Make-Up Raise $1.35

km3

Ill be at UPS for 9 years in September. My first year I loaded, then switched to sorting to get the $1 raise. New hires here at our hub start at $10/hr or $11/hr if skilled. I have a time to think about things when I’m sorting by myself, and one of the things about this new proposed contract (there are a few) that keep rubbing me the wrong way is how people that have been here a very short time are going to get $1.35 higher raise than I am. Lets say you have a new hire that is an unloader/loader that’s been here a few months, which we have a lot of actually, well they are currently making $10/hr and are going to get a $3 raise if the contract passes. Then, by the end of the contract they will be at 15.50. That’s a $5.50 raise. Whereas I will be getting a $4.15 raise leaving a $1.35 gap. I feel part timers in my situation should get at least get the same $5.50 raise.

Just worry about yourself. As long as new hires aren't making more than you, there's no reason to obsess about it. It only makes you angry and paranoid.

LagunaBrown

Ill be at UPS for 9 years in September. My first year I loaded, then switched to sorting to get the $1 raise. New hires here at our hub start at $10/hr or $11/hr if skilled. I have a time to think about things when I’m sorting by myself, and one of the things about this new proposed contract (there are a few) that keep rubbing me the wrong way is how people that have been here a very short time are going to get $1.35 higher raise than I am. Lets say you have a new hire that is an unloader/loader that’s been here a few months, which we have a lot of actually, well they are currently making $10/hr and are going to get a $3 raise if the contract passes. Then, by the end of the contract they will be at 15.50. That’s a $5.50 raise. Whereas I will be getting a $4.15 raise leaving a $1.35 gap. I feel part timers in my situation should get at least get the same $5.50 raise.
9 years. What is the full time driving list at?

WorkingAsDirected

Days

Long story short, asking for a 5.50 raise is a bit bogus. If you did that at any other job you'd get laughed at. The 1.00-1.50 is at least fair and puts people above the new hire rate in 2023 by a wider margin.

If you really think about it, the people who are really getting screwed in the next contract are people hired after August 1, 2018. They do not receive the GWI and did not reach the 15.00 pay minimum. This means that if you were hired July 30,2018 you'd be making 4.00$ more in 2023 than an August 1, 2018 new hire.

4.00 difference because of one day

Time for change

Long story short, asking for a 5.50 raise is a bit bogus. If you did that at any other job you'd get laughed at. The 1.00-1.50 is at least fair and puts people above the new hire rate in 2023 by a wider margin.

If you really think about it, the people who are really getting screwed in the next contract are people hired after August 1, 2018. They do not receive the GWI and did not reach the 15.00 pay minimum. This means that if you were hired July 30,2018 you'd be making 4.00$ more in 2023 than an August 1, 2018 new hire.

4.00 difference because of one day
Very few are asking for $5.50 , most reasonable are in the $1.50 range and the skilled pay for all if they are going to call us all skilled and lock everyone not making the $1 currently out of it forever.