McCain and Palin

diesel96

Maybe this is why he's lost all respect for you. Why would you even say that, Diesel?

Over9.5.......Before you defend your Buddy, and as a supposedly impartial Moderater, ask Lifer why he would say such a over the top accusation on my part:
"You have spit in the face of all women with your scurrilous attacks on Sarah Palin. and then you have the gaul to type the words above! You have lost all credibility & respect with me. You really need to apologize to the all women for those condescending comments."

You might find this ok but I find it kind of weird and creepy for such an unwarranted reaction on his part .

tieguy

Banned
Hockey mom, 2nd place beauty queen, BA in journalism, city counsil than turn mayor of a town population of a whopping 9000 people, Gov of Alaska since dec. 2006 , husband with ties to Oil co. BP, under state investigation involved for the firing of her ex-brother in law who's a state trooper invovled with a messy divorce and child custody case with her sister, and this is the person you want a heartbeat away from the presidency?

Rep's talking points referring that she has more executive experience than Obama and Biden put together but fail to throw in McCain executive experience as well. With this logic, why should any senator be considered a canidate. In other words she's the most qualified on either ticket to lead our country. This is the biggest blunder in republican politics and really exposes the desperation of the RNC.

Sour grapes?...lol...you mean some natural laughing gas supplied by those who share your view trying to convince themselves that Miss Alaska was your best and most qualified canidate.

Over9.5.......Before you defend your Buddy, and as a supposedly impartial Moderater, ask Lifer why he would say such a over the top accusation on my part:
"You have spit in the face of all women with your scurrilous attacks on Sarah Palin. and then you have the gaul to type the words above! You have lost all credibility & respect with me. You really need to apologize to the all women for those condescending comments."

You might find this ok but I find it kind of weird and creepy for such an unwarranted reaction on his part .

honestly you did hit hockey mom pretty hard. It does appear that many democrats have sold out their principles of promoting women and minorities once the republicans put a women up for the job. Its a shame McCain could not have found a black female so we could also throw up the racist titles as the democrats tried to destroy her.

over9five

Staff member
Over9.5.......Before you defend your Buddy, and as a supposedly impartial Moderater...

Diesel, just so everyones clear, I have recused myself from moderating this thread because I'm involved in it. A complaint was made about a post, but I will not be a moderator in a thread I am actively involved in. If you think I'm somehow abusing my Moderator status, by all means, report my post using the "report post" icon.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
WEll I will defend a buddy.
While over9five is a moderator, he is allowed to post his opinions, and since he did not moderate anyone from having their say, that statement is unwarranted. Moderation is in place to thwart vicious attacks. Stating an opinion, asking a question about a behavior, is not an attack.
Enjoy the discourse, and the banter. Lets make solid points and give up the attacks on ones positions.
Attack the candidates, yes go for it. Just keep it "fairly" clean. We are here to share our thoughts.

UPS Lifer

Diesel,
As for only knowing her two weeks....
I guess I could say the same about you - "you have only known her for two weeks" also... But you came out and attacked her on a very personal level. I may have come on strong - but you have shown me something about yourself. I guess I just reached my fill of all the character assassination! It tends to bring out the negative in someone!

On a positive note!
The Demos attacked her and the votes are shifting to McCain and Palin in the process!
So, maybe you should just keep on attacking her all the way into the White House!!

My feeling is that Tooner and Moreuck and all the other women on this site have too much class to react to it.

I will leave it there....

moreluck

golden ticket member
Who Am I ???

I am under 45 years old,

I love the outdoors,

I hunt,

I am a Republican reformer,

I have taken on the Republican Party establishment,

I have many children,

I have a spot on the national ticket as vice president with less than two years in the governor's office.

I am Teddy Roosevelt in 1900

diesel96

honestly you did hit hockey mom pretty hard. It does appear that many democrats have sold out their principles of promoting women and minorities once the republicans put a women up for the job. Its a shame McCain could not have found a black female so we could also throw up the racist titles as the democrats tried to destroy her.

Odd that you should say that, after all the the evil "Demonrats"(as wkmac would say) presidential race was between a women and a minority. That kind of blows that "sold out their prinicples" theory out the water. Now McCain has found an overnite "celebrity" VP that outshines him.

