Management Pension Buyout conversation time, again...

dudebro

Let's see how good the rumor mill is. I heard:

1) Pension frozen at 55 with no further contribution
2) Buyout of eligible (55 and over) management (this one always creeps in).
3) 50-55 no changes, under 50, it's the Pauli scene from Goodfellas. They hand you a few thousand bucks and say, "Now, I gotta turn my back on you". No pension. Be smart and roll it in your 401k, don't buy a Mustang.
4) No "early" retirement credit to healthcare. You work to 65 and go on Medicaid at that time. Leave before 65 and you're on your own.

I know 2 and 4 kind of conflict. But - rumors are worth the paper they're written on...

Returntosender

IMG_2197.JPG

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Now, it makes Uber look like Disney...

I heard the "Buyout" would be 1 credit (equaling $3000) for each year of employment. So, if you've got 25 years, they'll give you $75,000. That doesn't sound right to me though. I'll be stuck cleaning up because I have neither 25 Years or over 55. Or I'll go to McDonalds...

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Now, it makes Uber look like Disney...

I heard the "Buyout" would be 1 credit (equaling $3000) for each year of employment. So, if you've got 25 years, they'll give you $75,000. That doesn't sound right to me though. I'll be stuck cleaning up because I have neither 25 Years or over 55. Or I'll go to McDonalds...

Good luck to ya

Sounds like your gonna need it

Furguson555

Let's see how good the rumor mill is. I heard:

1) Pension frozen at 55 with no further contribution
2) Buyout of eligible (55 and over) management (this one always creeps in).
3) 50-55 no changes, under 50, it's the Pauli scene from Goodfellas. They hand you a few thousand bucks and say, "Now, I gotta turn my back on you". No pension. Be smart and roll it in your 401k, don't buy a Mustang.
4) No "early" retirement credit to healthcare. You work to 65 and go on Medicaid at that time. Leave before 65 and you're on your own.

I know 2 and 4 kind of conflict. But - rumors are worth the paper they're written on...

Contributions to any pension plan, so both the traditional and portable, stop on January 1 2023. If you retire before then you aren't affected in anyway. After 2023 you just get a 401k contribution which will go up to match what the company started offering new hires last year after they dumped the pension for new employees. Health care credits are not affected.

Auditor

Contributions to any pension plan, so both the traditional and portable, stop on January 1 2023. If you retire before then you aren't affected in anyway. After 2023 you just get a 401k contribution which will go up to match what the company started offering new hires last year after they dumped the pension for new employees. Health care credits are not affected.

This fits with my theory that the Management Committee won't fark the rest of us on anything that will fark themselves at the same time. Most of them are in their late 50s and will be retiring within a few years, so they'll all get theirs. Very predictable. Fark the rest of us who will still be around. Thanks partners! And fark them and their upspac crap. Not a penny from me!

Dragon

Package Center Manager

Still a rumor right?

Brownwifey

Statement is on upsers.com since info has leaked to the news. It says management pension benefits will be frozen Jan 1 2023. No change to anyone before then.

Doesn't specify what will happen to folks who won't be 55 by then. No medical?? Seems like ferguson555 had it nailed in post #51. Upsers statement implied they will transition in Jan 2013 to higher 401k match offered currently to younger management with no pension.

Guys who will be screwed are in their 40's who haven't contributed enough to 401k. Millenials don't expect pension.

Last edited:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
This only confirms that monkey butt is full of merde!
Merde in your face!

UPS to freeze pension plans for nonunion staffers - Fox Business

United Parcel Service is planning to freeze pension plans for thousands of nonunion employees, seeking to contain the burden of a retirement fund with a nearly $10 billion deficit.

The carrier is expected to announce measures to corral the rising pension obligations to its workforce Wednesday, people familiar with the matter said. Other details couldn't be learned.

UPS has more than 434,000 workers world-wide, with more than 80% in the U.S. Most of them are unionized. Any retirement-plan changes would apply only to management employees, who number 78,000.