Marking another fatality(Yahoo ref)

Integrity

Binge Poster
My agenda is the truth, it would be difficult to know anything about a location that is not part of our company. Outside of the tragedy I’ll let the people who know figure it out.
There have been numerous horrific deaths in UPS and other company’s yards over the years

Yard Control Safety Procedures have evolved over time.

I would give UPS in my area, based upon my experience, a 4 out of 10 with compliance to Yard Safety Control Procedures.

I believe UPS lack of enforcement creates divisions among the rank and file and other coworkers which leads right into a “blame the worker” safety culture.

I think when a “blame the worker” safety culture exists among the workers it only give the advantage to the multibillionaire corporations like UPS when having to deal with accidents, fatalities and work conditions that have contributed to them.

Thebrownblob

There have been numerous horrific deaths in UPS and other company’s yards over the years

Yard Control Safety Procedures have evolved over time.

I would give UPS in my area, based upon my experience, a 4 out of 10 with compliance to Yard Safety Control Procedures.

I believe UPS lack of enforcement creates divisions among the rank and file and other coworkers which leads right into a “blame the worker” safety culture.

I think when a “blame the worker” safety culture exists among the workers it only give the advantage to the multibillionaire corporations like UPS when having to deal with accidents, fatalities and work conditions that have contributed to them.

So you yourself say your yard control is a 4 out of 10? Why have you not called OSHA why have you not called the one 800 number if it’s that bad it should not be that hard for people to see in one day? I would give our control in my building a solid eight out of 10. I never see anyone in the yard without a vest. Flashers are always used , irately see anyone speeding. If there was any problem that I would like addressed it would be allowing subcontractors in the yard who do not have the same safety protocols.

Having said that I’m not going to assume anything about a situation I don’t know because we both know what assuming does when you don’t have the facts.

Difficult to take a news story seriously when they can’t even get what company is involved I’ll wait for more information.

Last edited: