Mailbox numbers...

Schweddy

Balls
Our local tax assessor has an excellent website that helps with bad street numbers. It only helps if the recipient is a homeowner and not a renter.

Funny, you won't call a customer but you have time to search what city/county someone lives in and find said website and GIS info and navigate tons of data. Let alone the time wasted if they don't own their place.

Secret.. agent man

Oldfart

Funny, you won't call a customer but you have time to search what city/county someone lives in and find said website and GIS info and navigate tons of data. Let alone the time wasted if they don't own their place.

Secret.. agent man
They have an app and you enter the street number and the numbers on that street pop up. Not that difficult. An app doesn't call me back when I am on vacation like a customer can. Not gonna bother blocking calls, just not gonna call them. If a customer happens to mention to a CSA that I called them and the CSA were to mention to a manager that I called, I could be disciplined for breaking policy. Just not gonna happen. Pretty simple.

bacha29

I was a day1 with RPS and at a time before 911 and GPS. The route consisted of 44 Zips stretched across 5 rural counties and 2100 miles of RD carrier miles. What an enormous miscalculation. All under the old USPS RD map format and those maps were not public information. After several years we were able to add a new contractor. Needless to say the guy was over whelmed almost to the point of tears. Looking for help and no maps no apps no GPS no Google maps all I could say to the guy was this..." With the mail RD stands for Rural Delivery. With us it stands for Rightfully Delayed. They're out there because they choose to be not because they have to be and if you can't truck it 'expletive deleted' (rhymes ) it and everybody knows where the guy you're looking for lives......That's everybody in the "hawler".

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
As odd as it turned out for me, I used to get deliveries from our first RPS guy, who sold and a decade later the guy with that route hired me to deliver to the same area as the RPS guy. Then the guy who hired me sold his route, 8 yrs later, I talked my boss into hiring the guy that hired me to run his own route again. It's like route incest. Then as a Mgr, I had to instruct the guy who hired me, to do his job. After that, I switched contractors, manage all of it shy of one that zip and half the damn real estate the original RPS guy probably had.

Last edited:

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Against policy at my station. Couriers are not allowed to call a customer or give a customer their number. Had several customers complain that couriers would call customers trying to get a date and had several customers calling couriers after hours trying to do the same. If a customer leaves a note on their door wanting you to call for delivery, you are setting yourself up for a problem that you can avoid by not calling them. If they need their cell phone so bad, they should have had it held or had it delivered where they would be.

There's never been an issue at any station where I've had an interest. I know of some couriers who probably spend 15 minutes a day on the phone conducting business with their regs.

59 Dano

If I had a bad address package, where exactly should I do the exception scan? If the address doesn't exist, where would I not be falsifying?

Here, no one cares where you are when you code the DEX 03. Some people realize it's a bad address when they are priming their shelf or resorting packages and code it then. As another poster said, it gives dispatch/CSA more time to find the correct address.

Some stations have issues with people monkeying around with the code. Some couriers will throw a DEX 03 on a pkg to show an attempt before commit time or for some other reason. We'll make changes to the policy if people start doing that kind of crap here.

59 Dano

Secret.. agent man

All of the counties in this area use qpublic.net for their searchable property tax databases. Ridiculously quick and easy to validate an address and, if needed, view a picture of the property or show it on a map.

What's
I will always knock, then code it an 03 because I am not sure I am at the correct house. If dispatch insists it is correct, then an 08 will follow. I will not release a package at a house with no numbers if I have never delivered there before just because I think I am at the correct house.

What's an 03?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
003 is " unable to locate" then u choose an appropriate reason.

Don't forget to service cross the box as well

We're not supposed to u use 002 or 003 it varies from terminal to terminal, just because they wanna look good on paper.

B$, I'm in the sticks n have cellphone dead zones. I'll use CPC texting to let the guy sitting at a desk do the research & gives him an ETA before I go to far from the service area

Last edited:

dezguy

My station doesn't have enough printers to go around to everyone. Looking like crap or not, service crosses are sometimes necessary.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Blah, I know most of my rural area by now, butt it still piss me off for those customers who don't want to bother with numbers...

DSC_0017.JPG

I dunno what that BT 150 is, but that's not the house number... So I mark the utility pole on each side of the drive way with a sharpie

Star B

White Lightening
if you don't want to bother with numbers, you will get the bare minimum of me trying to find you.

Even for the ultimate cheapass like me.... 30 bucks will get you a nice post, a 12x7 number sign, and a case of beer for your neighbor with a pole driver.

rod

Retired 22 years
Blah, I know most of my rural area by now, butt it still piss me off for those customers who don't want to bother with numbers...

View attachment 124837

I dunno what that BT 150 is, but that's not the house number... So I mark the utility pole on each side of the drive way with a sharpie

Probably a Fire Number used by the local volunteer Fire dept. or just the way the power company keeps track of their posts.