's with RH and his people at 396 pushing this crappy contract? He has the nerve to say it should be accepted. It's very easy for some Union Officers to say that we should vote Yes since they won't have to live under the terms of the contract. We need to post every local here who is pushing a "Yes" vote so we can get them out of office .They are sellouts. Vote NO!!!

LagunaBrown

If you don't know why it's good in the Southwest Package Rider you really need to go to the contract meeting..... Have you noticed there are no other replies here because everyone knows we have great protection in our Supplements and Riders.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
If you don't know why it's good in the Southwest Package Rider you really need to go to the contract meeting..... Have you noticed there are no other replies here because everyone knows we have great protection in our Supplements and Riders.
I am okay with our New England supplement, but the national is absolute garbage. Which means, the regional supplement is simply a garbage can and lid to house the garbage.

SoCalUPS

So what you are saying is screw all other Teamsters as long as the Southwest is taken care of?

LagunaBrown

So what you are saying is screw all other Teamsters as long as the Southwest is taken care of?
So what YOUR saying is to screw my family and retiree's in my region by voting no for you? Oh wait you are in my region. I though you post was about 396 language? Obviously your just here to stir the pot.

Last edited:

LagunaBrown

I am okay with our New England supplement, but the national is absolute garbage. Which means, the regional supplement is simply a garbage can and lid to house the garbage.
I will put our contractual language, pension, healthcare and retiree package against yours any day. If yours is good you should be happy because there are many supplements and riders that don't even have a 8 hour 5 consecutive guarantee.

reginald95

What's with RH and his people at 396 pushing this crappy contract? He has the nerve to say it should be accepted. It's very easy for some Union Officers to say that we should vote Yes since they won't have to live under the terms of the contract. We need to post every local here who is pushing a "Yes" vote so we can get them out of office .They are sellouts. Vote NO!!!

The contract is far from perfect but we on the western region/southwest region have always had strong language and strong union presence. Unless you're some misinformed part-timer that is buying into all the bs that's been spread out over the internet and on here, you should be voting yes.

jagger john

we need to get president out now he is a big sell out

panchovilla

Local 396 Driver here, personally voting “NO”, simply because I think we can improve on some of the things I’ve heard so far. Its not that bad of a deal. The setting is perfect to get more above a beyond what is proposed. Record profits, Trump tax break. Hate the fact that the complete changes aren't posted yet.

For example Hybrid(combination) driver, we’ve had cover drivers here for years which is the same job title but now they’ll be getting better language. UPS being able to make 25% of these drivers in buildings with weekend delivery is too high. as Im not for it but it is improving.

Raises $4.15 in the 5 years. Thats being blamed on no split raises but my personal opinion is by the end of this contract we will be delivering boxes for $41.18hr. Thats good money. Dont be surprised if next contract our raise will be about $3.25 or less.

Full time progression being 4yrs is too long I think 3yrs is perfect. I still can’t believe even Air drivers are now going into a 4yr progression.

Full time starting at $21 is an improvement. $23 after yr 1 is too small of a jump, because every driver starts off killing it. A $2 raise (reward) is not good enough. $24 after the 2nd yr is even worse.

Retirees not have having a cap on health benefits is great deal.

Just a little info and personal opinion.

I say read the contract and supplement changes once its posted, and Attend the Union meetings.

LagunaBrown

Local 396 Driver here, personally voting “NO”, simply because I think we can improve on some of the things I’ve heard so far. Its not that bad of a deal. The setting is perfect to get more above a beyond what is proposed. Record profits, Trump tax break. Hate the fact that the complete changes aren't posted yet.

For example Hybrid(combination) driver, we’ve had cover drivers here for years which is the same job title but now they’ll be getting better language. UPS being able to make 25% of these drivers in buildings with weekend delivery is too high. as Im not for it but it is improving.

Raises $4.15 in the 5 years. Thats being blamed on no split raises but my personal opinion is by the end of this contract we will be delivering boxes for $41.18hr. Thats good money. Dont be surprised if next contract our raise will be about $3.25 or less.

Full time progression being 4yrs is too long I think 3yrs is perfect. I still can’t believe even Air drivers are now going into a 4yr progression.

Full time starting at $21 is an improvement. $23 after yr 1 is too small of a jump, because every driver starts off killing it. A $2 raise (reward) is not good enough. $24 after the 2nd yr is even worse.

Retirees not have having a cap on health benefits is great deal.

Just a little info and personal opinion.

I say read the contract and supplement changes once its posted, and Attend the Union meetings.
Retiree piece is huge, I don't know how you can vote no on something that can save you from medical bankruptcy. We have a PEER 80 retirement package where members can retire as young as 49. Medicare does not kick in until 65 so that's 16 years with a $500,000 lifetime medical cap. The new language of "no lifetime cap" will cover all of our family members in the plan from any catastrophic illnesses. If we loose that I will be pissed.

Last edited:

panchovilla

Retiree piece is huge, I don't know how you can vote no on something that can save you from medical bankruptcy. We have a PEER 80 retirement package where members can retire as young as 49. Medicare does not kick in until 65 so that's 16 years with a $500,000 lifetime medical cap. The new language of "no lifetime cap" will cover all of our family members in the plan from any catastrophic illnesses. If we loose that I will be :censored2:.

Huge win on no cap retiree health care
But the rest can definitely improve. I have 20+ plus years to go before retirement but do agree No Cap is HUGE WIN

Retiree piece is huge, I don't know how you can vote no on something that can save you from medical bankruptcy. We have a PEER 80 retirement package where members can retire as young as 49. Medicare does not kick in until 65 so that's 16 years with a $500,000 lifetime medical cap. The new language of "no lifetime cap" will cover all of our family members in the plan from any catastrophic illnesses. If we loose that I will be :censored2:.
That’s only if the rider passes on first attempt, right? And could go away at any contact negotiation.

LagunaBrown

That’s only if the rider passes on first attempt, right? And could go away at any contact negotiation.
If we vote yes on the rider and the National Master does not pass it could change the dollar amounts to the rider and we could loose it that way too.

LagunaBrown

Vote no don’t sell out the unborn.
Typical lame reply. I bet your not even in our region trolling for a No vote. Listen here, in our area YOU are selling out the unborn and the actives by not getting them the uncapped retiree healthcare. We already have a two tier driver since Ron Carey in 1997 and the 22.4 language improves it. Starting wage is going to $15 dollars per hour and Healthcare is gonna start at 9 months instead of 12. Top driver rate to $41 dollars by he end of the contract. $445 dollar a week is paid by UPS for a full timers healthcare and full time drivers / 22.4's (if work 2080 hours) will get $129,000 dollars into their pension over the life of the contract. GTFO and we are uplifting the unborn!

Last edited: