Marriage Equality act is passed,Republicans literally cry

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
@728ups,

I am a believer in Christ.

I do love the Bible, I love reading it and I find parts of it to be very useful in my spiritual and religious life.

Other parts are questionable and confusing to me.

I do not adhere to the doctrine of the complete literal and historical interpretation of scripture nor in the doctrine of the inerrancy and infallibility of scripture.

I have never been able to reconcile these doctrines with my spiritual life and some of Jesus’s more radical teaching in opposition to the established religionists of His day. Even as I continue to read scripture daily as part of my religious/spiritual disciplines.

My principle is I take what I want as it pertains to me spiritually and I leave the rest. I try not to argue. I do fail sometimes.

I do not believe in making God contingent on a book but I believe the book is contingent upon God and the Holy Spirits revelation to each person specifically and personally.

I do use the Bible in part to assist me in defining my morality.

All of this is based upon my faith.

I know and respect your right as a professed Atheist to put faith in whatever you choose.

As an Atheist you have expressed your feelings about the Bible, as I have mine but I am personally curious what you use to define or assist you in defining your morality?

I think you make some valid points in this thread and I respect your right to voice you opinion.

You definitely IMO don’t give off fanatical or extremist vibes as others do as they try to give their respective points of view.
I have no issues with anyones religion, however i DO have issues with people who want to make laws based on their religion.This is not a Christian nation, rather a nation where one is free to be a Christian. I dont like my rights taken away by religious fanatics. Also Homosexuality predates Jesus, so he was obviously aware of this practice yet never mentioned it once in the bible.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
You believe in Jesus. He ridicules your belief in Jesus. How you don't see that is beyond me when he outright says it.
I dont ridicule anything,but i absolutely DO NOT believe in laws based on religion. If you want a government run by religion i hear Iran is VERY nice this time of year

newfie

I have no issues with anyones religion,
What ? wow !!!
however i DO have issues with people who want to make laws based on their religion.
how do you feel about laws that take away religious rights?
This is not a Christian nation,
it was founded as such , liberals have been trying to rewrite history
rather a nation where one is free to be a Christian.
oh how nice ! you're going to allow us to be christian.

Also Homosexuality predates Jesus, so he was obviously aware of this practice yet never mentioned it once in the bible.
are you upset that jesus didnt think sexuality need to be discussed? the focus in your party does seem to be that we should discuss race and non hetero sex more than christians read the bible.

vantexan

I dont ridicule anything,but i absolutely DO NOT believe in laws based on religion. If you want a government run by religion i hear Iran is VERY nice this time of year
Laws tend to be made based on majority rule with protections for minorities. If a community decides a strip joint shouldn't be built next to a school that's usually religious influence factored in. The minority who want the strip joint built will likely get it built but in a different area.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Laws tend to be made based on majority rule with protections for minorities. If a community decides a strip joint shouldn't be built next to a school that's usually religious influence factored in. The minority who want the strip joint built will likely get it built but in a different area.
being against Building a strip joint by a school is hardly comparable to restricting freedoms of human beings to marry other human beings. Carry on

vantexan

I have no issues with anyones religion, however i DO have issues with people who want to make laws based on their religion.This is not a Christian nation, rather a nation where one is free to be a Christian. I dont like my rights taken away by religious fanatics. Also Homosexuality predates Jesus, so he was obviously aware of this practice yet never mentioned it once in the bible.
Jesus didn't explicitly discuss many things classified as sin in the Bible. But we're clearly told what is sinful.

vantexan

being against Building a strip joint by a school is hardly comparable to restricting freedoms of human beings to marry other human beings. Carry on
Except you're getting your way on that one. And as Christians appear to be in the minority these days we're fighting to get protections to practice our beliefs without being forced to participate in the behavior of others that we consider sinful.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Jesus didn't explicitly discuss many things classified as sin in the Bible. But we're clearly told what is sinful.
Are you cherry picking what you think is sin? we can have a long ,amusing wonderful chat about what you Christian folks call sin and what the bible calls sin

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Except you're getting your way on that one. And as Christians appear to be in the minority these days we're fighting to get protections to practice our beliefs without being forced to participate in the behavior of others that we consider sinful.
Having no restrictions on human beings marry other human beings they love is HARDLY infringing on your right to worship. People are leaving the church in droves but not because they arent allowed to worship. Thats absurd

newfie

I always enjoy watching the tolerant left viciously attack those things they disagree with absent of any tolerance or respect. carry on.

vantexan

Having no restrictions on human beings marry other human beings they love is HARDLY infringing on your right to worship. People are leaving the church in droves but not because they arent allowed to worship. Thats absurd
Watched part of a drag queen show in Austin that was advertised for "all ages." And children were there watching and hearing sexually explicit behavior and language. Clips were shown on FOX last night with some of it blurred and beeped out. You say we're restricting people who love each other. We believe gay marriage was the tip of the iceberg and it appears our fears are being born out. The decadence on display was very troubling. But as I've said if two of the same sex want to tie themselves together legally there are civil unions for that. But don't try to make people who object have to participate or get ruined financially.