Marijuana the legalization of it?

wkmac

Pot smokers will be easy to spot ... they'll be the ones going 40 mph on the Interstate.

And in complete panic and fear screaming

SLOW DOWN!
SLOW DOWN!
You're gonna get us killed!!!!!!!!

:happy-very::happy-very::happy-very:

Good comical point Hoax.

Along the same line of driving stoned, several years ago Volkswagon came out with a Jetta commercial that my wife and I said whoever did this smoked weed at some point.

[video=youtube;x4GCq56bq_k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4GCq56bq_k[/video]

I always loved that commercial because it reminded me of "WAY BACK in the day!" I always think of Wishbone Ash "Argus" on the 8-Track, cruising the back,country roads (now city roads :sad-very:) and knocking a dent in a fresh OZ and a pack of ZigZag papers!
:wink2:

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol
Good, then maybe they'll legalize prostitution, armed robbery and murder. I can't wait.

I don't know where you got those ideas from my post but okay. I also don't judge people because they have tattoos and dreadlocks. Thank god you are not a cop because I think you might get caught up in profiling...

wkmac

Yes

Quite possibly. So?

What about them? Are you saying we need a special law for every person who "might" make a bad decision?

Since not everyone is of the same mind, why are we making laws to try and force everyone to act the same? Should we criminalize every behavior that you personally don't agree with? On what grounds? If you have read or know of a creditable study which demonstrates conclusively that marijuana use is so catastrophic in it's consequences to society as a whole that our only recourse is to criminalize it and spend billions of taxpayer dollars in a never ending "war on drugs", in addition to locking up thousands of otherwise law abiding citizens for the terrible crime of smoking a plant, I would love to see it.

Jonesy,

You just can't stop using rational logic can you?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Since not everyone is of the same mind, why are we making laws to try and force everyone to act the same?

For just that reason. Since everyone isn't of the same mind, we need a standard that everyone can abide by. Without these laws/rules there would be lawlessness and chaos. The law simply states the governing body's standard of right and wrong.

It's illegal just because they say it's illegal. Why? For what legitimate reasons?.

For the same reason I stated above.

And just to be a smart a** yes, I can pick and choose which laws to obey or disobey, doesn't mean I don't have to deal with the consequences of those laws..

Agreed!

I could go on all day with this one. Tackling the short point first, No I have not done a study on this. Have you? What gives you the right any more than I to debate this then? Right....

I have tons of personal experience in this area, no Phd, but experience, nevertheless.

Now, lots of things are legal that have no health benefit. The obvious here would be: Give me the health benefits of tobacco and alcohol. But getting away from those two, how about fried food, McDonalds, Candy, Fats, Oils, I could go on and on with food. Where's the health benefit in driving? Much healthier to walk. Outlaw 'em all I say! What I would question you, is what are the health risks vs alcohol. Which is worse, because it can be assumed that they would both be used the same..

That's a huge segue, to draw attention away from the fact that marijuana is a drug, as is alcohol, and equally addicting. I guess we could say that all of the above things, are things that can be chosen, so choose wisely. On the other hand, the law was established so that you wouldn't have to make marijuana any of your choices.

This is one of my pet peeves with the whole subject. No, I would not smoke while working just as I would not drink. You're analyzing way too much here. Yes, it impairs you. If it did not, there would be no point in using it.The original point I was making is so does alcohol, but Marijuana does it to a lesser degree..

Am I analyzing too much? Why do you feel the need to be impaired, whether it's drugs or alcohol. Is there something in our lives that is broken and needs to be fixed?

Anyway, I do like a nice heated debate.
Now, if only more people in Washington would debate like this, maybe this country could get it's head out of its behind.

I'll debate you, but there's no heat here. Just giving you MHO.

Now that you mention it, I think I recall they actually did smoke some in Up In Smoke. But I'm not sure; it's been a while.

Short term memory loss?:wink2:

I Wonder if this will be the next proposition that people try to pass?

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
Along the same line of driving stoned, several years ago Volkswagon came out with a Jetta commercial that my wife and I said whoever did this smoked weed at some point.

wkmac, the song, if you want to search for it, is Jung at Heart by Master Cylinder. I like to listen to it when I am driving, but of course without being under the influence :happy2:.

diesel96

Maybe one day I'll met Deisel in the first legal Cannabis Coffee Shop in the U.S
and we can :cigarsmoker::cigarsmoker::cigarsmoker::cigarsmoker: settle our

scores once and for all....:happy2:

Cool, and lets bring our laptops like they do at Starbucks and pretend to be important people....lol

http://www.oaksterdamuniversity.com/

Same for the state of Kentucky and many parts of Appalachia. At least it was 4 - 5 years ago.

