Mailbox numbers...

rod

Retired 22 years
Blah, I know most of my rural area by now, butt it still piss me off for those customers who don't want to bother with numbers...

View attachment 124837

I dunno what that BT 150 is, but that's not the house number... So I mark the utility pole on each side of the drive way with a sharpie

A lot of times the postman will write the address inside the mailbox lid. That comes in handy for those bare mailboxes the idiots use who think everybody knows them. Check that out.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
A lot of times the postman will write the address inside the mailbox lid. That comes in handy for those bare mailboxes the idiots use who think everybody knows them. Check that out.

Yeah, I actually had to use a sharpie to do that as well, after I peeked into the mail to make sure I was at the correct address. Me and my fellow drivers do this... in this case, they took down their mailbox and have their envelopes forwarded to a P O box

Oldfart

Yeah, I actually had to use a sharpie to do that as well, after I peeked into the mail to make sure I was at the correct address. Me and my fellow drivers do this... in this case, they took down their mailbox and have their envelopes forwarded to a P O box
You write the street number on the customers mailbox door? Not worth the potential complaint. You wouldn't bring street numbers and mount them on the house or mailbox. Ring the doorbell where you "think" they live and code it 03. Not your problem if they don't have street numbers. If they have to pick up their package enough times they will put numbers up.

OrioN

Yup, we ground and home delivery drivers do some crazy stuff, eh?

They can SMD if a customer complain about it.

" it was usps! They're known for doing that type of shenanigans. We only sign our powerpad for the customer and leave boxes of wine in plain sight "

#sarcasm or is it?!?

Yes, I'll use DEX 003 at first time I come across an unknown home. I also goto where I think the address is and if there's no one to confirm it, a DEX 007 with a status tags going into the unmarked mailbox or unmarked front door for them to sign and or call the 800# to confirm location

OrioN

Sooo, some residents actually did put some #s up... after a couple of temporary drivers were mis~delivering their Xmas presents

IMG_20180408_104229.jpg

Fork on a dirt road, only 3 houses a mile away from this point

IMG_20180408_104345.jpg

Sharpie on the yellow reflective square is better than nuthin'

And a couple of mailbox#s are now on !!!

I guess my hint that Wal-Mart sells them for less than a dollar each was heeded.

old levi's

blank space
Sooo, some residents actually did put some #s up... after a couple of temporary drivers were mis~delivering their Xmas presents

View attachment 190792

Fork on a dirt road, only 3 houses a mile away from this point

View attachment 190793

Sharpie on the yellow reflective square is better than nuthin'

And a couple of mailbox#s are now on !!!

I guess my hint that Wal-Mart sells them for less than a dollar each was heeded.

46 is nicely done!

bacha29

No names, no numbers, nothing.......... Customer: "Well we don't want people to know where we are". Me: Does that include police, ambulance fire and rescue"? Customer. Name's Charlie Redneck or is it Billy Joe Sixpack? Whatever. Customer:" Well everybody around here knows us"! Me: Everybody here in the 'holler" might know you but I never saw you before in my life......Oh, and by the way here's your prescriptions".

The trouble with mapping technology is that it's only as accurate as the information uploaded to it and is only based on those roads that are registered with the county. Still quite few out there that aren't. Not to mention the people who didn't like the new 911 address that was as assigned to them.... So they made up one they did like. Some paid the USPS to have their new and improved address registered with the USPS but did the USPS bother to inform the county and it's 911 center? We all know the answer to that one.

OrioN

Always hated the vinyl ones that would roll up in the sunlight, so everyone had the same number ( 111 ).
ANY# is better than nuthin... I would use my free package tape to roll it out flat again& sometimes use my sharpie on them

The mailboxes are lined up on the blacktop road at the edge of this tree. Only #44 still remains incognito and he only buys stuff made in the USA.

Sometimes just for fun, I'll driver release it to #46, so he can drive to that house to get his stuff LoL ~ still waiting for a dispute from this character

OrioN

It sucks that #44 has to live in an empty house. :sad:
???

He's off the grid... out hunting for venison or working on the fields of growing Mary Jane and other veggies. A huge field of solar panels on one side of his property as well

<shrugs>

OrioN

So this Monday, I'm helping the ground driver delivering most of his resis...

Had a dex 02 / 03 on the box from the previous week...

Drove to the stop to see an incomplete# on a mailbox.

Peeked inside to see no sharpie number, but the mail delivery person has came thru earlier.

Whew, found it!

Was pissed off so on the way out, I stop by to exercise my artistic skillz:
DSC_0002.JPG

IMG_20180709_220758.jpg

Texted the ground driver that he'll have no trouble finding this stop in the future, until the sun fades it away again

MAKAVELI

So this Monday, I'm helping the ground driver delivering most of his resis...

Had a dex 02 / 03 on the box from the previous week...

Drove to the stop to see an incomplete# on a mailbox.

Peeked inside to see no sharpie number, but the mail delivery person has came thru earlier.

Whew, found it!

Was :censored2: off so on the way out, I stop by to exercise my artistic skillz:
View attachment 201303

View attachment 201304

Texted the ground driver that he'll have no trouble finding this stop in the future, until the sun fades it away again
Do you ground guys have like zero memory?

OrioN

Apparently he's a new hire... they're supposed to merge/ split the area so ground & HD doesn't overlap anymore

Shrugs, easy $200 day

overflowed

Orion buddy, I used to do a rural route in the key peninsula in washington. Dude, don't write on those peoples mailbox. Most are in the boonies for a reason. I've talked to a bunch of those folks, quite a few are doing that to the mailbox on purpose. You don't want some tax evader pulling a gun on your sharpie man. Be easy bro.

vantexan

Was looking for an address in the 700's in Eagle Pass, TX. Gave up, was driving up the street, got lucky and saw it amongst the 300's. Asked them why it was there and lady said it was the only number available to give them at the time. Town was so different it actually sort of made sense.

dvalleyjim

Mail box numbers? How about street or road signs. I used to cover an area that literally had 1 road sign and you just had to "know" where all the other roads came in.
I have a route where you just have to know where the house is. One lady got an amazon that wasn't on the street but down a 3 mile mud lane with two houses that are unmarked.

I gave up and left it out by the mailboxes, I assumed it was the box with no markings and over stuffed with her amazon mail deliveries. One day I say her and she was all miffed and told me that GPS takes her right to her front door. Then launched into lecturing me about how a company like FedEx must have fine GPS equipment. I didn't bother telling her I don't work for FedEx but for a guy named Ed.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Orion buddy, I used to do a rural route in the key peninsula in washington. Dude, don't write on those peoples mailbox. Most are in the boonies for a reason. I've talked to a bunch of those folks, quite a few are doing that to the mailbox on purpose. You don't want some tax evader pulling a gun on your sharpie man. Be easy bro.
Ok,they can come pick the :censored2: up then

Mutineer

Many delivery driver's tales of woe and misery begin with "there was no number on the house so I"... (insert alcoholism inducing story here).

People who fail to properly mark their property while engaging in online shopping is one of those things that I hope there is a special place in hell for.

Last edited: