Local 728 Hoffa/Hall rally this morning with a packed house

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
An extreme success this morning with Hoffa and Hall leading the charge in our local hall today. Everyone is fired up and wired up for the next installment as the whole hall was packed, overflowing with the chant "We won't pay!" Thanks to local 528 also showing up to take part in this movement to get people energized and to let the company know we're not going to lay down and accept these ridiculous proposals. No video was allowed during this meeting as we don't need Youtube videos to get our point across.

Some of the issues that have already been discussed on here that were reiterated:

1. Surepost ratio packages and size of said packages "Washing machines aren't Surepost packages"

2. PT wage increases. We need to focus on using some of the wage increases in the past and make sure we bring the pt'ers in line

3. Freight subcontracting

4. 9.5 language not having to jump through hoops and using loopholes to avoid paying what is written in the contract

5. Harassment/technology language that's clear and concise

6. Insurance, We are not going to pay, period. Get that message out to the PT'ers and FT'ers

Some photos taken of some of the Roswell guys, showing our support for our local and the IBT. Thanks to all the guys working on the national and southern supplement to get us a fair contract.

006.jpg
007.jpg
003.jpg
006.jpg
007.jpg
003.jpg

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Man, I guess I may have run into you there.
There were a lot of people I know.
Maybe next time.
Yeah, bet a lot of management would like to see what it's like to not give up raises, compensation, and benefits while the company complains about how they didn't hit $5,000,000,000 and only did $4,800,000,000. Those numbers look even bigger when you type them out huh? Maybe next time.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I ,and the guys from the Fayette center were right across from ya'll :we were front and center. I remember your group taking the pics actually . It was a GREAT rally,and i'm glad We all went. I saved my signs and am going to put them in my window in my personal car in the parking lot

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I ,and the guys from the Fayette center were right across from ya'll :we were front and center. I remember your group taking the pics actually . It was a GREAT rally,and i'm glad We all went. I saved my signs and am going to put them in my window in my personal car in the parking lot
I was in such a rush taking pictures and talking to folks I forgot to grab some signs for that also. Yeah, we tried to corner the left section so we could easily get some shots. Good to see some guys on here representing.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Yeah, bet a lot of management would like to see what it's like to not give up raises, compensation, and benefits while the company complains about how they didn't hit $5,000,000,000 and only did $4,800,000,000. Those numbers look even bigger when you type them out huh? Maybe next time.
I would imagine there are some in management that, secretly or not so much, wish us luck. I know I feel for a lot of them.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

I'm retired and my pension and Medical benefits are looking pretty good ... better than anything you'll ever see! :wink2:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I would imagine there are some in management that, secretly or not so much, wish us luck. I know I feel for a lot of them.

That's probably true.
I know in the past, if the Drivers got something so did non-Union employees.
I guess there is hope that will be the case again ... at least they can hope.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I'm retired and my pension and Medical benefits are looking pretty good ... better than anything you'll ever see! :wink2:
You realize I'm not management right? I don't pay for my insurance and I actually get raises. They gotta take cuts so you can have that management pension and medical, I'm not the one that's going to take the cuts for you.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You realize I'm not management right? I don't pay for my insurance and I actually get raises. They gotta take cuts so you can have that management pension and medical, I'm not the one that's going to take the cuts for you.

Like I said, I'm retired and my health insurance is totally paid for by my years of service credits.
I actually take home more in retirement than I did when I was working (no 401K deductions or SS tax or Medicare tax) and that's before I add in the wages from my part-time jobs.
I also eliminated $500 a month for gas ... "Life is good" and BTW good luck to you and your brethren.

kingOFchester

Like I said, I'm retired and my health insurance is totally paid for by my years of service credits.
I actually take home more in retirement than I did when I was working and that's before I add in the wages from my part-time jobs.
I also eliminated $500 a month for gas ... "Life is good" and BTW good luck to you and your brethren.

I feel sorry for those going into management now as they aren't going to get what you are getting. Glad you are able to enjoy the fruits of your labor. Hope one day to be able to enjoy some fruit too. Maxing out my 401k and maxing out my roth should help.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I actually take home more in retirement than I did when I was working (no 401K deductions or SS tax or Medicare tax) and that's before I add in the wages from my part-time jobs.
I truly respect what you've done with management pension and the wages you've received though your career. The point I'm trying to make is that was then, this is now. Management has even less opportunity to do/make more, and that is arbitrary at best. You retired at the end of the era of UPS willing to take car of management and employees. The new era is take care of the stockholders, then employees, most notably those that effect the day to day operations, the hourlies. Management's job, at least how I see it, is reduced to a secretary reporting daily stats to the boss. The union makes UPS accountable to take care of those who take care of the company, who's making sure UPS takes care of management? I think we all know that answer.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I feel sorry for those going into management now as they aren't going to get what you are getting. Glad you are able to enjoy the fruits of your labor. Hope one day to be able to enjoy some fruit too. Maxing out my 401k and maxing out my roth should help.

Yeah, me too!

I tried to make sure I did not talk about United Parcel Service much around the under 35 year old management.

I question the integrity of managers that talk about the old culture and UPS has lots of opportunity for young people.

BCFan

Was on front row also...great info from Hall....lets go to Roswell,Atlanta, Pdale,Griffin, friend. Park ,and all the other Ga hubs and carry that message to the members that could not attend.....BC

stink219

My sups and managers openly tell me their hopes for better 9.5 language and other things. In hopes they don't need to work 16 hours a day. Don't be fooled, they are on our side with the working condition aspect. They just don't want us to make more $$$ than them.