Can you imagine.....Kentucky burbon and weed stilled and grown on the same property....you'll never have to leave the house.

Sammie,

My guess, if you joined D in a reefer bar to settle your differences, the outcome would most likely be very peaceful. Typically marijuana induces a state of contentment or in other words, you're to stoned to give a :censored2: :happy-very:.

That was another fear of society planners that a society allowed the free and open use of this drug would devolve into an undriven, uncaring and unmotivated society. How can you build an empire when the self interests of the individual is to roll play Cheech and Chong!

By the time you and D knocked the better part of a dimebag out, (RIP Dimebag Darrell) you'd probably be the best of BUDS!

I'd have Sammie wearing a "Make Love Not War" T-shirt by the time we walked, no stumbled out of the reefer bar....lol

Just because something is legal, doesn't make it right. Think about this when your kids say, I'm going to the store to get some Pot. There is no benefit to the user whatsoever. Just because it makes you mellow, and not a mad person, that makes it okay? I know plenty of funny drunks. I guess you'll, not just you JJJ, but all those in favor of legalization, just add this to the list of drugs that people "need" in order to live, cope, deal with life.

Whatever happened to living life as it is? Why do I need to smoke pot, drink alcohol, do narcotics, take Prozac, xanax, get tattooed, grow dreadlocks? Don't you know that all of this stuff leads to the eventual disaster of society? People will be high at work. People will smoke pot in the car with their kids, like they do cigarettes. Where will it all end? It's a slippery slope, that need not be traversed. JMHO, as always.

I was going to highlight the parts I disagreed with, but decided I disagree with all of this. The problem with you young people, is that you don't look at what the consequences of your actions would be down the road. Why don't you sit down and think about the things you've posted. Think about them honestly and get back here and post your conclusion. You may want to sober up before you start your thought process.

We do the best we can as parents to educate our kids to make smart choices. Best choices of course is to stay on the straight and narrow. But you know breathing air can be harmful if exposed to certain airborne carcinogens. Then, there are activities without a Doctors note
such as alcohol, tabacco, pot, houka that reduce stress, calm nerves, soothes, and unwinds, but only if experienced with moderation. If one suffers from an addictive personality than maybe one shouldn't partake in such activities. But as long as one is not bothering anybody and is still productive and responsible at home, around kids, and at work, I see no harm.
And if my kid told me he's going to the store to by pot, my answer would be, thx for being honest with me. At least he's not doing it behind my back. Then he would say " Do you want me to pick up a pack of smokes and a bottle of rum for you Dad?....:wink2:

Wkmac,

When did you take up mind reading? My sentiments exactly. But I somehow don't visualize D as a cherisher of the sacred herb...

Been wrong before, tho. He may well leave that reefer bar wailing
out "We are familee! Get up everybody and SING!" :happy-very:

"We are familee.....I got all my brothers and me!" :thumbup:
My Class A CDL is a real party pooper...:dissapointed:

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol
This is just like having a Conceal Carry Permit, (which I have) and still haven't found that perfect crime to use it on. I don't think crime in Ohio is out of control since the law has been passed.

I guess the only way to get Steves approval is to train for marathons and eat organic and have perfect kids.

I also have a tattoo, have a ccw permit, drink a little beer, and never been arrested, never been to jail, but since I do have these things it just will be a matter of time. lol

wkmac

Wkmac,

When did you take up mind reading? My sentiments exactly. But I somehow don't visualize D as a cherisher of the sacred herb...

Been wrong before, tho. He may well leave that reefer bar wailing
out "We are familee! Get up everybody and SING!" :happy-very:

LMAO!!!!! I won't speak for D as it pertains to partaking of "The Weed" but I'd bet he'd chug a few beers or other adult beverage with ya!

I never cared much for alcohol. A 12 pack even now would last me all year as about the only time I drink is a beer when grilling out or when we eat out for a steak. Outside of that, I got no use for alcohol myself. Between smoking pot and doing my drug of choice back in the 70's, that being LSD (no bad trips and I loved it) by the late 70's I was done. Just didn't see the point anymore. Except for that occassional beer, I'm a tea totaler now when it comes to any mind altering substance of any kind.

