Major Furlough at Express?

lilwizbiz

Cool story, bro.

Keep lying to yourself. It's people like you who think job rate is a good deal, meanwhile it still takes over 10 years to get to top rate. UPS and Purolator take 4 years to get to top rate.

Meanwhile we keep falling well behind our closest competitors and you're cool with that. Good plan.
Yeah we take 5 and if you’re in Canada you would know that.

lilwizbiz

No, you get to job rate in 5. Top rate is beyond that. If you're in Canada, you would know that.
So 32 dollars isn’t good enough for you? That’s 67k without any OT with a Matched pension and good benefits. We have it better in Canada and that’s a fact. Ofc people that have been here for 10 years will get paid more cause they already ate :censored2: and were loyal to the company for that long. If you’re still complaining then you’re more than welcome to go to ups or purolator where at ups it’ll take you 4 years to even become a driver and plus another 4 years to hit top rate. So that’s what 8 years?

Last edited:

bacha29

Are those of you who are making wage comparisons between the US and Canada adjusting your numbers in accordance with the currency exchange rates between the US and Canada?

lilwizbiz

Are those of you who are making wage comparisons between the US and Canada adjusting your numbers in accordance with the currency exchange rates between the US and Canada?
Not sure but employers in general here do pay a lot less than the US. It’s BS but it is what it is. Tbf I don’t even know what FedEx pays in the US but if ups making over 40 and FedEx is in the mid 20s then that’s crazy because there should be an industry standard and idk why anyone would stay at FedEx and not switch to UPS or USPS

Guitarman01

Not sure but employers in general here do pay a lot less than the US. It’s BS but it is what it is. Tbf I don’t even know what FedEx pays in the US but if ups making over 40 and FedEx is in the mid 20s then that’s crazy because there should be an industry standard and idk why anyone would stay at FedEx and not switch to UPS or USPS
Because you have much less family time with those jobs. I think USPS is even worse because they are hurting for workers. I saw a postal worker making over 100k a year making 25 something an hr, but 23 hrs of overtime. Mailman shares 6-figure paycheck to recruit more postal workers: 'We need help desperately'

Last edited:

SFFX

lmao laying off 140,000 people? Definitely 0 truth to it these guys ain't tryna pay no severance to anybody, you clearly don't know how cheap this company is when it comes to paying the couriers. They just gonna cut hours to bare minimum and watch OT like a hawk for a few months. Same old BS as usual in the 20 years I've been here. Almost impossible to get fired here.
Please ill take 35hrs and home by 3.....sign me up!! So short staffed at my station, haven't done less than 55hrs a week in years. Things are going to change at Express, but it will be different for every station and region. If you dont do response now, the cancelation of it will not effect you. Station in no mans land with 1.5hr stems yea ground will take your stuff, that makes sense.

dezguy

So 32 dollars isn’t good enough for you? That’s 67k without any OT with a Matched pension and good benefits. We have it better in Canada and that’s a fact. Ofc people that have been here for 10 years will get paid more cause they already ate :censored2: and were loyal to the company for that long. If you’re still complaining then you’re more than welcome to go to ups or purolator where at ups it’ll take you 4 years to even become a driver and plus another 4 years to hit top rate. So that’s what 8 years?
Lol if you want to live your life believing less is more, god bless. Enjoy that Kool aid, bud.

lilwizbiz

Because you have much less family time with those jobs. I think USPS is even worse because they are hurting for workers. I saw a postal worker making over 100k a year making 20 something an hr, but 23 hrs of overtime per week lol. Mailman shares 6-figure paycheck to recruit more postal workers: 'We need help desperately
Lol if you want to live your life believing less is more, god bless. Enjoy that Kool aid, bud.
You too bud you’re the one with the FedEx display photo and yet still complaining about the company. Seems to me like you’re drinking a whole jug of kool aid. Doesn’t make sense why you’d cry and complain about a company and yet still choose to stay there I’ll never understand people like you. Ofc I think we should be paid more but that’s not in my control I only worry about the controllables. Like I said it’s a free economy and you’re more than welcome to go to ups or purolator mate.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Screenshot_20221124_141032.jpg

yadig

Nah I worked in public transit as a bus driver for 3 years. I know exactly the shadiness with the unions. I don’t hate unions but let’s keep it real they are serpents. Raising dues out of nowhere, if y’all think they care about the workers I can guarantee you they don’t.
You must be a new hire.