Members of Local 396, I urge you to vote NO on this proposal!

PAS'd out

This ain't rocket science
Undies. Consider an MD if your condition warrants. I have had lower back issues for 5 years and finally had a rhizotomy done in November and have been pain free for 6 months. It was a medical benefit that cost me 25 well spent dollars out of pocket.

Last edited:

brostalss

We should have taken UPS's offer of $20 a week for single,$40 for you plus one and $60 for family. Sounds better everyday.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
We should have taken UPS's offer of $20 a week for single,$40 for you plus one and $60 for family. Sounds better everyday.

In retrospect, given the T.A. in front of us, that deal would have been better for all our families and coworkers. Despite all the tough talk from HOFFA/HALL/H, the language that comes back is WEAK at best and harmful to all of our members.

The article 6 language of the national master is particularly disturbing... For all the tough talk about "preventing" technology from harming us, the language comes back WORSE than what was written back in 2008 that I complained about.

The removal of the words "FIRST OFFENSE" and the inclusion of the words "ANY INTENTIONAL ACT" make article 6 a deadly combination for ALL DRIVERS in a package car or feeder rig. Lets talk about some possibilities:

Lets say that the center manager tells you that you CANNOT drive more than 1/2 mile off route to get lunch, and you disapprove of this "directive" and deliberately drive 1.5 miles for lunch anyways. GPS calculates the 1.5 miles and the manager calls you into the office to discuss it. He asks you if you did drive the 1.5 miles despite the directive and you respond with "yes i did, I had to get my lunch".

This will be considered a "TERMINABLE" offense. You committed "AN INTENTIONAL ACT" that was CORRABORATED by GPS.

The reality is that there is NO NEED for the company to prove you were trying to be dishonest, and instead, the "INTENTIONAL ACT" stands alone from dishonesty.

If the language said "any intentional act that demonstrates dishonesty" , then we would have a different meaning.

GPS technology and DIAD are the two biggest tools ( next to H , Hall & Hoffa ) that affect our package and feeder drivers. ( feeder has ivis)

Lets say you open a NDA package on the wrong street and drive to the location to avoid being late. You close the stop and come up fine on time, yet, when you get back, the manager asks to speak to you about this.

He asks if you opened the stop on the wrong street and you respond with "yes, I did", you confirm you drove with the stop open and made it to the destination late, but come up within the time guidelines for air commit.

At that point, he can discharge you for both "an intentional act" and "defrauding" the company. ( dishonesty )

This is the NEW article 6 for 2013.

READ IT folks.

Peace

TOS

p.s. for those who will respond with "they have to observe you first", better read it again, that applies to "OTHER" dischargeable offenses and require additional corroboration.

balland chain

Yeah, I agree... I dont think the union would want that because of the Union run health plans they THEY can control and change when ever they decide to... I do not like this contract at all.. I went to our union meeting Sat. and was there for 4 hours to get all the information possible.. It is being spun,,but I see it as a snake in the grass... The new language will give UPS more power to terminate..and down here, they are !!!

rudy5150

That would have sucked for part timers......most part timers make 180-200 a week. so if u minus 60 for family plan. Would you wake up at 230 am mon-fri for $130-$140 a week? lol even less the week of union dues.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Our business agent was in our yard today, handing out a copy of the proposed Central States health plan. HE was going on and on about how it was the same, until the questions started flying. Once he got pinned, he said this to 20 people standing around him... QUOTE:

"I cant answer your questions, im only here to tell you what I was told to tell you"...

When asked about money coming out of our pockets he said ....QUOTE:

"ok, i cant lie, you will have to put out money out of your pockets, but I dont know how much that is going to be"

When asked about the comparision to what we have vs what they are attempting to give us, he said ....QUOTE:

"ok, yes, what you have now is better than this, but I dont have all the details, so I cant tell you how much different"...

This is suppose to be the selling point of the contract?

An agent with his foot in his mouth? An Agent who admits he is only telling us what "he" was told to tell us?

VOTE NO PEOPLE. If the agent cant tell you what its about, then we are in trouble.

