Making the switch to express?

overflowed

So as the title suggests I have an opportunity to make a switch to express from ground/home delivery.
Just curious to see what the big differences are? I’m running over 200 miles a day with 80 stops( 1 of my stops takes an hour and a half up a mountain) and my full time route is made to be super flexible so I’m in different areas daily which is kinda annoying. And make 130 a day. So definitely looking like I might switch.
Worked at Express for 10 years. Won't make any claim this is even a good company to work for. I will tell you in your position this is a much better deal. Don't even think about it...Don't listen to any contractors saying you have to follow rules. This is a job. It's very hard to be fired from Express.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Yeah that’s what I’m gonna shoot for. Just have to tell him I have a better opportunity. And it sucks Bc he’s prolly gonna beg to stay. He already lost 7-8 drivers in not even a year. He can’t keep anybody and he actually is a good boss and super nice. But money talks

Either he's not compensating his crew enough to keep them longer than a year, or he has to renegotiate his contract for more $$$

I agree, $130 / day isn't enough, even though you seem to have a light rural route with more windshield time between stops.

Preventable

You can actually move up in Express too, not that many do... you can go far and have a good career though if you get a degree and are prepared to deal with a little BS. Why would they though, there is at least sort of a way to reach top out now (we don't need to dissect this further its better than before, but yes Fred will probably pump the brakes on steps if we hit a downturn). And in most areas of the country being a topped out FedEx driver can set you up for a decent middle class life IMO.

bacha29

Either he's not compensating his crew enough to keep them longer than a year, or he has to renegotiate his contract for more $$$

I agree, $130 / day isn't enough, even though you seem to have a light rural route with more windshield time between stops.
Negotiate? Renegotiate? Orion right at the very beginning of the so called 'negotiations" X already has a maximum gross revenue number in place. The only 'negotiating" is over the question of which among the pockets available you want them to put it in.

bbsam

Staff member
Negotiate? Renegotiate? Orion right at the very beginning of the so called 'negotiations" X already has a maximum gross revenue number in place. The only 'negotiating" is over the question of which among the pockets available you want them to put it in.
They’re called “buckets”...hellooooo!