Do i have to take a lunch in a right to work state?

• Yes

Votes: 26 83.9%
  • No

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters
So i just started driving about 2 weeks ago and i have found that i can eat just fine during my breaks and maintain a good pace throughout the day, however managment was telling me that lunch is required but all my fellow drivers are saying otherwise. I had my supervisor approach me saying that she coded me out for a 30 min lunch that i didnt take. My question is do i have to take a lunch and is what my supervisor did illegal since i didnt take one. Right to work states are weird.

Rack em

Made the Podium
So i just started driving about 2 weeks ago and i have found that i can eat just fine during my breaks and maintain a good pace throughout the day, however managment was telling me that lunch is required but all my fellow drivers are saying otherwise. I had my supervisor approach me saying that she coded me out for a 30 min lunch that i didnt take. My question is do i have to take a lunch and is what my supervisor did illegal since i didnt take one. Right to work states are weird.
You are required to take your uninterrupted meal period per the contract.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
But the company is required to pay you for all time worked. Your sup shouldn't have coded you for a lunch you didn't take, but you could be disciplined for not taking a lunch. Bit of a catch 22.

badpal

I am in a right to work state, its usually a sandwich. Except Fridays when I celebrate with a Caseys hamburger.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Does right to work give one the right to falsify?

Guys are working through breaks, and coding in that they took them, which is a violation of federal law.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Anyway, why are we always adjusting and not the company? If you cannot take lunch, something is very wrong.

Let them start us earlier or take work off.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Anyway, why are we always adjusting and not the company? If you cannot take lunch, something is very wrong.

It's no different for piss breaks. You don't think those in the crystal palace know that drivers are pissing into bottles instead of being able, comfortable with, or encouraged to break route and go to a sanitary place?

A class action suit would solve this problem fast.

They have had suits brought against them for lunch breaks, harassment, and whatever else but that still hasn't solved anything.