Peace

TOS

brostalss

Sam Cornejo was at our Hub last night. Gave us a side by side comparison of our current health care plan and what they want us to move into. It's a bit of a step down for sure. Just don't like the fact we will be voting on an unknown. Not worth the risk.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Sam Cornejo was at our Hub last night. Gave us a side by side comparison of our current health care plan and what they want us to move into. It's a bit of a step down for sure. Just don't like the fact we will be voting on an unknown. Not worth the risk.

Its a BIG stepdown. They wont ADMIT it on their OWN, and they have to be ASKED about it before they even go there. The LOCAL knows its an inferior health plan compared to what we currently have, unfortunately, they wont ADMIT how inferior it is.

What is the bigger joke, is that Sam C. came to the yards on the day the TA was announced and told EVERYONE the insurance was going to stay the same without any changes. I am sure if you were there, you heard him say so. NOW, its completely different than HE represented on that day.

Today, the agents are saying only what they are "TOLD" to say in order to avoid conflicts.

The local is going to have a Q and A after this weekends monthly meeting, but they KNOW, that most UPSers will not attend because there is not enough parking or room to accomodate them. THEY HAVE NOT scheduled a contract meeting to address the members directly which will allow for parking and room for those members who want to attend.

This is a horrible contract proposal for us in the WEST and we need to spread the word to all that will listen.

VOTE NO.

Peace

TOS

As a member of local 396, I agree and urge everyone to VOTE NO!

AS THE UPS BAFO - 2013 states:
"In the West, where Teamsters have "maintenance of benefits" language to protect against health care cuts, Any maintenance of benefits funding will come from reduced pension funding"

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE.... To use the Pension Plan Fund to cover an unspecified number of charges and maintenance fees and other undisclosed expenses.

I will not sign my name on a blank check and allow someone to spend it..... This is a deal breaker and this "Best and Final offer" needs to be rejected. !!!!!

​VOTE NO!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
In case anyone missed it, or doesnt understand it. Our current prescription coverage is pretty simple... 5 bucks or free. WITH THE NEW TEAMCARE insurance, your prescription participation costs are 10% or $50.00 bucks whichever is LESS.

THIS IS MONEY OUT OF YOUR POCKET that wasnt coming out of your POCKET before.

This is a major REDUCTION in insurance coverage...!

WE AS MEMBERS NEED TO STAND UP TO LOCAL 396 and DEMAND an EXPLANATION for the REDUCTION in medical coverage in a time period where UPS made BILLIONS in profits! WE the members of local 396 need to tell our "EMPLOYEES" ( the officers of local 396) that this proposal is UNACCEPTABLE and if they continue to PUSH for its passage, then "WE" will "PUSH" for their REMOVAL in the next election cycle.

VOTE NO!

Peace

TOS

Can you imagine how much money will UPS save by not administering the health care plan? For UPS will be the sweetest deal ever! And the most profitable! Maybe into a billion more for next fiscal year!

I dont trust the central region to be up to par or qualified to run the health care plan succesfully, and their track record speaks for itself.

Keep in mind that the Union can take money from you at anytime, So whatever amount needed they will take.... You have no say in the matter other than to comply!

Brown_Star

Methods Man
Can you imagine how much money will UPS save by not administering the health care plan? For UPS will be the sweetest deal ever! And the most profitable! Maybe into a billion more for next fiscal year!

I dont trust the central region to be up to par or qualified to run the health care plan succesfully, and their track record speaks for itself.

How can you trust them?!!? Business agents telling members "this is what I'm told to tell you" (scoffs ffs!! )

This TA is Garbage!!!

At the end of the day think of your family and vote no!!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Any of you guys going to the meeting on Sunday?

NO, the local NEEDS to schedule a contract meeting SOLELY for the purpose of addressing UPSers. There isnt enough parking or room to cover all the rubbish and other people who attend the meetings. By scheduling a contract meeting, R. H will have to face UPS teamster unhappy with this agreement without preventing members from showing up by occupying all the space with people who dont belong in our meeting.

So far, they wont schedule a contract meeting despite calls to do so.

What does that tell you?

Peace

TOS