Major Furlough at Express?

dezguy

You are clueless on union dues. How much is your health insurance? Ups smokes us on pay and benefits, it’s not even comparable. It might have been 30 years ago
Next year, UPS in Canada will have a new contract and they will be well above $40 an hour by the end of those 3 years, along with maintaining the benefits and pension they currently have. Purolator will also be above $40 an hour after their next contract which I also believe is up next year, with maintaining their current benefits and pension.

Meanwhile, FedEx Canada gutted our health benefits, forcing people to choose between paying double what they were (Purolator and UPS don't pay into their benefits) in order to keep the same level of benefits we had just a year ago, or accept an inferior benefits package fully paid by the company. Let's not get into the pension they're so ready to push as better than UPS or Purolator because, even though we get a fraction in retirement to what UPS and Purolator employees get, when we die, our beneficiary gets all of what is remaining in our pension, subject to market volatility instead of 50% GUARANTEED money.

Any FedEx employee stating wages are a wash with the competition has been chugging that purple Kool aid and buying what management is selling. FedEx used to be close on compensation, now they're not even in the ball park.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Next year, UPS in Canada will have a new contract and they will be well above $40 an hour by the end of those 3 years, along with maintaining the benefits and pension they currently have. Purolator will also be above $40 an hour after their next contract which I also believe is up next year, with maintaining their current benefits and pension.

Meanwhile, FedEx Canada gutted our health benefits, forcing people to choose between paying double what they were (Purolator and UPS don't pay into their benefits) in order to keep the same level of benefits we had just a year ago, or accept an inferior benefits package fully paid by the company. Let's not get into the pension they're so ready to push as better than UPS or Purolator because, even though we get a fraction in retirement to what UPS and Purolator employees get, when we die, our beneficiary gets all of what is remaining in our pension, subject to market volatility instead of 50% GUARANTEED money.

Any FedEx employee stating wages are a wash with the competition has been chugging that purple Kool aid and buying what management is selling. FedEx used to be close on compensation, now they're not even in the ball park.
I’m curious D, don’t you guys have National healthcare? If so, why would you pay for FedEx’s crappy insurance?

dezguy

I’m curious D, don’t you guys have National healthcare? If so, why would you pay for FedEx’s crappy insurance?
Nationalized healthcare doesn't cover everything. Chiropractic, massage, stuff like that is out of pocket.

Dental and prescriptions are covered for some but only to a certain threshold of household income.

Our benefits package used to supplement what wasn't covered by provincial and territorial health plans. Not as much now.

lilwizbiz

You are clueless on union dues. How much is your health insurance? Ups smokes us on pay and benefits, it’s not even comparable. It might have been 30 years ago
Nah I worked in public transit as a bus driver for 3 years. I know exactly the shadiness with the unions. I don’t hate unions but let’s keep it real they are serpents. Raising dues out of nowhere, if y’all think they care about the workers I can guarantee you they don’t.

lilwizbiz

Deal hasn’t been reached yet, might be going to a strike in summer. At least keep it truthful mate lol

dezguy

Deal hasn’t been reached yet, might be going to a strike in summer. At least keep it truthful mate lol
You don't think they'll come to an agreement within a month? If you think they won't be getting well over $40 an hour by the end of the contract, I don't know what to tell you other than you need to stop buying what FedEx is telling you.

lilwizbiz

Nationalized healthcare doesn't cover everything. Chiropractic, massage, stuff like that is out of pocket.

Dental and prescriptions are covered for some but only to a certain threshold of household income.

Our benefits package used to supplement what wasn't covered by provincial and territorial health plans. Not as much now.
Benefits alright

lilwizbiz

You don't think they'll come to an agreement within a month? If you think they won't be getting well over $40 an hour by the end of the contract, I don't know what to tell you other than you need to stop buying what FedEx is telling you.
Still haven’t said where you are in Canada. They’re at about 35 rn my guess would be like 37-38 bud.

lilwizbiz

Why does it matter where I am? And they are not at 37-38, bud. They are just under 40.
Gonna wager a guess and say probably not even in Canada or in a very small very cheap cost of living part of the country which they accordingly price your rate at.

lilwizbiz

Nope but you can keep assuming if you'd like.
Yeah you’re lying through your teeth. Everyone and I mean everyone I know that’s been here at least 5 years makes over 32 dollars per
Hour and this is Toronto. If you’ve been for 5 years and you ain’t at the 5 year rate in your region then that’s a you problem. We don’t play about our pay here.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Why would express tell workers to work for a Ground contractor? Why would you think Ground contractors would automatically offer them employment? Contractors run independent businesses, Express drivers would not likely be a good fit at most Ground contractor companies. I’ve hired a few former Express drivers, they don’t work out, too soft.
Too soft? Yeah right. They probably quit on you real fast once they’ve seen how FUBAR Ground really is.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Yeah you’re lying through your teeth. Everyone and I mean everyone I know that’s been here at least 5 years makes over 32 dollars per
Hour and this is Toronto. If you’ve been for 5 years and you ain’t at the 5 year rate in your region then that’s a you problem. We don’t play about our pay here.
I really find this hard to believe. While I’m in the States, people after 20 years aren’t even making $32. I highly doubt FedEx is going to pay anyone, anywhere $32 after 5 years.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Also, @dezguy has been nothing but truthful as long as I’ve seen him on this site. You joined yesterday, so……

dezguy

Cool story, bro.

Keep lying to yourself. It's people like you who think job rate is a good deal, meanwhile it still takes over 10 years to get to top rate. UPS and Purolator take 4 years to get to top rate.

Meanwhile we keep falling well behind our closest competitors and you're cool with that. Good plan.