Looks Like Sat. & Sun. For Express at Peak

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
ID's are not required-Manager can provide you with a temporary badge.
Drivers License not required-Manager can provide you with a copy from your personnel file (happened to me).
Not having Corrective Lenses if required=Warning Letter.
Not working a scheduled day before or after the holiday=no holiday pay.
Scheduling a medical procedure before Peak hits is the preferred MO around here. It gets you out of Peak, but still costs you Holiday Pay.
ID is required at my station. No ID, no work.

!Retired!

Wouldn't your hours reset on Sunday, thus allowing you to work both the 23rd (Sat) and the 24th (Sun), if needed?

DOT hours don't reset until you have 34 hrs off the clock.
Correct....though, I think it's 32. Never been a problem for me, so I don't know for sure.

You would presumably get the 34 hour rest on the night of Dec 16-Dec 17 though, right? Then you could work up to 70 hours in the next 8 days (Dec 18-25).

Jesus, that sounds awful.
Correct and it is.
ID is required at my station. No ID, no work.
We use our ID to punch in (no paper time cards). Technically, you're not even allowed on the property without it. I've never heard it happen, but a manager can send you home to get it. And yes, you would need to return.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
FedEx ID. TSA likes to randomly stop by our building. Maybe because we’re near an airport. Who knows?
Hilarious! Our station is INSIDE a HUB and we are required to go thru a manned Security Station just to get to the time clock. Forget your ID and the MOD signs you in and security gives you a temporary ID. Consistency at FedEx is second only to Communication!

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Correct....though, I think it's 32. Never been a problem for me, so I don't know for sure.

Correct and it is.

We use our ID to punch in (no paper time cards). Technically, you're not even allowed on the property without it. I've never heard it happen, but a manager can send you home to get it. And yes, you would need to return.
I’m not returning. I live an hour away. I’ll take the unpaid day.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Hilarious! Our station is INSIDE a HUB and we are required to go thru a manned Security Station just to get to the time clock. Forget your ID and the MOD signs you in and security gives you a temporary ID. Consistency at FedEx is second only to Communication!
We don’t have security checking us in or out. Only the security people checking outbound packages.

whenIgetthere

I think they worry about the terrorists OUTSIDE the station. We also have an X-ray machine for packages and a bomb sniffing dog that is here in the evening checking outbound freight.

We have the drug sniffing dogs on the AM sort everyday. Well, not on the sort, they stay in the patrol cars, then are brought out to sniff suspicious packages when the sort goes down.