Mandatory masks

AwashBwashCwash

I'm sure if I surveyed households with UPS employees they would agree with the policy. Well at least in my area...

I think you're delusional.
It's 100% unpopular at my building and it's vastly unpopular on both browncafe and upsers.
There's 3 different samples that all conclude the same thing.

AnonPreLoader

UPS on their website is saying that those who have received a medical exemption for a mask will be required to wear a face shield.
Furthermore the CDC on their website says that they do not recommend face shields as a replacement for masks.

There's no logic or reason to any of this. They're just making :censored2: up at this point. None of it matters except that you SHUT UP and COMPLY.

We are doing it because of liability.
Pray it does not get worse than wearing masks.

zimbomb

I think you're delusional.
It's 100% unpopular at my building and it's vastly unpopular on both browncafe and upsers.
There's 3 different samples that all conclude the same thing.
I live in a major metropolitan area in a blue state. As I said if I was to poll members of households with a ups employee the majority would agree with a mask requirement. Most probably assume it's already R̶e̶q̶u̶i̶r̶e̶d̶ enforced because existing of state mandates.

Last edited:

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
We are doing it because of liability.
Pray it does not get worse than wearing masks.

tenor (14).gif

M0UBGOMTja9pHsLr7RkHWgZKO2dDVHSyR5NKEPXVT_4.gif

Is it a coincidence that Darth Vader is wearing a mask? I think not.

vvv

We have drivers getting warning letters from customer complaints about face masks.

Refer back to the comment I made pretty much exactly 3 months ago when I mentioned the company should stop taking in over 70LB packages due to the fact that you can't safely distance and stay 6' or more apart to help one another which breaks the guidelines of the health organizations recommendations. And most over 70LB packages are less than 6' in length.

Company of course overlooks this because they have to have those money makers in the system. They are well aware that this breaks rules yet want that revenue stream. Yet now 4+ months later they want to keep everyone "safe" and mask them up and pass a workplace mandate to follow health guidelines. Strange no?? Are they also gonna finally follow that up and cut off the over 70's.....doubt it.

Some of you thought I should just "man up" and such and get it done. As I said before and now I'll say it again.....no thanks.
I have a long memory and look far ahead as well for two face displays such as this. Company is very selective as to when something benefits them.

Get wise or get walked on gentlemen.

RadTrad

Let's Go Brandon!
Rumor is it’s coming nationwide.
We were just told today that they are mandatory as of tomorrow. I am a PT Sup and told my FT Manager that I will no wear one. Come hell or high water, write me up, fire me IDK I will not wear one. He said I have to sign something, they will give me a face shield and they can't force me to wear the face shield.

Makiveli

It’s 90 degrees in my building, it’s from the 70s a converted machine shop they rent out. :censored2: doing all those heavy weights with a mask, after 7 hours on preload it’s deathly. I’m 28 I won’t die. They gave me a face shield. I simply wear it upside down and that’s good enough for them. It’s prob the insurance making them do it.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
My dad. 65 year old Roofer and hopeless alcholic.

"People just need to learn how to :censored2:ing die!!!"
I have an uncle who’s 70 and a hopeless alcoholic. My family constantly tries to interfere with his life and MAKE him change. I get it, I know it’s out of love, it’s not a bad thing....but the man has lived 70 friend’ing years and busted his ass to provide a good living for his family. Was a great dad. Good husband. Let the man go out the way he wants...I just go chat and have a bourbon with him whenever I see him and enjoy the time I have with him.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I have an uncle who’s 70 and a hopeless alcoholic. My family constantly tries to interfere with his life and MAKE him change. I get it, I know it’s out of love, it’s not a bad thing....but the man has lived 70 friend’ing years and busted his ass to provide a good living for his family. Was a great dad. Good husband. Let the man go out the way he wants...I just go chat and have a bourbon with him whenever I see him and enjoy the time I have with him.

You know why men, on average, die younger than their wives? Because they want to.