Diesel,
As for only knowing her two weeks....
I guess I could say the same about you - "you have only known her for two weeks" also... But you came out and attacked her on a very personal level. I may have come on strong - but you have shown me something about yourself. I guess I just reached my fill of all the character assassination! It tends to bring out the negative in someone!

On a positive note!
The Demos attacked her and the votes are shifting to McCain and Palin in the process!
So, maybe you should just keep on attacking her all the way into the White House!!

My feeling is that Tooner and Moreuck and all the other women on this site have too much class to react to it.

I will leave it there....

Welcome to the NFL Sarah Palin......it's a contact sport. Here's the new kid on the block introducing herself and at the same time mocking her openents. So for the next two weeks, the RNC keeps her under John Mccain's and the RNC wingspan. Eventually, she'll have to stand on her own two feet and answer for herself. Questions like, her bridge to nowhere story that has been debunked, her Gov's plane she proudly boasted been put on e-bay, sounds good in a speech, but eventually sold by a broker. She's been billing the taxpayer's for staying at her residense, questions on her religion, church and preacher.

BTW Where was your honor when Obama's wife was wrongly attacked, or when hillarys thigh's, calves and pants suit became an issue.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Hillary's calves are a FACT !! And did she wear Pantsuits or not ? Seeing is believing.

I happen to think that the pantsuits were the only way to go for poor Hillary. :happy2:

And, just one question about Mrs. Obama....how come her college thesis is under lock & key and no one can access it?

av8torntn

A Teacher in Elmira , New York asked her 6th grade
class how many of them
were Obama supporters.

Not really knowing what an Obama supporter is,
but wanting to be liked by the
teacher, all the kids raised their hands except
for Little Johnny.

The teacher asked Little Johnny why he has
decided to be different...again.

Little Johnny said, 'Because I'm not
an Obama supporter.'

The teacher asked, 'Why aren't you an Obama supporter?'
Johnny said, 'Because I'm a Republican.'

The teacher asked him why he's a Republican.
Little Johnny answered, 'Well, my Mom's
a Republican and my Dad's a
Republican, so I'm a Republican.'

Annoyed by this answer, the teacher asked,
'If your mom was a maroon and
your dad was an idiot, what would that make you?'

With a big smile, Little Johnny replied,
'That would make me an Obama supporter.'

paidslave

A Teacher in Elmira , New York asked her 6th grade
class how many of them
were Obama supporters.

Not really knowing what an Obama supporter is,
but wanting to be liked by the
teacher, all the kids raised their hands except
for Little Johnny.

The teacher asked Little Johnny why he has
decided to be different...again.

Little Johnny said, 'Because I'm not
an Obama supporter.'

The teacher asked, 'Why aren't you an Obama supporter?'
Johnny said, 'Because I'm a Republican.'

The teacher asked him why he's a Republican.
Little Johnny answered, 'Well, my Mom's
a Republican and my Dad's a
Republican, so I'm a Republican.'

Annoyed by this answer, the teacher asked,
'If your mom was a maroon and
your dad was an idiot, what would that make you?'

With a big smile, Little Johnny replied,
'That would make me an Obama supporter.'

Moral of story!

The coconut falls close to the coconut tree ie making more coconuts!

diesel96

Hillary's calves are a FACT !! And did she wear Pantsuits or not ? Seeing is believing.

I happen to think that the pantsuits were the only way to go for poor Hillary. :happy2:

And, just one question about Mrs. Obama....how come her college thesis is under lock & key and no one can access it?

Guess what moreluck, I don't know if you would publicly showoff your body publicly in a bikini on this website, but I could care less about a canidates physical appearance, but rather than substance. If Sarah Palin were a dog :cool_dog: who could benefit from nutri-system :spaghetti:, would she still be a viable canidate in your estimation?

