Local 396 and Tentative Agreement

cachmeifucan

Typical lame reply. I bet your not even in our region trolling for a No vote. Listen here, in our area YOU are selling out the unborn and the actives by not getting them the uncapped retiree healthcare. We already have a two tier driver since Ron Carey in 1997 and the 22.4 language improves it. Starting wage is going to $15 dollars per hour and Healthcare is gonna start at 9 months instead of 12. Top driver rate to $41 dollars by he end of the contract. $445 dollar a week is paid by UPS for a full timers healthcare and full time drivers / 22.4's (if work 2080 hours) will get $129,000 dollars into their pension over the life of the contract. GTFO and we are uplifting the unborn!
How much more do we actually get in pension increase. The company pays more that's good but if the actual payout is the same doesn't seem to benefit us very much

reginald95

Protection who you kidding ups doesn't care about the contract or language they never abide by it. So what makes you think they won't violate it whenever they want. No monetary repercussions
All you seem to do is cry wolf. If you were to work in a 396 building you would know we got things locked down. Not the fault of the west region that the central and east coast can’t negotiate worth a crap.

LagunaBrown

I fully understand your reasoning. I am under the Central and we truly kicked our retirees to the curve with their increased Pension co-pays, they should of been red circled and kept at the level that they were paying at Retirement.

I said this before if we the other conferences had anywhere close to the West's retirement benefits this situation that we are heading into would be a moot point.

In the Central most of us are looking at the possibility of working way past 60. Last contract I lost ground considering the increased retiree Health and Welfare charges, the part timer lost ground and in this one will loose more.
Thanks for understanding, the unlimited cap on healthcare is an huge benefit to our members in the WR177healthcare. It would be dumb not to take that deal because it could save EVERY member when they are retired from medical bankruptcy due to a terrible illness or injury.

Last edited:

All you seem to do is cry wolf. If you were to work in a 396 building you would know we got things locked down. Not the fault of the west region that the central and east coast can’t negotiate worth a crap.
Actually the West should have helped and cared in ‘97. Negotiations come out a lot better when each party put on the shoes of the other party.

Bratty Brown

We Want Beer
This just in
Attach505_20180806_115356.jpg

Hethatbeking

Retiree piece is huge, I don't know how you can vote no on something that can save you from medical bankruptcy. We have a PEER 80 retirement package where members can retire as young as 49. Medicare does not kick in until 65 so that's 16 years with a $500,000 lifetime medical cap. The new language of "no lifetime cap" will cover all of our family members in the plan from any catastrophic illnesses. If we loose that I will be :censored2:.
Weren't lifetime caps outlawed under the Affordable Healthcare Act.

bowhnterdon

Then you know the importance of retiree medical getting voted on by the actives. Retirees don’t get to vote on the contract but their medical depends on it till 65. Missing an opportunity like this would be a terrible shame. Your close to 65 and it’s not an issue for you but here lots of guys retire at their peer 80 and that is as early as 49 years old. It’s not the same UPS it use to be before Orion. Most guys want out early here.
That would be a yes vote from me. The retiree healthcare in my JC sucks. $600 for me. Lifetime cap of 500,000. Take the deal