Mandatory not so mandatory?

I watch a contractor pull my trailer I used to pull every night. It’s amazing to watch other people do our work while they spend all this money training us. They leased a ton of Werner, Triple Crown and Swift trailers so they can give away our work while not being noticed as much. No one does a thing about it.
Best contract ever...

What'dyabringmetoday???

I watch a contractor pull my trailer I used to pull every night. It’s amazing to watch other people do our work while they spend all this money training us. They leased a ton of Werner, Triple Crown and Swift trailers so they can give away our work while not being noticed as much. No one does a thing about it.
Big Union Man respectfully disagrees. Lol.

El Correcto

god is dead
I'm trying to point out not everything is specifically laid out in the contract.

Let's play this out a little.

You're told you're being forced in for a 6th day punch and the company is following seniority.

You don't show or call out.

Company writes you up for a NCNS.

You continue to do it and they fire you after the 3rd weekend in a row.

Now you file a grievance for wrongful termination. Per our contract the company doesn't have to have a local meeting for 10 days.

Let's say they stand strong and send you to the next level. Now you're looking at another 20 days on top of that 10.

My point is that this is all up for interpretation and I'd rather people call out "sick" and deal with attendance issues (which are easy to fight right now with covid19) than not call because the contract doesn't specifically say they can't be forced.
No way I have too much integrity to lie to them.
I’d just call them in the morning and let them know I’m ready to be forced into work anytime they grow a set of balls big enough to come do it.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
I don't think a buck or two an hour or more is living wage.
What minions people fill to realize that a part-time job at UPS is not meant to sustain a family. It is a stepping stone into getting into driving and making some real money.

Get the big picture
Not technically.

It's a stepping stone to 22.4...

Which is NO WHERE NEAR package car driver pay.

But tomato tomato.

NAHimGOOD

With that said....

I'll never work an off day even though I would love the money.

If I'm working 13hrs 5 days.... RPCD works 8-10 5 days and make more...

Why on Gods green earth would I come in on a off day, work 10hrs and still make less than a regular driver coming in for 5hrs.

But again... Tomato tomato.

With that said....

I'll never work an off day even though I would love the money.

If I'm working 13hrs 5 days.... RPCD works 8-10 5 days and make more...

Why on Gods green earth would I come in on a off day, work 10hrs and still make less than a regular driver coming in for 5hrs.

But again... Tomato tomato.
Bank that money while you are young, you appreciate later on in life

NAHimGOOD

Bank that money while you are young, you appreciate later on in life
Trust me, if pay for the same job was fairly distributed amongst the individuals doing the same job.... I'd be willing to risk my health a little more.

If I demolish my body for substandard pay... I won't even be able to make it to this "later on in life" with still having my knees.

Trust me, if pay for the same job was fairly distributed amongst the individuals doing the same job.... I'd be willing to risk my health a little more.

If I demolish my body for substandard pay... I won't even be able to make it to this "later on in life" with still having my knees.
We all had to start somewhere.

NAHimGOOD

We all had to start somewhere.
Not disputing that at all brother.

But....

Your start, progression and future end point are a lot greener than the landfill we were handed.

Again, not knocking it because I'm fair enough to see both sides.

Just wish that fairness was afforded to others on the job.