May 5th, Cinco de Mayo, call it what you will !

Shiftless

For me on 05-05-05 I was 49 years old had 80 points and a GET OUT OF JAIL CARD in my possession!

That's right! 16 years ago I retired on this day! I didn't walk out! I ran the friend-OUT! Time to GO! Addiossee! CYA!

Time is flying! I'm enjoying the retired life! Ya I'm 65 now but I have been knocking down the bucket list of things I wanted to do and achieve.
I have good health, planned well enough I never have worked to make money since I retired, so, so far So GOOD! YES! I am knocking on wood!

AND! I appreciate all you working to support my retirement! Keep up the good work! Actually work till you puke! Don't be fooled by retirement at an early age or taking Social Security early either, its all a sham! Work long as you can, so you can assure SS will be big and be there for you!

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
tenor.gif

Shiftless

I get your expressive feelings.

Honestly had I not got the first edition of Rod's "How to Retire Happy and Satisfied" I may have still been working
and enjoying my career! Instead I am enjoying retirement and very satisfied!

Rod s first edition has morphed into countless revision's to help all that seek Rod's Wisdom on things Great & small.

Don't ever hesitate to reach out to Rod when you feel the need for enlightenment and how to always find satisfaction in the life you live!

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Congrats on the early release.

Most Americans are "uncertain" (aka clueless) about what May 5 represents to the Mexicans. They are even more "uncertain" about what actually happened that the Mexicans are celebrating. The Mexican version is obviously one sided and make no sense if you actually think about it.

It certainly doesn't matter.....but the amateur drinking, mayhem, wild gunfire crack me up every year around this time of year....

Last edited:

clean hairy

For me on 05-05-05 I was 49 years old had 80 points and a GET OUT OF JAIL CARD in my possession!

That's right! 16 years ago I retired on this day! I didn't walk out! I ran the friend-OUT! Time to GO! Addiossee! CYA!

Time is flying! I'm enjoying the retired life! Ya I'm 65 now but I have been knocking down the bucket list of things I wanted to do and achieve.
I have good health, planned well enough I never have worked to make money since I retired, so, so far So GOOD! YES! I am knocking on wood!

AND! I appreciate all you working to support my retirement! Keep up the good work! Actually work till you puke! Don't be fooled by retirement at an early age or taking Social Security early either, its all a sham! Work long as you can, so you can assure SS will be big and be there for you!
Did the Governor commute your sentence to time served, or did you get a Presidential Pardon to get out at such a young age?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We don't have the Peer 80 plan out my way, I always thought it was strange that retirement plans are so different depending on where you are at. I remember them offering "25 and out at any age", but that offer didn't last very long.

Shiftless

You would think that once a Master Agreement was implemented after the 70's (1973?) strike it would have consolidated retirements. I started after that strike.

BUT, my guess is it actually would have been a monumental task with all regions having basically their own master contracts it wasn't feasible.

Maybe Rod knows?

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
The Mexicans stiffed France, England and Spain on loan payments.
Troops were sent (1000 French + ENG/SP’s).
Obviously 60,000 Mexicans overwhelmed the Legionnaires.
So, the catalyst for their celebration stems from a act of dishonor...

oldngray

nowhere special
The Mexicans stiffed France, England and Spain on loan payments.
Troops were sent (1000 French + ENG/SP’s).
Obviously 60,000 Mexicans overwhelmed the Legionnaires.
So, the catalyst for their celebration stems from a act of dishonor...
Beating the French is hardly an accomplishment.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
We don't have the Peer 80 plan out my way, I always thought it was strange that retirement plans are so different depending on where you are at. I remember them offering "25 and out at any age", but that offer didn't last very long.
We had the 25 and out any age deal for a time also. But, no insurance until age 52.

Shiftless

We had the 25 and out any age deal for a time also. But, no insurance until age 52.
As an example: Could you retire at 50 and when you turned 52 could you then start the insurance?

Or was it, retire prior to 52 and never qualify or for any insurance offer again?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
As an example: Could you retire at 50 and when you turned 52 could you then start the insurance?

Or was it, retire prior to 52 and never qualify or for any insurance offer again?
I think you could get $2500 in pension after 25 years of service, so somebody who started driving at 21 could retire at 46. I imagine with no health insurance. A lot of people jumped on the offer, we were with Central States Pension Plan at the time. Another reason that plan has problems, the offer didn't last very long.