Been there, done that, what's the point now kinda thingy!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
This is just like having a Conceal Carry Permit, (which I have) and still haven't found that perfect crime to use it on. I don't think crime in Ohio is out of control since the law has been passed.

I guess the only way to get Steves approval is to train for marathons and eat organic and have perfect kids.

I also have a tattoo, have a ccw permit, drink a little beer, and never been arrested, never been to jail, but since I do have these things it just will be a matter of time. lol

You don't need my approval. I was just stating MHO. Doesn't mean we can't be friends. BTW, we are far from the Brady Bunch here, my friend.

LMAO!!!!! I won't speak for D as it pertains to partaking of "The Weed" but I'd bet he'd chug a few beers or other adult beverage with ya!

I never cared much for alcohol. A 12 pack even now would last me all year as about the only time I drink is a beer when grilling out or when we eat out for a steak. Outside of that, I got no use for alcohol myself. Between smoking pot and doing my drug of choice back in the 70's, that being LSD (no bad trips and I loved it) by the late 70's I was done. Just didn't see the point anymore. Except for that occassional beer, I'm a tea totaler now when it comes to any mind altering substance of any kind.

Been there, done that, what's the point now kinda thingy!

Guess we've lived similarly. This is a very good point you make, wkmac, I agree.

wkmac

Cool, and lets bring our laptops like they do at Starbucks and pretend to be important people....lol

http://www.oaksterdamuniversity.com/

Can you imagine.....Kentucky burbon and weed stilled and grown on the same property....you'll never have to leave the house.

I'd have Sammie wearing a "Make Love Not War" T-shirt by the time we walked, no stumbled out of the reefer bar....lol

We do the best we can as parents to educate our kids to make smart choices. Best choices of course is to stay on the straight and narrow. But you know breathing air can be harmful if exposed to certain airborne carcinogens. Then, there are activities without a Doctors note
such as alcohol, tabacco, pot, houka that reduce stress, calm nerves, soothes, and unwinds, but only if experienced with moderation. If one suffers from an addictive personality than maybe one shouldn't partake in such activities. But as long as one is not bothering anybody and is still productive and responsible at home, around kids, and at work, I see no harm.
And if my kid told me he's going to the store to by pot, my answer would be, thx for being honest with me. At least he's not doing it behind my back. Then he would say " Do you want me to pick up a pack of smokes and a bottle of rum for you Dad?....:wink2:

"We are familee.....I got all my brothers and me!" :thumbup:
My Class A CDL is a real party pooper...:dissapointed:

LMFAO @ D!
That laptop/starbucks comment was just killer!
:happy-very::happy-very::happy-very:

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
The problem I have with the comparison with alcohol is this.

I can sit and drink a beer in a room with you and no one gets drunk but me.
You can sit and smoke a joint in the room with me around and I can lose my job with a positive drug test on contact high.

I have no issue with making it legal. I would expect all companies to double if not triple their drug testing programs which would cost big bucks. Even if it is subsidized by the government, that is coming right out of the tax money they would be collecting.

As a UPS employee let alone a driver, I would EXPECT to be drug tested frequently.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

You can sit and smoke a joint in the room with me around and I can lose my job with a positive drug test on contact high.
Cooked into brownies dude...takes care of munchies at the same time.

I have no issue with making it legal. I would expect all companies to double if not triple their drug testing programs which would cost big bucks. Even if it is subsidized by the government, that is coming right out of the tax money they would be collecting.
If it is legalized then it would be removed from the CDL operator banned drugs list by DOT.

As a UPS employee let alone a driver, I would EXPECT to be drug tested frequently.
Same as above.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

Does that include the daily morning breathalyzer?

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
HOAX

You made a point that I didn't think about.
I assume there has to be a legal limit on the maximum amount of MJ to be able to drive the company truck.
Granted it wouldn't be banned, but you can be disciplined if you walk in to work after SIPPING a beer.
If your boss walked by you and smelled it, you could be in line for the same discipline.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Can you imagine having a joint rolled up and having it in your ashtray for the drive home after work? The employee parking lot would look like a smoke screen after the preload and some drivers got off.........opps, its like that now!:wink2:

tieguy

Banned
I was watching the news today and saw that California was trying to get pot legalized again. They would tax it at a stiff 50 bucks an ounce. I don't use, but do think it would generate tons of money and maybe we could get some control over the problems that we have now with it. I do know it would stimulate the economy though, doritos stock would go thru the roof......lol

I do think we dedicate too many resources to fighting a substance that probably is no worse then drinking.