Manager Bonuses

MassWineGuy

I learned today our ops mgrs got $25,000 bonuses and the senior mgr got $60,000. Guess that answers where it’s going. Certainly not into new vehicles or equipment. Yuck.

Maui

I think you’re in a higher level market, but those seem out of line with what was given. These probably aren’t accurate and inflated.

purplelife

Manager bonus is 15% of pay for the year. Senior manager is 20%. Last year they were funded at 150% so pretty much 1.5x.
The senior in this thread who got 60k would have to make 200,000 a year to get that 60k, which isn't even possible for a senior manager.
Someone was inflating those numbers for sure.

AB831

I learned today our ops mgrs got $25,000 bonuses and the senior mgr got $60,000. Guess that answers where it’s going. Certainly not into new vehicles or equipment. Yuck.
$25,000 for what? Sitting at a desk all day and not answering their phone when their couriers call?

MassWineGuy

One of our ops mgrs became a senior manager and makes $160,000, according to a courier turned mgr from our station. So maybe our SM does make $200,000.

Maui

One of our ops mgrs became a senior manager and makes $160,000, according to a courier turned mgr from our station. So maybe our SM does make $200,000.
No. It’s beyond the max and even 160k is above max in a B0. I do believe 160 was possible last year if the bonus was included for Seniors in higher markets or in position for a long while.

These salaries are not what most Seniors make though. It’s much lower.

Fedexcellent

No. It’s beyond the max and even 160k is above max in a B0. I do believe 160 was possible last year if the bonus was included for Seniors in higher markets or in position for a long while.

So then what does a starting senior manager make in a market such as Houston, for instance? I've heard a huge range from various people and always been curious what is closer to reality. One former manager swore that starting seniors make only about 90k but I thought it was higher than that. And he said top of range is more like 120k. I know in Texas starting managers are a little over 70k so I would assume a senior would make at least 30k above that

whenIgetthere

About ten years ago, my manager told me he made $55K salary, on the Base pay scale. Don't know how accurate that was, but 160 seems a stretch for an OM.

purplelife

Those aren't possible, even in like San Fran. Just like most couriers, managers and seniors rarely get to top pay. They have gotten 2% raises last 5 years. Top pay for a grade 29 senior in B0 is about 12k a month - 144k. I know a senior who has 38 years with company, 20 as a senior and is only at 50% of range- 10k a month. If an ops manager just became a senior, it's highly unlikely they make over 8k a month.

purplelife

So then what does a starting senior manager make in a market such as Houston, for instance? I've heard a huge range from various people and always been curious what is closer to reality. One former manager swore that starting seniors make only about 90k but I thought it was higher than that. And he said top of range is more like 120k. I know in Texas starting managers are a little over 70k so I would assume a senior would make at least 30k above that
It depends. A manager is generally a grade 26, seniors are usually 28 or if at a very large station a 29. Usually about 5% jump in pay for each grade you go up. Recently they changed it so managers and seniors start at 10% of range for salary. Starting monthly for a grade 28 in b0 is about 6800 a month I think, last time I checked.