Mailbox numbers...

bacha29

Many delivery driver's tales of woe and misery begin with "there was no number on the house so I"... (insert alcoholism inducing story here).

People who fail to properly mark their property while engaging in online shopping is one of those things that I hope there is a special place in hell for.
Consignee: " Well we don't want people to know where we are". Me: "Does that include police ambulance fire and rescue"?

SmithBarney

Just help train your customers, if they are home request ID, then remind them nicely with some high quality BS, "good thing you were home, there are no numbers so we would have had to send the package back to the shipper"

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Orion buddy, I used to do a rural route in the key peninsula in washington. Dude, don't write on those peoples mailbox. Most are in the boonies for a reason. I've talked to a bunch of those folks, quite a few are doing that to the mailbox on purpose. You don't want some tax evader pulling a gun on your sharpie man. Be easy bro.

Update, it's all good... went to the same address today and he thanked me... the pics were not great quality.

I forgot to mention that there were faded sharpie marks already & I traced them over.

I'm switching to be a swing cover driver for the rest of the summer, that'll be on another thread

dvalleyjim

On my rural route the post office writes the address on mailboxes all the time with a metallic-silver marker (permanent). Saw it on a guys new copper plated mailbox. Thought that he may get pissed at that but love that these mailboxes now have house numbers. Technically the Post Office owns the mailbox and can do what it must to guarantee the timely delivery of the U.S. mail.

OrioN

If they are usps property, they should foot the bill for mailboxes and their #s ???

If I'm delivering a small bag or envelope with a usps barcode, it gets crammed into the mailbox. Why should ground drivers help hourly union workers???

BootsOnTarmac

USPS does not own the box, but they have exclusive right to it, as well as the placement specs to insure proper USPS delivery. When the USPS writes the number on the box they are doing everyone a favor. Many times you will even see color coded stickers placed on the box by the newspaper guys to show what paper to throw or place in the open slot intended for papers. If the Fedex or UPS guy comes along and helps the number situation, so be it. Why should anyone have to guess including first responder's or even the IRS. If the IRS has to come to your door, they WILL find your door regardless of the numbers on your mailbox.

OrioN

DSC_0019.JPG

Thanks usps!

I wanted to driver release this :censored2:'s bed bath beyond box, but the house or mailbox had no numbers until I saw the inner lid... sighs

OrioN

We share the same damn Motorola power pad, so this should be common sense to implement.... heck, we're all team Orange now, eh???

OrioN

Omg, cursive writing is for checks and personal documents,not plastered on the side of a home...

DSC_0039.JPG

U think we can see that in the dark during peak season???? Especially when routes will be tripled & the seasonal temp drivers won't have area knowledge... Sighs

Oldfart

Omg, cursive writing is for checks and personal documents,not plastered on the side of a home...

View attachment 204617

U think we can see that in the dark during peak season???? Especially when routes will be tripled & the seasonal temp drivers won't have area knowledge... Sighs
Some cities actually regulate the style of number you can use. We have a suburb that prohibits "spelled out" numbers such as in your post.

OrioN

I asked management to do that, they're lazy sob's says the customers have to use the website.

We should be able to use the stop comment tab and input our own e notes for future reference to the cover driver or supplemental drivers for peak season.

I know it can be done thru the customer portal, butt with this new single system they're fumbling around tracking unscanned boxes that went missing...

For example, I had a box missing since July 5. It magically appear on my pile on July 25! Wtf happened to it?!? I gotta dig that tracking number up and see on Tuesday...

OrioN

img_20180408_104229-jpg.190792

So as I'm covering a harder route during the summer, they're using my bid route as a training course for new drivers since I plot it out to run efficiently.

Had a mis delivery to house # 38... guess that driver got dyslexia, LoL

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
img_20180408_104229-jpg.190792

So as I'm covering a harder route during the summer, they're using my bid route as a training course for new drivers since I plot it out to run efficiently.

Had a mis delivery to house # 38... guess that driver got dyslexia, LoL
Actually, that's the combination to unlock the gate.