You want to know about Michele Obama's college thesis; here you go:
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0208/8642.html

...Speaking of Michele Obama, let's compare the potential first lady's education to the potential VP's education of Sarah Palin. Sarah.....Bachelors degree from the Unv of Idaho in Comm journalism. After graduation she became a sportscaster.......Michele Obama....bachelors degree, grad Com Laude at Princeton, continued a law degree, and a Juris Doctorate degree from Harvard Law school. Michele, probably more educated than all four players in this race but I know...somebody mentioned she has big hips so that should discredit her as well...

tieguy

Banned
Odd that you should say that, after all the the evil "Demonrats"(as wkmac would say) presidential race was between a women and a minority. That kind of blows that "sold out their prinicples" theory out the water. Now McCain has found an overnite "celebrity" VP that outshines him.

not really. Democrats love democratic women and minority candidates. They love the idea of either running. However should a female republican run and look out she's an inexperienced religious freak who promotes unwed motherhood and has a husband with "connections to the oil industry" . Worse yet is the treatment of the black republican who is quickly labeled some pretty derogatory terms such as an uncle tom.

A Sarah Palin who can ride out the 8 years of attacks as a VP will however become an unstoppable force should she choose to run for the oval office.

Thats why the democratic side will do everything they can to discredit her. She is such a powerfull candidate to reinvigorate the republican ticket that she scares the hell out of the dems.

What will be interesting to see takes place four years from now when the democrats try to find their version of a palin to thrust forward. The days of joe bidens being selected have gone to the wayside. The selection of Palin has been a major broadside that could very well change politics for years to come.

P.S. Since you feel Wkmac calls democrats evil I now have to give him credit for his fair and balanced reporting since he seems to have pissed both of us off.....:)

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
story.gif

wkmac

LOL @ Jones.

You naughty boy you!
:wink2:

BTW: Did you hear what Ron Paul did yesterday morning at the National Press Club? Unprecedented and impressive IMO. Phil Gramm called him to offer a pot of gold to back McCain and Barr offered to throw out his VP and insert Paul but he told them both to stick it. I love it when someone thumbs their nose at power to make a point on principle.

I think they call that Statesmanship!

:peaceful:

UPS Lifer

Welcome to the NFL Sarah Palin......it's a contact sport. Here's the new kid on the block introducing herself and at the same time mocking her openents. So for the next two weeks, the RNC keeps her under John Mccain's and the RNC wingspan. Eventually, she'll have to stand on her own two feet and answer for herself. Questions like, her bridge to nowhere story that has been debunked, her Gov's plane she proudly boasted been put on e-bay, sounds good in a speech, but eventually sold by a broker. She's been billing the taxpayer's for staying at her residense, questions on her religion, church and preacher.

BTW Where was your honor when Obama's wife was wrongly attacked, or when hillarys thigh's, calves and pants suit became an issue.

Contact Sport? Chop blocks in the NFL get a penalty - I think it is called a personal foul!

Don't know anything about Hillary's pants suit attack and I don't care!

As for BO's elitist wife ... She is on video saying "... for the 1st time I am proud to be an American!" She does not belong in the White House period!

I have been proud to be American my entire life - I will bet you have been also! How can you stand up for that Bit**?

There is a hidden agenda with her and him.... wait and see if they make it! I will definitely point it out to you every step of the way.

Talk about the NFL - I just threw down the red flag - I want the speech reviewed and you get to be the official that makes the decision.

Here is the catch.... Your audience is ONLY the folks who are the surviving relatives and significant others who lost their relatives seven years ago today!!! You best wear a flack jacket!!!

For all you Patriots out there .... remember 9/11 and the heroes that passed on that fateful day!

tieguy

Banned
LOL @ Jones.

You naughty boy you!
:wink2:

BTW: Did you hear what Ron Paul did yesterday morning at the National Press Club? Unprecedented and impressive IMO. Phil Gramm called him to offer a pot of gold to back McCain and Barr offered to throw out his VP and insert Paul but he told them both to stick it. I love it when someone thumbs their nose at power to make a point on principle.

I think they call that Statesmanship!
:peaceful:

No disrespect intended but I call it stupidity and or possibly arrogance. If Ron Paul really believes he has the right answers then he needs to do what he can to promote himself to where more people hear his message.

The prophet in the wilderness routine won't give his message heard and won't change this country.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Subject: Presidential Pension

A president's pension currently is $191,300 per year, until he is 80
years old.

Assuming the next president lives to age 80. Sen. McCain would receive
ZERO pension as he would reach 80 at the end of two terms as president.

Sen. Obama would be retired for 26 years after two terms and would
receive $4,973,800 in pension.

Therefore it would certainly make economic sense to elect McCain in
November.

How's that for non partisan thinking???
>