Mandatory masks

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
UPS will be supplying face shields to the weak employees who can't handle wearing a mask...

"Face Shields
It is not known if face shields provide any benefit as source control to protect others from the spray of respiratory particles. CDC does not recommend use of face shields for normal everyday activities or as a substitute for cloth face coverings. Some people may choose to use a face shield when sustained close contact with other people is expected. If face shields are used without a mask, they should wrap around the sides of the wearer’s face and extend to below the chin. Disposable face shields should only be worn for a single use. Reusable face shields should be cleaned and disinfected after each use..."

zimbomb

I'm not debating the usefulness of a face shield, simply reiterating what UPS put out on upsers.com. can't mask = face shield

Kmcd

"Face Shields
It is not known if face shields provide any benefit as source control to protect others from the spray of respiratory particles. CDC does not recommend use of face shields for normal everyday activities or as a substitute for cloth face coverings. Some people may choose to use a face shield when sustained close contact with other people is expected. If face shields are used without a mask, they should wrap around the sides of the wearer’s face and extend to below the chin. Disposable face shields should only be worn for a single use. Reusable face shields should be cleaned and disinfected after each use..."
Have you read each and everything about COVID? It changes from week to week! It's on packages ohh no it's not surfaces? Airborne? Surface?maybe?6ft apart? But we will have 2 unloaders in a truck? Some centers go on break at same time but in same hub preload is stagered? Have to make sure trucks leave on time!! They make their own rules they don't care about :censored2:

AwashBwashCwash

I got a doctor's note to get out of the mask thing.
That was yesterday. Guess we will see if they make me start wearing a face shield lol.
Some guy walking into the building wearing a welding helmet yesterday.
This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Have you read each and everything about COVID? It changes from week to week! It's on packages ohh no it's not surfaces? Airborne? Surface?maybe?6ft apart? But we will have 2 unloaders in a truck? Some centers go on break at same time but in same hub preload is stagered? Have to make sure trucks leave on time!! They make their own rules they don't care about :censored2:

No, they know all they need to by now. Whoever it is that is creating the confusion is doing it on purpose. Covid can spread through contact with contaminated surfaces and subsequent face touching. It can spread through large airborne droplets from coughing and sneezing. It doesn't spread through casual contact. Very rarely is it spread by asymptomatic/presymptomatic people, and then only with long term exposure. The main driver of the spread is between people spending long periods of time in close quarters, due to increased levels of infectious particles in the air and on surfaces increasing risks of exposure. These are all certainties.

Masks/face coverings catch large droplets, which can, presumably, reduce infectious particles in the environment, but it is unkown by how much. And it is known that wearing the same mask for long periods of time does not reduce infectious particles. The CDC and OSHA are both failing to inform the public that extended wear of the same face mask is hazardous to both the wearer and people around them. This will come back to bite them in the end.

The most important thing UPS can do is properly ventilating the facilities. This is never talked about though. Instead they focus on half assed attempts at appearing to do something, all while increasing risks to employees.

Kmcd

No, they know all they need to by now. Whoever it is that is creating the confusion is doing it on purpose. Covid can spread through contact with contaminated surfaces and subsequent face touching. It can spread through large airborne droplets from coughing and sneezing. It doesn't spread through casual contact. Very rarely is it spread by asymptomatic/presymptomatic people, and then only with long term exposure. The main driver of the spread is between people spending long periods of time in close quarters, due to increased levels of infectious particles in the air and on surfaces increasing risks of exposure. These are all certainties.

Masks/face coverings catch large droplets, which can, presumably, reduce infectious particles in the environment, but it is unkown by how much. And it is known that wearing the same mask for long periods of time does not reduce infectious particles. The CDC and OSHA are both failing to inform the public that extended wear of the same face mask is hazardous to both the wearer and people around them. This will come back to bite them in the end.

The most important thing UPS can do is proper ventilation of the facilities. This is never talked about though. Instead they focus on half assed attempts at appearing to do something, all while increasing risks to employees.
As long as they make their $$$

Faceplanted

I got a doctor's note to get out of the mask thing.
That was yesterday. Guess we will see if they make me start wearing a face shield lol.
Some guy walking into the building wearing a welding helmet yesterday.
This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen.
I don’t see how a face shield is any different than a mask concerning a medical exemption. If you have general anxiety or claustrophobia, a face shield causes the same feeling. You should be exempt from a shield as well.

AwashBwashCwash

I don’t see how a face shield is any different than a mask concerning a medical exemption. If you have general anxiety or claustrophobia, a face shield causes the same feeling. You should be exempt from a shield as well.

UPS on their website is saying that those who have received a medical exemption for a mask will be required to wear a face shield.
Furthermore the CDC on their website says that they do not recommend face shields as a replacement for masks.

There's no logic or reason to any of this. They're just making :censored2: up at this point. None of it matters except that you SHUT UP and COMPLY.

Kmcd

I got the same note from Dr but if ups doesn't provide I'm all set!!

Kmcd

UPS on their website is saying that those who have received a medical exemption for a mask will be required to wear a face shield.
Furthermore the CDC on their website says that they do not recommend face shields as a replacement for masks.

There's no logic or reason to any of this. GreeThey're just making :censored2: up at this point. None of it matters except that you SHUT UP and COMPLY.
But don't shut up and make noise and let them know that you don't agree!!