management blunders!!!

psstdrvr

yesterday in our center management found a pkg car with 188 delivery stops in it at 5:00 pm still parked on the boxline.... talk about service failures! Too bad they're not held to the same high standards we are. Sups used to walk the line to check for missed pieces. I'm starting to see what wall street has been seeing for quite some time now......mismanagement!!

DS

Fenderbender
I once had an optional day off and my sup completely forgot about my biggest pickup,which got missed .When I found out I typed him up a heavy duty letter of reprimand like they give us ,right up to the right up to and including dismissal part.He got a laugh out of it and when I asked him if he tossed it,he said no,I put in my file.

over9five

Staff member
Every once in a while we hear of some feeder sup getting transferred for forgetting a trailer out in the yard. I suppose its a lot more packages, but it is the same thing as the package car being left all day.

DS

Fenderbender
A few months ago some feeder driver took a trailer of ground, bound for Halifax it got to Vancouver by the time they realized it.Thats almost 3000 miles difference.

wornoutupser

Our building recently had about 150 pieces of computers come in from one of the national computer companies.
They did not go out that day because no one had room to take them and there were no more vehicles to use.
UPS called the school that they were going to and delivered them early the next day.
The interesting part is the the tracking shows all of them as "known closed-future".
The school was wide open all day long. That seems like a cover up to me!
Just my honorable opinion.

25yrvet

P/T preload sup left a 40% trailer in the parking lot late last year. She was 'repremanded'. Sorry to say this, but it is the truth---If it had been a male that did the same thing HE would be gone!:bored:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Well 25yr vet, at least SHE got reprimanded. I see mgmt blunders all the time and HE doesnt get reprimanded at all, but if it was a SHE I betcha SHE would. Then again they are united on Covering their A** when THEY make a mistake.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I Just think its a "they" know how to cover up for each other, "they've" been doing it for a while. But thats just my HO in an outlying center in the rust belt. And it is just part of my complaint that "we" are the only ones held accountable. I think if "they" could admit to a mistake without fear of being fired, since "we" are all human, more things "could" get fixed.

over9five

Staff member
They are so afraid of their superiors. I can't believe some of the BS that comes down from above, and my management team cannot just tell them when something won't work.

If you're not a yes man, you'll never get into management. Or maybe they beat you into submission in Brainwash School.

I'd love to see my manager take a stand, and DO THE RIGHT THING...... but I'm sure he'd be transferred pretty fast. Upper management doesn't want to hear the truth. They only want to hear, "Yes" "Yes" 'Yes", no matter how stupid, insane, immoral, or assbackward the idea.

tieguy

Banned
over9five said:
They are so afraid of their superiors. I can't believe some of the BS that comes down from above, and my management team cannot just tell them when something won't work.

If you're not a yes man, you'll never get into management. Or maybe they beat you into submission in Brainwash School.

I'd love to see my manager take a stand, and DO THE RIGHT THING...... but I'm sure he'd be transferred pretty fast. Upper management doesn't want to hear the truth. They only want to hear, "Yes" "Yes" 'Yes", no matter how stupid, insane, immoral, or assbackward the idea.

Lol,
good thread. I'm definitely finding out all of managements faults.

The missed package car scenario that started this thread. Some preload sup will get reamed for not making sure everything on his belt was not dispatched. Some delivery sup and manager the same. Write ups will be collected in which each has to say what happened. They will be expected to put down on paper what they personally did wrong to contribute to this service failure and what they will do different to fix it in the future. If one of them has had a recent service failure of this type then they either will lose money as something is taken from them or they could be put on 30 days straighten up or lose your job notice or both. All of this will happen without being shared with any of you or advertised in any way. The only thing that will be covered up is the punishment. Who got it and how much.

As far as speaking our minds the game is different the results can still be the same. You don't embarrass a boss by disagreeing with his plan in public you do it behind closed doors or off to the side. A boss who rules with an iron will and no feedback from those who report to him is one that will not be successful. That does not change anywhere regardless of who the boss may be.