Marriage Equality act is passed,Republicans literally cry

newfie

It's pretty funny when Christians get on their moral High Horse about Marriage being a religious union, while people that claim to be Christian such as Donald Trump for instance has been married several times and cheated on every wife he had.
That Sanctity of Marriage thing goes out the window quickly for your lot.
I've been married to the same terrific woman for close to 40 years what other irrelevant argument did you wish to throw at me?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
protecting the sactity of marriage as defined through the origins of time and religion is not taking the rights from anyone else. You can still engage in whatever perversion you wish to in the privacy of your bedroom.
Sanctity of marriage? Sort of like how Trump claims to be a Christian yet has been married multiple times,and has cheated on every wife he had. Speare me that Sanctity of Marriage rubbish

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I've been married to the same terrific woman for close to 40 years what other irrelevant argument did you wish to throw at me?
I am an athiest and have been married for well over 30 years. Unlike yourself i dont need an ancient book written by goatherders to define my morality.

and again: PLEASE spare me that pompous Sanctity of marriage rubbish

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I find it amusing that you view equality as having someones beliefs "forced " on you
The point of this anti religion act, is to prevent people from practicing their Christian beliefs.

Republicans tried to add an amendment that protected religious institutions and non profits to practice their beliefs, but Democrats rejected it.

Educate yourself.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
The point of this anti religion act, is to prevent people from practicing their Christian beliefs.

Republicans tried to add an amendment that protected religious institutions and non profits to practice their beliefs, but Democrats rejected it.

Educate yourself.
again, this is our country not your church. Keep your Christian ideals in your church and dont force them on the rest of us.
the churches should be taxed to the max if they wish to be involved in politics

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
the churches should be taxed to the max if they wish to be involved in politics
I understand you want to tax other people's religious institutions so you can give it to your own religion's institutions, like Planned Parenthood, and perform more of your child sacrifice sacraments.

But this is not just your religion's country, you have to share it with everyone else buddy.

newfie

Sanctity of marriage? Sort of like how Trump claims to be a Christian yet has been married multiple times,and has cheated on every wife he had. Speare me that Sanctity of Marriage rubbish
Is that like atheists saying you they don't need god until you're close to dying and then suddenly you're preaching the gospel and praying

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
yea thats like you guys rejecting the teachings of the bible and then telling me you have morals.
If someone needs a fairy tale fable book book written by middle eastern goatherders to be a moral decent person.......that person has a great deal of issues and that book aint gonna help em

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
yea thats like you guys rejecting the teachings of the bible and then telling me you have morals.
I find it amusing that " Christians" such as Donald Trump cheat on every wife they have ever had and you claim an athiest has no morals.
Herschel says he's a "man of God " as well and he lies,abandons children he had out of wedlock whilst cheating on his wife and claims to be pro life yet funded two abortions.............yeah that goatherders fairytale book sure set his Moral Compass!

newfie

I find it amusing that " Christians" such as Donald Trump cheat on every wife they have ever had and you claim an athiest has no morals.
Herschel says he's a "man of God " as well and he lies,abandons children he had out of wedlock whilst cheating on his wife and claims to be pro life yet funded two abortions.............yeah that goatherders fairytale book sure set his Moral Compass!
i don't understand why you are trying to prevent christians from practicing their belief system .
you created this thread for no other reason.

vantexan

Matthew 7:15...Beware of false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I am an athiest and have been married for well over 30 years. Unlike yourself i dont need an ancient book written by goatherders to define my morality.

and again: PLEASE spare me that pompous Sanctity of marriage rubbish
@728ups,

I am a believer in Christ.

I do love the Bible, I love reading it and I find parts of it to be very useful in my spiritual and religious life.

Other parts are questionable and confusing to me.

I do not adhere to the doctrine of the complete literal and historical interpretation of scripture nor in the doctrine of the inerrancy and infallibility of scripture.

I have never been able to reconcile these doctrines with my spiritual life and some of Jesus’s more radical teaching in opposition to the established religionists of His day. Even as I continue to read scripture daily as part of my religious/spiritual disciplines.

My principle is I take what I want as it pertains to me spiritually and I leave the rest. I try not to argue. I do fail sometimes.

I do not believe in making God contingent on a book but I believe the book is contingent upon God and the Holy Spirits revelation to each person specifically and personally.

I do use the Bible in part to assist me in defining my morality.

All of this is based upon my faith.

I know and respect your right as a professed Atheist to put faith in whatever you choose.

As an Atheist you have expressed your feelings about the Bible, as I have mine but I am personally curious what you use to define or assist you in defining your morality?

I think you make some valid points in this thread and I respect your right to voice you opinion.

You definitely IMO don’t give off fanatical or extremist vibes as others do as they try to give their respective points of view.